Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
floppy

Our Home In Punggol: Treelodge@punggol

Didn't know why nowadays upload 10photos only 6 can be loaded :unsure:....Anyway....

Today mark the 1st Day of Hacking...finally the HDB permit approved. :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Congrats on yr new house! :)

Btw, good choice, floppy! U wun regret choosing jaskel as he's a very on-the-ball person! :good:

Yah. I totally agree!

Jason has been fantastic so far!

:thumbs up:

Edited by floppy

Didn't know why nowadays upload 10photos only 6 can be loaded :unsure:....Anyway....

Today mark the 1st Day of Hacking...finally the HDB permit approved. :dancingqueen:

Yes! I would love to be there to whack the wall myself :D (but i know it's better to leave it to the pros and your good hands)

And thanks for coordinating the air con installer and the heart attack in the morning :P

Yes! I would love to be there to whack the wall myself :D (but i know it's better to leave it to the pros and your good hands)

And thanks for coordinating the air con installer and the heart attack in the morning :P

Hi Floppy... congrads! :D Finally your HDB permit is approved. Now your reno can really starts to progress... :)

Err... so there isn't a PE needed for hacking walls in your case? Actually under what circumstances will a PE be need....pardon me 'cos I'm still quite blur on this :dunno:

Actually I'm considering hacking 1/2 height at one of my kitchen walls to make a bar counter when I get my keys probably early next year... but dunno if PE is needed or not :unsure:

The Day when gaincity air-con installers came..........

p1020614b.jpg

from 3 guys.....to 10 guys in the evening to complete the work with 3hrs. :rolleyes:

Might consider laying protection for the parquet flooring? :unsure:

Anyway envious of floppy la, dun need to go on-site can also see updates to his house! ;)

Err... so there isn't a PE needed for hacking walls in your case? Actually under what circumstances will a PE be need....pardon me 'cos I'm still quite blur on this :dunno:

Actually I'm considering hacking 1/2 height at one of my kitchen walls to make a bar counter when I get my keys probably early next year... but dunno if PE is needed or not :unsure:

porkypork, the guidelines for approval, pe, etc can be found inside a renovation booklet that you can pick up from hdb (or online here). depending on the specific wall, you may or may not need pe approval.

Might consider laying protection for the parquet flooring? :unsure:

yes, protection will be laid during actual renovation. unfortunately, it wasn't done so during air con installation as it couldn't be done in time. i don't blame jason for that as, technically, air con installation isn't part of the reno service/contract that he was providing to me. it was really out of goodwill (or an assumption that we all had of contractors/ids) that he helped me to manage the whole thing as i couldn't be there.

as for the floor, thankfully though, my wife had swept and inspected the area after the air con was up. all was :good: the gain city guys had done a good job - the trunking and plastering of the walls/gaps were :good:

Edited by floppy

porkypork, the guidelines for approval, pe, etc can be found inside a renovation booklet that you can pick up from hdb (or online here). depending on the specific wall, you may or may not need pe approval.

Thanks for the link Floppy! :D

Hmm... seems like hacking of kitchen wall no need to get PE... but the wall I wanted to hack 1/2 height got a beam above so dunno if it is considered RC structure or not... sigh...if need PE...means needs to pay more $$ :(

If you refer to the pic of the unit below...you'll know what I mean... the L-shape wall i wanted to hack is with the power socket below and the single brick on the floor :)

DiningAreasmallversion.jpg

progress has been slow. only hacking and plastering has been completed. otherwise, pretty much unchanged. hopefully, things will pick up in the next 1 or 2 weeks. here's a picture from a week back, with the kitchen wall hacked (much brighter in the kitchen now). the tiles have since been fixed up and the air con 'wrapped'.

P1080047.jpg

Edited by floppy

progress has been slow. only hacking and plastering has been completed. otherwise, pretty much unchanged. hopefully, things will pick up in the next 1 or 2 weeks. here's a picture from a week back, with the kitchen wall hacked (much brighter in the kitchen now). the tiles have since been fixed up and the air con 'wrapped'.

Think due to year end peak period, all the contractors are busy ba.. my reno will be completed later than planned as my carpentry can only delivered early Jan next year.. No wonder people say its never a good idea to renovate at year end.. :rolleyes:

Think due to year end peak period, all the contractors are busy ba.. my reno will be completed later than planned as my carpentry can only delivered early Jan next year.. No wonder people say its never a good idea to renovate at year end.. :rolleyes:

yup. year end isn't always the best time to renovate. unfortunately, hdb gave me keys close to year end, who can i do :(

thankfully though, there're some progress in my place :)

i'm generally happy with the work by jason. while there may be some minor rectifications (none of it can be classified as 'fatal' or serious), it was carried out with the minimal of fuss once i highlighted it to jason. i think it is important to maintain open communication with id/contractor (and we shouldn't be 'paiseh' to inform them if we don't think something is right). regular feedback (two ways) enhances a common understanding and ensures that we are all on the same page.

as of today, painting is on-going and the work on the l-box/false ceiling has been completed. most of the design elements and colours coordination has been completed.

P1080109.jpg

Edited by floppy

i'm generally happy with the work by jason. while there may be some minor rectifications (none of it can be classified as 'fatal' or serious), it was carried out with the minimal of fuss once i highlighted it to jason. i think it is important to maintain open communication with id/contractor (and we shouldn't be 'paiseh' to inform them if we don't think something is right). regular feedback (two ways) enhances a common understanding and ensures that we are all on the same page.

as of today, painting is on-going and the work on the l-box/false ceiling has been completed. most of the design elements and colours coordination has been completed.

Totally agree on this! Communication is critical in the reno, its better to highlight early to ID on areas that can be improved on rather than at a later stage when you think you cannot live with it and ask ID to rectify.. I think generally renovation will have issues here and there and us owners should not be shy to feedback, since the contractors/IDs are not embarrassed about mistakes they made too!! :P

Anyway glad for you that you are happy with your renovation! hmmm.. but how come jason never come update photos at your blog? he too busy liao?

Anyway glad for you that you are happy with your renovation! hmmm.. but how come jason never come update photos at your blog? he too busy liao?

yup. he's quite busy running around and meeting house owners.

he's been taking photos but i think he got no time to upload them :D

slowly, but surely, the house is coming together.

some heartaches, some mistakes we've made, but generally, so far so good. Most of the walls are painted, left with minor touch ups after carpentry and the other stuff are up.

master bedroom:

Paintedwallsofthemasterbedroom.jpg

Edited by floppy