Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bladers

Where To Buy Nice Wall Paintings / Decor Balinese Theme

Yes the ballerina ones are nice. Artist is Binh(sp) I believe. My friend bought one of his paintings when we were there too. She's a pretty avid art collector and bought some better known paintings. Me, I just need to fill my walls.

binh.. you are probably right...

Prefer the viet to the indo (abstract ones) myself... was at bali, ubub area and saw kids painting those abstract arts.. so i was quite put off after those scenes..

well... paintings need to suit one home's design and concept also... surely cant put chinese water colour painting in my house...! lol

but i love the chinese modern paintings and sculptures!

if the budget from TS is 100-200. i would go hanoi and pick up some of these canvas.. definitely worth the trip..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
binh.. you are probably right...

Prefer the viet to the indo (abstract ones) myself... was at bali, ubub area and saw kids painting those abstract arts.. so i was quite put off after those scenes..

well... paintings need to suit one home's design and concept also... surely cant put chinese water colour painting in my house...! lol

but i love the chinese modern paintings and sculptures!

if the budget from TS is 100-200. i would go hanoi and pick up some of these canvas.. definitely worth the trip..

how to get those paintings wif just 100-200?

i love Binh's "Nude" but it's a whopping USD4,800!

Trung's "Hoi An" is **** nice too....but i dun even dare to guess hw much it'll cost. it's marked as "Price on Request". Now we knw tt's another term for "Such high price you won't be able to afford it if you had to ask".....lol.

how to get those paintings wif just 100-200?

i love Binh's "Nude" but it's a whopping USD4,800!

Trung's "Hoi An" is **** nice too....but i dun even dare to guess hw much it'll cost. it's marked as "Price on Request". Now we knw tt's another term for "Such high price you won't be able to afford it if you had to ask".....lol.

haha.. ya.. hanoi street.. cant rem the name but the main shopping street is strewn with "arts" galleries..

the original ones are without doubt going to cost .. there are many "copies" with similar style.. different strokes.. at a much more reasonable price..

the only thing about art is that if u really like an original painting.. u will find it hard to accept a copy..

so, i always end up admiring them from the net..

for USD 100-200.. you can find a good array of startup artists with interesting pieces in hanoi if you are not into those big name artists..

the only thing about art is that if u really like an original painting.. u will find it hard to accept a copy..

so, i always end up admiring them from the net..

true true....for collectors....

as for me, i'm just like "everton"....just need to fill my white, empty walls wif sth nice and pleasing to the eye. heck, i can even accept art prints.....lol....but putting up an art print of van Gogh's "Starry Night" or Edvard Munch's "The Scream" feels kinda like.....counterfeiting or deceiving oneself or...dunno hw to describe it. it's like "u wanna hv the real thing, but can't afford the real thing, so take a cheap copy, and den be mocked by others for using a cheap copy" kinda feeling....... :lol::rofl:

Edited by manutd1972

true true....for collectors....

as for me, i'm just like "everton"....just need to fill my white, empty walls wif sth nice and pleasing to the eye. heck, i can even accept art prints.....lol....but putting up an art print of van Gogh's "Starry Night" or Edvard Munch's "The Scream" feels kinda like.....counterfeiting or deceiving oneself or...dunno hw to describe it. it's like "u wanna hv the real thing, but can't afford the real thing, so take a cheap copy, and den be mocked by others for using a cheap copy" kinda feeling....... :lol::rofl:

Yes i absolutely agree. Even us poor and artistically illiterate have to draw the line somewhere.... and I draw the line there.