Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kaijia

A & J 's 3rd Home (em At Pasir Ris)

Ya, i would imagine ur kid would jump on the console or grab the things at the counter

Lolx!! Ya... I'm having something similar in my current home. My 11mths baby loves touching things on the console. My 24mths girl has outgrown tat oredi. It's more of the design of the feature wall I'm changing... Running out of brain juices. Hehe.

Wait, r u referring to the bar counter? It's a glass display cabinet, so I guess my kids can't touch the bottles inside, but still dun like the design nevertheless... Cracking my head to think of a design I like...

Edited by kaijia

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

gd luck in your wallpaper installation...my wallpapered room had a few tears here and there after it is done.

you doing wallpaper for the whole house...impressive, wish i had tat kind of budget.

gd luck in your wallpaper installation...my wallpapered room had a few tears here and there after it is done.

you doing wallpaper for the whole house...impressive, wish i had tat kind of budget.

Oh dear... Tears as in the installer damaged the papers? U got it from montella too? :unsure:

Oh dear... Tears as in the installer damaged the papers? U got it from montella too? :unsure:

yup got it from them at one of the exhibitions in expo. They teared the wallpapers during installation and they just simply glued them back. i din find out during the handover till upon close inspection the day after.

yup got it from them at one of the exhibitions in expo. They teared the wallpapers during installation and they just simply glued them back. i din find out during the handover till upon close inspection the day after.

omg... tat's so bad of them. did u manage to keep the left over of the rolls? think i'll tell them if they tear it they will have to redo the whole thing for me, unless it's not obvious...

Used this as a counter top in my current home's kitchen. :good: It's reali non-staining & very pretty. im a heavy cook at home & after using this material as a counter-top for 2.5 yrs, it still maintains it's white, shiny look (there are some small holes on the top now, but they rnt obvious). Highly recommended for the looks & benefits. Think this material is still quite uncommon. In fact, a lot of IDs dun know such a material exists!

(Copied from my previous t-blog)

Product Name: Neoparies Crystallized Glass

colour chosen: pure white

crystallizedstonepanel.jpg

this is wat i've gotten from the net:

Features:

Composition: quartz, calcite, zinc oxide, witherite, alumina, alkali

Neopariés® Crystallized Glass is a non-staining, non-porous solid surface building material. It is not affected by red wine, salad oils, lemon, or nail polish. It is ideally suited for use as wall surface cladding, countertops and vanities. The uniqueness of this solid surfacing material is that it is available in colors such as White, Light and Dark Beige, which are not found in nature and, offers a solution for many areas such as kitchen and bathroom surfaces where staining is a very definite problem. It is impervious to water absorption unlike natural stone surfaces. It has the strength and hardness of a mid-range granite and the ability to withstand thermal stress. It is similar in graining pattern to Thassos marble, a pure white crystalline marble that is quite beautiful but porous and easily stained.

Highlights & Advantages

-Can be edged and laminated to conform to most traditional stone profiles requested.

-Is virtually impermeable to moisture and other harsh elements. All contaminants are easily removed during regular maintenance.

-Is resistant to acids, alkalis, oil, and other environmental pollutants unlike Marble, Granite or other Natural Stone Surfaces.

-Bending strength is three times greater than that of common stone.

-Can be bent to a radius to form column covers and undulating wall surfaces. Curved panels are available in a wide range of sizes in both convex and concave configurations.

-Is not subject to microscopic fissures and fracture patterns commonly resulting from the quarry of stone.

-Is available in eight (8) colors in Galaxys' inventory in a thickness of 15mm (5/8").

Care to share how much is this material psf?

Care to share how much is this material psf?

i was quoted $180pfr as counter top by my last ID-The Interior Place. it's actuali a little more expensive than granite top. i recommended this same material to another friend (cos it's reali gd) & his ID only charged him $8-12 psf for flooring (he cant remember exactly, but shd be ard that range. he used the material for his flr & counter top oso).

i din get the last ID to do my new home as their quote, sadly, is off my budget. Managed to get a supplier for this material. Funny thing is the boss doesnt wanna tell me the price of the material psf/pfr. he says he'll quote base on shape, size & no of polishing sides involved. I think the polishing & all isnt cheap. so i guess i have to wait till my reno start liao then can get him down to quote. will update here once he quotes me.

cheers.

Nice 3D pics.. looking forward to seeing more of ur reno pics!! :)

hehe. thanx hippobb! cant wait for the reno to start. will definitely post pics when the time comes!

cheers.

omg... tat's so bad of them. did u manage to keep the left over of the rolls? think i'll tell them if they tear it they will have to redo the whole thing for me, unless it's not obvious...

ya, the leftovers are returned to me. some of the tears are not so obvious unless you observed them closely. are you using stainless steel sink for your kitchen? if yes, it's advisable not to let them take water from it cos my sink was scratched... :bangwall:

Headache now....

Juz smsed my agent to arrange for a final inspection on 13/14th oct b4 my 2nd appointment on 15 Oct. After 2 hrs, my agent replied, "Hi, thought they requested for 2 wks extension stay?" I called him immediately. When was that agreement made? Nothing mentioned. Nothing signed. I didnt even hear the word 'extension' throughout the entire sales process, not even during 1st appointment...

My reno is planned to start 17th Oct. My carpenters, electricians, plumber, wall paper installers, furnitures delivery are all arranged le. omg.... Whatever happens, by hdb ruling, she has to leave by 2nd appointment rite? The lady has so much constraints in this sale. She'll hit 55 on 31st Oct (meaning after which her OA monies will be locked under the Minimum Sum Scheme). So she'll need to sell this EM & buy another flat with her CPF monies, & all transactions must be done before she hits 55. *faintz*

the seller lady juz called me & asked me for extension of 2 wks. she insisted she had no place to move & tat the agent reassured her that 2 wks extension is not a problem. but in actual fact, the agent nvr mention anything! i understand she'll not have a home for those 2 wks as her new place'll be under renovation. but neither do i have any place to stay. oh dear.... wat can i do??

i called my agent. he checked & apologised for mistaking my flat with another. he said the lady requested for 2 wks extension, but knowing that I will need to start my reno earli, he rejected her request already. He helped the lady get the keys to her new place since 1.5 mths ago!! he also got the other seller to sign an indemnity form to start reno works earlier. & yet, nothing was done for these 1.5mths~!! gosh... i gave her the no. to my ID & she called him. from wat i heard from my ID, she seems to be very blur & dun sound as if she wanted to renovate. She told my ID, she'll call him if she wana get him to do the renovation. From all these, I see no urgency or effort on her side. I am quite firm i will not allow her to extend.

Edited by kaijia

ya, the leftovers are returned to me. some of the tears are not so obvious unless you observed them closely. are you using stainless steel sink for your kitchen? if yes, it's advisable not to let them take water from it cos my sink was scratched... :bangwall:

okie. i'll take note of that. omg... seems like they did a lot of damage to ur place...

okie. i'll take note of that. omg... seems like they did a lot of damage to ur place...

i also ordered my sofa from them and luckily not much issue on this except for the delivery of the wrong sofa legs... 8|

i also ordered my sofa from them and luckily not much issue on this except for the delivery of the wrong sofa legs... 8|

wrong sofa legs??! :blink:

i reali pray hard they wont create any problem for mine...

Edited by kaijia