Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coyoteapple

Aircon From Courts / Best / Hn / Gain City

hmm....i believe some of the other "not-so-big" shops might also have credit card instalment plans. if not, den so long as they can accept credit card payment, u can still get it converted to an instalment plan by calling the bank.

but before u do this, pls check with ur credit card issuing bank if they have this feature and wat is their processing fee, if any. For such items like aircon, the price difference can be in the hundreds, so even if there is any processing fee, it'll still be worth it as most times, the processing fee will prob be less than $100.

Thanks for the tips! My contractor's air con guy only accepts full payment (40% then 60%), so that's why im looking at these other alternative places.

I just checked with CoolServe, they only accept cash or cheque, and don't offer credit card / instalment plans. They also don't do extended warranties.

I'll be going down to also check out Harvey Norman and Best Denki this weekend to see what kind of offers they have.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi guys, i'm new here and i am also looking at these places for air con installation. The main reason being that they should accept payment by way of credit card installments (money is tight right now :( ).

I'm getting Gain City to come to take a look at my place this Sunday, hopefully it will be a pleasant experience.

hmm....i believe some of the other "not-so-big" shops might also have credit card instalment plans. if not, den so long as they can accept credit card payment, u can still get it converted to an instalment plan by calling the bank.

but before u do this, pls check with ur credit card issuing bank if they have this feature and wat is their processing fee, if any. For such items like aircon, the price difference can be in the hundreds, so even if there is any processing fee, it'll still be worth it as most times, the processing fee will prob be less than $100.

Hi guys, i'm new here and i am also looking at these places for air con installation. The main reason being that they should accept payment by way of credit card installments (money is tight right now :( ).

I'm getting Gain City to come to take a look at my place this Sunday, hopefully it will be a pleasant experience.

Hey, welcome to RT!

I'm also very keen to engage GC. Do share more with us. Thx!

Edited by coyoteapple

Thanks for sharing your experience with GC.

Anyone bought from elsewhere other than GC?

Courts?

Best Denki?

Edited by coyoteapple

This poor quality installation has photos. http://202.157.173.192/forum/lofiversion/i.../t28769-50.html

hmm....looking at the pics, i wld say the installer decided to take the easy way out and ditch the trunking. prob his thinking is, "since going to box up with L-box/false ceiling, no need to use trunking to enclose aircon piping. won't be seen anyway."

so he can prob make a little bit more profit by saving on the trunking cost. this, i call, penny wise, pound foolish. cos when the insulation eventually fails and water leakage happens, if owner had bought extended warranty frm GC, GC will hv to bear the cost of fixing the problem. and it sure as **** won't be cheaper than the few dollars that a stretch of trunking costs.

this was prob done by a diff contractor as the one who fixed mine. i'm sure GC employs a few contractors to install aircons bought by their customers cos the one who did mine, was very professional and tidy. all works properly done, even including paperwork. also confirm with me on how i wanna run the piping before hacking/drilling/cutting anything.

Hi,

FYI, my parents purchased panasonic non-inverter sys2. Everything was fine for the first year, till the MBR fan unit was leaking water. Despite having serviced, the problem recurred after a week. :(

How about from NTUC Fairprice?

Lastly, any idea if there will be any good deals in the upcoming COMEX?

Hey guys, not sure if this topic has been discussed previously. But I am gathering feedbacks from your past experiences in purchasing your aircons from these stores. I read the thread regarding Gain City's service and was definitely taken aback. What about other stores? How about from NTUC Fairprice? They are giving FREE extended warranty to 5-years. Just wondering how good their after-sale service.

I'm also considering Best Denki because they have a 8% discount for their OCBC card member. Moreover, you can get 2% worth of voucher/cash rebate.

i don't know what u read abt Gain City's service. My aircon was installed by them. No problems encountered at all.

But since then, i have found another plc to buy aircon units from at a much lower price. and they're currently serving me as i signed a service agreement with them. PM me if u wan their contact.

Hey guys, not sure if this topic has been discussed previously. But I am gathering feedbacks from your past experiences in purchasing your aircons from these stores. I read the thread regarding Gain City's service and was definitely taken aback. What about other stores? How about from NTUC Fairprice? They are giving FREE extended warranty to 5-years. Just wondering how good their after-sale service.

I'm also considering Best Denki because they have a 8% discount for their OCBC card member. Moreover, you can get 2% worth of voucher/cash rebate.

You may wanna go for CoolServe.

See my experience with CoolServe here... http://petunialee.blogspot.com/2010/08/gai...-coolserve.html