Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

hi,

if just the downlights alone, will it be bright enough? those PLC or normal downlights, not LED

my wife dun like cove lights leh

Normal downlights should be sufficient in my opinion.. but be warned its area of lighting is quite small and you will need plenty of downlights to keep the whole place bright.. hmmm.. but best is if you can go to someone house with downlights and judge it yourself.. ;)

Looks warm and cozy! :P

Hehe thanks! ya chose warm lights for all so really got the cozy feel.. feel right at home! :)

Its alrite...maybe i will just check quote with Red Audi than..thanx..;)

Yep check with him directly will be better! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hey dude i got the same led light

how much did you pay for one set? fixture + bulb?

i got mine from chan huat

Hey yoz!! :) i got mine at 68 bucks per piece.. If you got it lower than i do, please don't let me know! wahahaha!!

Hey yoz!! :) i got mine at 68 bucks per piece.. If you got it lower than i do, please don't let me know! wahahaha!!

Woah I tot I kenna carrot but really you paid more than me.. you got the rich guy look :P

Don't worry I came across 1 set 100+ exactly the same thing.. so yours considered ok

Edited by reglxt

Woah I tot I kenna carrot but really you paid more than me.. you got the rich guy look :P

Don't worry I came across 1 set 100+ exactly the same thing.. so yours considered ok

Haha on the contrary, one look at me and you will never associate rich with me! I got the poor man look! :lol:

Ya similar to aircon, i am clueless with lights too.. before reno thought downlights are just one model with different shapes only, then realize the light bulbs that come with it matters too with the different wattage available.. and the price difference is really :jawdrop: saw the $100+ lights too so i guess what i getting is not a rip-off price and i just get it lo.. Don't want to confuse myself further! :P :P

Haha on the contrary, one look at me and you will never associate rich with me! I got the poor man look! :lol:

Ya similar to aircon, i am clueless with lights too.. before reno thought downlights are just one model with different shapes only, then realize the light bulbs that come with it matters too with the different wattage available.. and the price difference is really :jawdrop: saw the $100+ lights too so i guess what i getting is not a rip-off price and i just get it lo.. Don't want to confuse myself further! :P :P

Ya you are right .. Reno is real pain in the a**

Better get over and done with asap :)

I got the optiled bulb thou

By the way your house is looking really good :good: congrats :D

As my tiling continue to the 3rd week, my impatience grows.. though i am tiling my whole house less the 2 rooms, part of MBR, toilets and using 3 different tiles, does it usually take this long? Though i will say the workmanship so far is quite good except for the skirting, which the tiler is redoing for me now, i really not sure why need to take so long to complete.. hmmm.. :unsure:

Anyway on the contrary, the electrician nicknamed by ID as Feng Yun is very efficient! Activated by Red Audi to fix the lights, he promised a dateline and delivered before it! :) Visit my house on a saturday night at 8pm+ and he was still around.. Immediately explain to us what he had done and express his concerns over the practicality of our lights chosen, and offer alternatives.. Great altitude and can see he really take responsibility of his work.. Good! :thumbs up:

Some glimpses of my passageway.. Like what Kerio had mentioned, think i will depend a lot on my cove lights for lighting lo... hmmm..

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/B...no/DSC00972.jpg

One of the rooms using LEDs.. now i know why LED save electricity, its not bright at all!! tsk tsk..

For study room, i will not suggest LEDs but for cozy room, LED is great! My other half actually feel that the LED lights look very romantic.. haha! :D

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/B...no/DSC00974.jpg

MBR.. note the cover of the downlights are not fixed yet as its glass and my electrician is concerned.. so he will come back and fix for me when everything is done..

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/B...no/DSC00969.jpg

The best thing is we don't need to visit our new house in darkness anymore!! yeah! :dancingqueen:

NICE! Very interesting positioning of the cove lighting, and *snickers* I told you so :3

My Guest room and Study room have 4 LED downlights, like your study room; I think the rooms won't be that bad since you can always put a table lamp on the study table (or guest table, if you have one) which will help illuminate and add some style to it :) But I have to say, the rooms look really dark at night, especially if you use darker shades of paint.. my maroon colored study room is a good example =.='''

Ya you are right .. Reno is real pain in the a**

Better get over and done with asap :)

I got the optiled bulb thou

By the way your house is looking really good :good: congrats :D

Haha thought all LEDs are optiled? am i mistaken? me really clueless of what i am buying, only know my LED are 5watt.. hmm.. really need to take a closer look when i go down!

NICE! Very interesting positioning of the cove lighting, and *snickers* I told you so :3

My Guest room and Study room have 4 LED downlights, like your study room; I think the rooms won't be that bad since you can always put a table lamp on the study table (or guest table, if you have one) which will help illuminate and add some style to it :) But I have to say, the rooms look really dark at night, especially if you use darker shades of paint.. my maroon colored study room is a good example =.='''

Haha ya you are right and i am glad i have plenty of cove lights! :P

Me don't really like table lamps or study light leh, think its too close for comfort.. and give me reading fatigue very easily.. ya lor, now my study room is too romantic to be a study room.. so gotta change the LED to normal downlights for better lighting..

