Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

Just come back from my house after my ID complain to me during the day that the water pressure for my house is very low.. then its very difficult for his tilers to do cementing..

And indeed it was quite bad.. Try to fill a pail of water and it really take some time to fill up.. I already max up the water valve outside my house liao and its still the same..

Anyone got any experience in this? Do i called SP Services or I can contact the Building Service Centre for my BTO for assistance? :dunno:

I think the 1st time i use the tap to wash my hands in my new house, I notice the water pressure is slightly low too..

hmm , hope someone can share any experience/solutions encountered before.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Furniture Story...

We started to keep a lookout for furniture we might want to buy, even before we start looking for IDs.. we have see see look look at Defu, novena and those furniture shops at IMM but frankly speaking nothing really caught our eyes.. Sometimes we see something that we might want to get, we just go “Oh this one not bad hor, can kiv” and then walk away. We don’t see anything that we really fancy... :rolleyes:

Fast forward a little, in august there is this furniture fair, Asia Pacific Furniture Fair 2010, that is held at expo, so we just thought we might go there walk walk a little... As usual and also half expected by us, nothing we really fancy in our first 15min in the hall until we saw Species. We literally stop at the entrance to its exhibition area and gape at its furniture... We seldom see pieces of furniture BOTH of us like so much lo! And the rest is history... hehe..

We absolutely love this 1.4M dining table complete with the bench and 2 chairs, simple and in our opinion gorgeous. The wielding at the joints are really well done, and the glass top is transparent white as even at close inspection, its not those common glass that will have a greenish hue.

DiningTable.jpg

This is our sofa for the hall which we got it on our 2nd trip to Species’ boutique at furniture mall.. Initially before we got this, i was telling my other half maybe we should get from other more reputable brands like Lorenzo, so that we can spread our risk exposure on Species as we already paid more than 3k plus on deposit without actual delivery of the goods.. But decision was made immediately after we went around the mall trying different sofas and end up at Species again.. think they must have put kong tao on us.. :P hehe..

Living_sofa1.jpg

Our original coffee table is a round one, as we prefer something without edges so that we can prevent some potential bruises on our legs but in the end, we still found this piece more soothing to the eyes and looks more gentle than the original one we shortlisted.

KopiTable.jpg

Here comes the furniture for my entertainment room...

Gorgeous. Stunning. We love this. :dribble: Although this should be easily the most expensive furniture we have bought so far but we think its definitely worth the moolas... Though i definitely not going to tell my mum how much i paid for it...... we chose mango colour for this piece as we think it matches the theme i have in mind for the entertainment room.

Movie_sofa.jpg

Movie_sofa2.jpg

TV console, only piece of furniture i feel a little regretted getting.. should have ask my ID to custom make for me instead.. although this looks great and the drawers come with soft closing and hidden drawer tracks, the biggest issue i have with it is that i cannot fit my avr into the lobang.. well just got to put on the table top lor, no choice here.. :unsure:

TV_console.jpg

Reno updates..

Pic taken late last night, preview to our flooring as the tilers had laid the boundary for the different tiles.. Cant go into the house to take more pics as the cement is still wet.

Red Audi called today and tell me the flooring looks good! i think will be completed by this week, cant wait to go down and take more pics! :D

DSC00943.jpg

Hi, how much is ur dining table? look simple yet sexy.

I got as a package but think if u r getting it standalone, should be 1K+ lo.. but if u are a hard bargainer, maybe can get it lesser! ;)

Reno & furnitures bought is niceee:good: Look forward to more updates of your reno esp your beautiful kitchen

Thanks! :) yea we looking forward to the end product too! Ha just come back from site and suddenly realise after false ceiling and flooring is done, my house will look even smaller! i tip-toe only can touch the false ceiling liao :wacko:

I love your dining set!! Looks so cool!! :D

thank you! we really like its simple and classy look lor, thats why we change our mind and get this rectangular table instead of the round table that we initially planning for :D

:unsure:

Discuss with Red Audi today on the lightings, altogether including cove lightings i have 55 lighting points for the whole house! :jawdrop: Never thought i will have so much lights in the house before lor.. hmmm..

Anyway out of these 55, 28 are downlights lighting point so there are big monies to be spent.. He propose beside bedroom 2 and 3 which will be using standard PLCs, the remaining 20 use LED instead.. Although we know in the long run its to our benefit as we will save on utilities, and even with the special price he have for PLCs and LEDs, the estimated total cost including T5 for cove lights to do in such a manner is about 2.5k.. we only budget 2k lo.. :( we alreadly overshot our budget for electrical and now this.. sianz..

He then suggested if really current cash output is so critical, then we can go for all PLCs instead which will put the total cost to about 1.8k..

Haven decide yet but now really in a dilemma whether we should overshot our budget and enjoy potential savings to our utilities.. hmmm

Thanks! all the tiles i got from Hafary at Balestier.. :)

Anyway this is the box-up i told you before that i need to hack all away if i want to make space for my rainshower..

DSC00940.jpg

i rather have the box up than the rain shower cuz the box up will look so much better , and with the low pressure in your unit , the rain shower might not work well i think

err... 55 lighting points. is there really a need?

wow 55 that a lot

there a link that talk about this issue maybe u should take a look

Out of the 55, only 28 are for downlights.. the rest are cove lightings which are mainly for effects.. In a way i bring this upon myself.. haha :P

i rather have the box up than the rain shower cuz the box up will look so much better , and with the low pressure in your unit , the rain shower might not work well i think

The low pressure is settled, now water pressure is good and i will use storage heater as well.. :jammin:

Talking about this, Red Audi know its really my dream to have rainshower so he still thinking of ways to add in my MBR toilet.. Wednesday he is meeting the plumber at my house to discuss again.. hehe.. hopefully there will be good news for me! :)

Out of the 55, only 28 are for downlights.. the rest are cove lightings which are mainly for effects.. In a way i bring this upon myself.. haha :P

The low pressure is settled, now water pressure is good and i will use storage heater as well.. :jammin:

Talking about this, Red Audi know its really my dream to have rainshower so he still thinking of ways to add in my MBR toilet.. Wednesday he is meeting the plumber at my house to discuss again.. hehe.. hopefully there will be good news for me! :)

Wah, you have 27 cove lightings!! And I thought I had a lot haha.. You have one in every room? Did you include cove lighting (i.e. below the top hung cabinets) in the kitchen as well? Since there's only one lighting point, it might help to brighten up the kitchen a little :)

I'm using storage heater also, but no rain shower :bangwall:

But at least the shower head is interesting, it has a mist function so instead of showering we can just get slightly damp haha :D