Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

...Your main focus seems to be the kitchen ...wow very impressive and awesome but the living area looks kinda small... maybe instead of wallpapers can consider some mirror to give a bigger impression.

Noted in your siggy that u are using Mitsubishi System 3 non inverter too, did u upgrade from the standard 3/8 inches to 1/2 inches armflex for the trunking ? Is it advisable to upgrade ?

Haha actually we dun like too many mirrors around, mirrors very high maintenance lo and if angle is not good, it actually will not create the spacious effect.. As for air-con now that u mention, i not sure what pipings i use! totally clueless of aircon since i always a "fan" boy, never had aircon in my current home lo.. hehe..

woo, very nice drawings. This is inclusive of all materials? flooring, hacking? If so, I think that's a very attractive quote too!

like yr open concept kitchen. We almost wanted to do that, but in the end decided against it bc of the oil etc. But that's bc we cook everyday ..

If you cook everyday then really not advisable to go open concept, for us is maybe once or twice every week so we think should be fine..

Oh my other half pointed out to me that i never mention the 37K never include the laminated flooring we get for the rooms on our own, so add about 2K plus should be close to 40 ba.. but ya it include homo tiles for hall and kitchen, and also hacking and make good.. ;)

wo, get keys liao! Congrats congrats! N v nice drawings!! :D

Gam Xia! :D

Wow, 37k is good! Looking at your 3D designs, suddenly feel depressed that my reno is 41k and I think not even as kirat kirat haha..

About the rain shower, here's a pic of the bathroom:

Not quite sure why our ID told us cannot fit the rainshower, but we assumed it's because of the box-up. Now that I've read this, I think maybe kena conned liao.

Dun sad ya, as i mention above, my reno after including the laminated flooring is almost same as yours liao! somemore cannot really compare la, you got build platform and from your 3D, your tv feature wall and console should be very exp right? materials costs for your reno should be high!

About the rainshower, i think it can fit la but like what froggy say, if clearance not enough then will not fully enjoy the effects of the rainshower so maybe thats why your ID say cannot? Or i might be wrong and really cannot be done.. i will check with my ID and let u know again k! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Has the air con guy come by to see how he can run the piping? Mine is literally all over, even after hiding whatever I can in the false ceiling! Then I asked for the skirtings to be changed to White, turns out it looks exactly like the air con piping, so looks like now got 2 skirtings =.=|||

Has the air con guy come by to see how he can run the piping? Mine is literally all over, even after hiding whatever I can in the false ceiling! Then I asked for the skirtings to be changed to White, turns out it looks exactly like the air con piping, so looks like now got 2 skirtings =.=|||

Actually the aircon piping was up on the first day of my reno liao lo.. i think mine still alright but too dark to see clearly so will go this weekend to take pics and confirm! :)

Since we not installing aircon in the hall so the piping works are constrained to the rooms only.. only thing that i am upset is the room with most pipes running around is my entertainment room, which i intended it to be another highlight of our house.. Red Audi promised that he will boxed up these unsighty pipes but the reason why i chose this room to be my entertainment room is because it have clean flat walls, unlike the other room with alot of recess areas..

Scared after so many boxing up, will affect the sound reproduction of my home theatre set and no good place to hang our Audrey Hepburn posters le... :(

Actually the aircon piping was up on the first day of my reno liao lo.. i think mine still alright but too dark to see clearly so will go this weekend to take pics and confirm! :)

Since we not installing aircon in the hall so the piping works are constrained to the rooms only.. only thing that i am upset is the room with most pipes running around is my entertainment room, which i intended it to be another highlight of our house.. Red Audi promised that he will boxed up these unsighty pipes but the reason why i chose this room to be my entertainment room is because it have clean flat walls, unlike the other room with alot of recess areas..

Scared after so many boxing up, will affect the sound reproduction of my home theatre set and no good place to hang our Audrey Hepburn posters le... :(

Haiz, we decided to air-condition the entire apartment (cos our apartment doesn't "catch" the wind), and the massive air-conditioning pipes needed to be boxed up. Our ID did a fantastic job with it though, the piping is completely hidden in the living room!

Ey, we chose the same room to be the entertainment room! :D

Our study/entertainment room air con piping run until quite jialat, but at least there's a daybed and book shelves to conceal a bit. The guest room air con pipes are hideous though, and since we're buying off the shelf furniture, all the pipes will be so obvious!! :bangwall: And some more it's supposed to be our "bright" room, which is supposed to cheer us up whenever we're inside =..=

Sound integrity shouldn't be too seriously compromised ba, considering how small the room is? Or maybe can consider padding the walls?

Haiz, we decided to air-condition the entire apartment (cos our apartment doesn't "catch" the wind), and the massive air-conditioning pipes needed to be boxed up. Our ID did a fantastic job with it though, the piping is completely hidden in the living room!

Ey, we chose the same room to be the entertainment room! :D

Our study/entertainment room air con piping run until quite jialat, but at least there's a daybed and book shelves to conceal a bit. The guest room air con pipes are hideous though, and since we're buying off the shelf furniture, all the pipes will be so obvious!! :bangwall: And some more it's supposed to be our "bright" room, which is supposed to cheer us up whenever we're inside =..=

Sound integrity shouldn't be too seriously compromised ba, considering how small the room is? Or maybe can consider padding the walls?

Haha really? think the room is the obvious choice as an entertainment room lo, cant wait to see your end product with so many stuff! Should be :dribble:

padding the walls=more moolas.. now we really have to watch what we are spending coz we really cost overun by alot.. imagine we start off with 20-25K budget only.. >_<"

Taking a look at my hall, which is just a small piece of space.. TV feature wall should be the same design, and we are using wallpaper for the wall behind the sofa and it will extend all the way to the partition near the door.. keeping the ceiling works simple although initially i think is too boring.. but judging the height of my ceiling and the small space, simplicity is the best option. ;)

LIVINGAREAalternative1.jpg

Our MBR! We both really like the overall feel of it, so instantly passed this design without amendments, except for the feature wall on the left which is actually the backing of the our wardrobe.. The design of the feature wall is... hmmm.. u need an acquired taste to appreciate it.

MASTERBEDROOM.jpg

And our WIW wannabe.. hehe.. we love it so i told Red Audi to replicate exactly the same thing for us! :D

Wardrobe.jpg

Nice! I wanted the wiw wardrobe concept as you too before i settled on my current one :) !

Nice! I wanted the wiw wardrobe concept as you too before i settled on my current one :) !

Hope it will be nice lo.. coz with the false ceiling and the short length, think it might lack the the "grandness" of a WIW and look puny instead! :unsure:

Hopefully everyone reading this blog so far will find my writing style okay.. This is my first time posting so actively in a forum as i always prefer to be a silent lurker, reading what people wrote.. Know at times i am a little long-winded example when i writing my ID story or "intoducing" my 3D drawings, but i trying to capture as much as possible of what going through our mind and exactly what went on at these important points of our renovation.. So that in future if ever i feel nostalgic, i can always relook this blog and immerse in the whole experience again.. :)

But i am also aware that visitors of this blog might find this writing style very slow-paced and not enjoyable to read, so i am trying very hard to strike a balance.. Please feel free to feedback to me if you think i need to improve at any point ya! Thanks!

Oops! think i am long-winded in this post.. again.. :P

:seeya:

While busy rewinding my brain to remember the experience we went through the last 2 months, some current updates to my reno that is in the 8th day..

wall taken down on the first day of reno

DSC00920.jpg

My electrician is a young chap (i think) from malaysia which Red Audi had aptly nicknamed him Feng Yun, with his stunning hairstyle for someone in this line of work.. haha! :P he just started out on himself and is one man show but based on what we seen so far, we are confident he can deliver as per our requirements. First thing greeted us when we step into the house, instead of curling coils of messy wires, saw many white worms coming down from ceiling instead.

DSC00919.jpg

Unlike what most other electricians will do for wires that will eventually hidden by false ceilings, he shield the wires by using flexible pipes and this will ensure the wires are protected during ceiling works, and also reduce wear and tear over time. Neat work, great! :thumbs up:

Aircon trunking in the ceiling will be cover by false ceiling but dun know how the fat trunkings will be boxed up at the point where the arrow is.. that wall is supposed to have a full height mirror..

DSC00923.jpg

The aircon guys help me run the fat trunkings from compressor on the roof in my entertainment room so that it can be covered.. as for water pipes he did explain to me before installation no choice must run on side of wall to take shortest and smoothest route so that we dun need to use water pump which can be noisy.. now see how Red Audi will boxed up the water pipe while leaving space for my posters lor.. hmmm..

DSC00922.jpg

My dream of having a hotel-like bathroom, complete with rainshower system is officially shattered..

Went on-site to do testing and realise my head is less than 30cm to the box-up of the water pipe, which is directly on top of the shower.. :( stupid hdb design again and stupid me for not noticing this earlier.. Short of doing illegal rerouting of the concealed water pipings, there is nothing that can be done to salvage.. haiz.. luckily i have not make any purchase yet..

So right now i looking for a replacement; anyone have recommendations of those hand-held big round showerhead that give u a rainshower like feeling?? :P

My dream of having a hotel-like bathroom, complete with rainshower system is officially shattered..

Went on-site to do testing and realise my head is less than 30cm to the box-up of the water pipe, which is directly on top of the shower.. :( stupid hdb design again and stupid me for not noticing this earlier.. Short of doing illegal rerouting of the concealed water pipings, there is nothing that can be done to salvage.. haiz.. luckily i have not make any purchase yet..

So right now i looking for a replacement; anyone have recommendations of those hand-held big round showerhead that give u a rainshower like feeling?? :P

why dun you hack away the box up above so that u can get ur rainshower??

• Like 1

Hansgrohe!

But the price, u may not like it. :P

why dun you hack away the box up above so that u can get ur rainshower??

Good point, only thing is i cannot just hack away the portion on top of the shower, will look very o-biang.. but if hack away the whole box up, my toilet pipes will be exposed all the way.. dun know my other half can accept anot.. hmm.. dun have a pic to illustrate, will take a pic again with the box-up this weekend and post here!

Hansgrohe!

But the price, u may not like it. :P

u have a specific model to recommend? take a look at their website but no prices mentioned.. is it more expensive than grohe? talking about this, all along i thought grohe=hansgrohe! :P