Initially the plan for my MBR bathroom is to "wrap" the original HDB sink with the vanity cupboard.. This is to cut cost and Red Audi think the sink is quite good so no need to replace.. Hence we have went out to buy taps as we really don't like the original taps..

DSC00967.jpg

However the carpenter tell Red Audi that the "wrapping" idea will not work as due to the design, the pipe below will still be exposed and the top will not fit nicely with the sink, hence if vanity is required, the whole sink have to be replaced.. Red Audi went back with us to the shop to exchange the tap, and without us asking for it, he bear the cost of the new sink! haha.. Though its not expensive stuff, but to me its an important gesture as he acknowledged his mistake and he is willing to bear the responsibility for it.. great! :)

DSC00979.jpg

Another good thing that come out of this is since we are changing the sink to the bowl type, we can change the tap to something we really like! Yippie! :thumbs up:

DSC00980.jpg

Initially the plan for my MBR bathroom is to "wrap" the original HDB sink with the vanity cupboard.. This is to cut cost and Red Audi think the sink is quite good so no need to replace.. Hence we have went out to buy taps as we really don't like the original taps..

However the carpenter tell Red Audi that the "wrapping" idea will not work as due to the design, the pipe below will still be exposed and the top will not fit nicely with the sink, hence if vanity is required, the whole sink have to be replaced.. Red Audi went back with us to the shop to exchange the tap, and without us asking for it, he bear the cost of the new sink! haha.. Though its not expensive stuff, but to me its an important gesture as he acknowledged his mistake and he is willing to bear the responsibility for it.. great! :)

Another good thing that come out of this is since we are changing the sink to the bowl type, we can change the tap to something we really like! Yippie! :thumbs up:

DSC00980.jpg

Nice! I was eyeing the same sink, but I wanted a translucent or glass one.. too bad the store we went to overpriced those sinks so we went for the white ones :(

My wife liked the same tap! But I was visualizing this gory image of me slipping and falling forward, and the tap putting out my eye =.='''' In the end, we went for a horizontal bar one hahaha :D

Finally went to take a look at my new house just now as last few days really too busy with work.. but see the piece of **** done by my air-con installers really make my blood boil..:furious:

All 3 blowers are installed directly BELOW the holes that are cut out for them in the false ceiling, then for what i get the holes cut for them in the first place! The measurements of the holes are correct so don't know what the he*l they are doing.

DSC00991.jpg

They did a poor job to wrap up my blowers too..

DSC00989.jpg

I think i am quite forgiving for genuine mistakes make as i am not a perfectionist.. but i simply cannot stand people who totally don't use brains when they work.. The holes is very obviously cut for the blowers and i don't see any reasons why they will chose to install the aircon blowers right below the cutouts.. they thought i will install cove lights there??? :curse:

Initially want to wait till tmr then feedback since its quite late, but really cannot contain my fury so text my ID for opinions.. Really too angry liao so change back to my sergeant days in the army and use pretty strong language to state my displeasure.. Think this is the first time he see me so furious so next thing i know, the air-con boss give me a call.. hmmm.. he is quite apologetic and did not try to find excuses for his workers.. he promised me he will go down to job site and view what is been done, and promise me a satisfactory resolution by tmr.. By now half of my fury is gone and then my ID text me to inform me that he will be meeting the air-con boss tmr at the jobsite.. So now gotta wait till tmr and see what solutions they come out with..

Sorry about the grumbling, but simply can't help it..

Edited by BlurRhino

DSC00967.jpg

Hi BlurRhino, our toilet sink is of the same design as yours... we are also thinking of wrapping around a vanity cupboard with top...but now seems like it can't be done :(

Sigh...got to fork out more money to change sink now... :bangwall:

Hi BlurRhino, our toilet sink is of the same design as yours... we are also thinking of wrapping around a vanity cupboard with top...but now seems like it can't be done :(

Sigh...got to fork out more money to change sink now... :bangwall:

Hi porkypork, check with your carpenter first lo because i still have not digest the technical details of why it cannot be done.. hmmm.. will ask again if i have the chance to speak to him ya! ;)

Red Audi is Designer or contractor? Can PM his contact?

Pm you! :)

Wishing everyone here a joyous and blissful Christmas! Enjoy the festive period!! :yamseng:

Hi porkypork, check with your carpenter first lo because i still have not digest the technical details of why it cannot be done.. hmmm.. will ask again if i have the chance to speak to him ya! ;)

yup...guess will have to check with my contractor to discuss on the options first...thanks! :unsure: