Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yup...guess will have to check with my contractor to discuss on the options first...thanks! :unsure:

no problem and don't worry too much ya! ;)

i from PV too. 602B :)

Now scouring for ID and waiting for my key collection estimated to be late Jan...

Looking forward to your final product...

cheers~

Hey hi neighbour! ya there are plenty of IDs around, speak to them and do your homework, and enjoy the whole process! :) Hopefully you will start your own blog here too?? ;)

Hey BlurRhino,

Glad to see your reno coming along nicely except for the air-cond blooper.. How is the carpentry going?

Just wondering though, how many watts is your LED down-lights and how much did it cost ya? Is it a 1 set (incl transformer etc.)?

Hey BlurRhino,

Glad to see your reno coming along nicely except for the air-cond blooper.. How is the carpentry going?

Just wondering though, how many watts is your LED down-lights and how much did it cost ya? Is it a 1 set (incl transformer etc.)?

Hey thanks! actually just self-created one more problem for ourselves for the laminated flooring package that we signed earlier at an exhibition.. haiz.. will mentioned more in my next post..

Carpentry will be up on the first week of Jan and judging from the carpentry works of my colleague who is using the same carpenter, it should be quite good! :)

My LED is $68 per piece and include everything that make it works, if thats what you mean.. haha.. its 5 watts and you should check with reglxt, think she got at a cheaper price and with a better bulb lo but not too sure about the watts.

Laminated Flooring...

Sign up a package deal for our laminated flooring with Supreme Flooring a few months back, even before we start looking for ID for our renovation.. Thought we got a good deal, and at that time we are sold as we really like the samples that they put at exhibition and the idea of an additional layer of dampener between the laminates and the floor..

Fast forward to last week, to our absolute dismay all the colours we pick all so called out of stock, as the sales explained that the remaining stocks that they have is for reparation purpose and not for sales.. :( So he promptly passed the latest samples of stocks they have to Red Audi (Rhiss and Supreme has business relationship), and our heart sank deeper as we dislike all.. The colours and wood grains they have now are really what we don't like at all.. They have a variant of the wenge colour we pick but the colour tone is much lighter.. Really very, very sianz.. haiz..

After much discussions on this, we decide to ask Red Audi to give us a quote using Kronotex and see whether the cost, plus the deposit forfeited to Supreme is something we can lived with.. Though the deposit is only $500 but its still monies throw down the sea.. Red Audi think its very wasteful and propose we ask Supreme to use the laminates to do as a fixture wall in my study! :blink: haha.. thought i hear wrongly but he assured me that this can be done.. this is really something new to me.. hmmm.. But then me and my missus agreed that rather than put something that might not be in sync with the theme we have in mind for our house, we rather forgo the 500 bucks..

Sales Pitch: Anyway the laminates not necessarily have to be installed at my house so anyone keen to take over mine? if you are interested in Supreme Flooring? Grade quote is AC5 and its $5 psf. Can sell you cheap at $200 for the $500 we paid.. :P

Hey thanks! actually just self-created one more problem for ourselves for the laminated flooring package that we signed earlier at an exhibition.. haiz.. will mentioned more in my next post..

Carpentry will be up on the first week of Jan and judging from the carpentry works of my colleague who is using the same carpenter, it should be quite good! :)

My LED is $68 per piece and include everything that make it works, if thats what you mean.. haha.. its 5 watts and you should check with reglxt, think she got at a cheaper price and with a better bulb lo but not too sure about the watts.

Shucks. Sad to see your problem with the laminated floorings. But sometimes, it happens to the best of us.. :P Not possible to wait till they re-stock? Anyway, it is them (Supreme) who is unable to perform their part of their duty.. Are they still allowed to forfeit your deposit?

Let's hope it will be cos we'll be going thru the same process as you!! :D

What I meant was, it comes in a set (i.e. a box) where you can just plug and play immediately.. I heard that there are 2 types where you can use as downlights at home..

1. A LED downlight which comes with a set (i.e. one piece with transformer etc within it) <if the LED fuses, the whole set needs to be changed>

2. Buying a separate LED light and a separate fitting <if the LED fuses, you can just change the LED>

This is what I understood from a distributor..

How many LEDs do you have within a downlight?

Still contemplating between PLCs and LEDs.. :P

Shucks. Sad to see your problem with the laminated floorings. But sometimes, it happens to the best of us.. :P Not possible to wait till they re-stock? Anyway, it is them (Supreme) who is unable to perform their part of their duty.. Are they still allowed to forfeit your deposit?

Let's hope it will be cos we'll be going thru the same process as you!! :D

What I meant was, it comes in a set (i.e. a box) where you can just plug and play immediately.. I heard that there are 2 types where you can use as downlights at home..

1. A LED downlight which comes with a set (i.e. one piece with transformer etc within it) <if the LED fuses, the whole set needs to be changed>

2. Buying a separate LED light and a separate fitting <if the LED fuses, you can just change the LED>

Don't think so.. Actually its not they cannot fulfill their contract, its we don't like their current range.. The flexibility to chose from their range of products that is stated in the contract works both ways now.. And not possible to restock as they are only bringing their newer range.. signz..

Ohhh.. actually i really don't have much knowledge in lights lo.. Before my reno starts, don't even foresee i will have LED lights at home.. haha.. anyway correction in the prices that i mentioned in my earlier post, it should be $65 per piece instead..

I guess my LED lights should be those that come in a set, as i itchy hands try to dismantle one of it but failed. :P As for number of bulbs within i will need to confirm again when i go down lo... didn't really take note of it..

Besides cost factor, LED really create a very soft and cozy ambience which i really liked :) but you might want to take note that it might not be strong enough for long hours of reading and if you really like your house to be bright bright, you might need to supplement your LEDs with other forms of lightings like cove.. But these really depends on individuals.. ;)

Hey here is the pic of the LED we use, think its only one big LED within the downlight lo ;)

DSC01000.jpg

Don't think so.. Actually its not they cannot fulfill their contract, its we don't like their current range.. The flexibility to chose from their range of products that is stated in the contract works both ways now.. And not possible to restock as they are only bringing their newer range.. signz..

Ohhh.. actually i really don't have much knowledge in lights lo.. Before my reno starts, don't even foresee i will have LED lights at home.. haha.. anyway correction in the prices that i mentioned in my earlier post, it should be $65 per piece instead..

I guess my LED lights should be those that come in a set, as i itchy hands try to dismantle one of it but failed. :P As for number of bulbs within i will need to confirm again when i go down lo... didn't really take note of it..

Besides cost factor, LED really create a very soft and cozy ambience which i really liked :) but you might want to take note that it might not be strong enough for long hours of reading and if you really like your house to be bright bright, you might need to supplement your LEDs with other forms of lightings like cove.. But these really depends on individuals.. ;)

Ohh.. Thought when you paid downpayment, you already decided which product you want? Therefore, they should be providing the specific product.. Oh, btw, found a buyer of your laminates deposit yet? Might be interested.. But have to see the laminates first.. Scary the way you condemn those laminates.. Hahahaha.. Maybe can directly ask red audi to show us.. My girl and I just signed with red audi too.. Haha.. Hopefully our journey is as smooth as yours.. :)

Should be happy you didn't spoil the LED lights in the process.. Haha.. I guess the main lighting for my place would be cove lightings.. The LED's are just to highlight certain areas like feature wall, mirrors etc.. Should be fine right?

Hey here is the pic of the LED we use, think its only one big LED within the downlight lo ;)

DSC01000.jpg

Oooh.. yea.. the one piece type.. What's that white color thing there?

Ohh.. Thought when you paid downpayment, you already decided which product you want? Therefore, they should be providing the specific product.. Oh, btw, found a buyer of your laminates deposit yet? Might be interested.. But have to see the laminates first.. Scary the way you condemn those laminates.. Hahahaha.. Maybe can directly ask red audi to show us.. My girl and I just signed with red audi too.. Haha.. Hopefully our journey is as smooth as yours.. :)

Should be happy you didn't spoil the LED lights in the process.. Haha.. I guess the main lighting for my place would be cove lightings.. The LED's are just to highlight certain areas like feature wall, mirrors etc.. Should be fine right?

Oooh.. yea.. the one piece type.. What's that white color thing there?

At that time because still very far off from our reno, so ask for flexibility of colours to be stated in contract.. In any case, i believe that they have disclaimers in the contract to protect themselves in the event that they run out of stocks.. After tuesday running around sourcing for laminates, i realize that its actually very common for these laminates companies to run out of stocks.. :rolleyes: hmmm no buyer yet but but but.. hmmm.. after my research and talking to different people, not recommended la.. haha.. but if you are still interested can ask Red Audi to show you the samples, he have the latest catalogue now as he liaise with sales guy that i signed with..

Anyway we had signed with Kronotex after comparing with Evorich.. Evorich had quite a number of designs to chose from but they lose out as many in their range is out of stock now and i need it urgently.. Kronotex will be installing next week, will let you know their workmanship after installation. :)

As for the LED, i guessing the white colour box should be the transformer? sorry i really not very familiar with this.. :unsure: hmm.. ya should be fine as i think for general lighting, LEDs works fine but as i mention in my earlier posts, people who like their house bright bright will not like lo.

Good luck for your renovation! Till date i still think Red Audi is competent and responsible la so i guess you are in good hands! Time to start your reno blog lo! :D

At that time because still very far off from our reno, so ask for flexibility of colours to be stated in contract.. In any case, i believe that they have disclaimers in the contract to protect themselves in the event that they run out of stocks.. After tuesday running around sourcing for laminates, i realize that its actually very common for these laminates companies to run out of stocks.. :rolleyes: hmmm no buyer yet but but but.. hmmm.. after my research and talking to different people, not recommended la.. haha.. but if you are still interested can ask Red Audi to show you the samples, he have the latest catalogue now as he liaise with sales guy that i signed with..

Anyway we had signed with Kronotex after comparing with Evorich.. Evorich had quite a number of designs to chose from but they lose out as many in their range is out of stock now and i need it urgently.. Kronotex will be installing next week, will let you know their workmanship after installation. :)

As for the LED, i guessing the white colour box should be the transformer? sorry i really not very familiar with this.. :unsure: hmm.. ya should be fine as i think for general lighting, LEDs works fine but as i mention in my earlier posts, people who like their house bright bright will not like lo.

Good luck for your renovation! Till date i still think Red Audi is competent and responsible la so i guess you are in good hands! Time to start your reno blog lo! :D

Lol.. You're not a very good sales person are you? Anyway, why is it not recommended? Anyways, don't mind just checking it out.. Might as well since we have to search for laminates soon either way.. :)

No worries about the LED..

Thanks but anyway, my reno's only starting after CNY.. zzzz.. So for now, time to update your blog! An update is due from you bro!!

Lol.. You're not a very good sales person are you? Anyway, why is it not recommended? Anyways, don't mind just checking it out.. Might as well since we have to search for laminates soon either way.. :)

No worries about the LED..

Thanks but anyway, my reno's only starting after CNY.. zzzz.. So for now, time to update your blog! An update is due from you bro!!

Haha that's why i cant do sales! :P hmmm.. when i signed the contract they claimed that their best quality laminate is of AC5 standard.. but it was not stated on the contract, instead it was stated tropical hardwood which is their best quality after i query the salesperson.. I find it strange at that time why he never put down AC5 but since i was assured that this is their top range which he quoted me, i didn't probe further..

After my recent research, i realize the AC5 standard that they mentioned is only self proclamation and their laminates are never certified AC5.. anyway you just need to take a look at a AC5 board that are properly certified and you will know the difference... Feel like kicking myself for not doing sufficient research before signing lo.. But then again i think AC5 is probably overkill for moderate home use, but who don't want the best for their homes, right?

Haha think coming week will have more juice to update, as installation of my floor laminates and carpentry will take place! ;) hehe actually after seeing Kerio updates in his blog during the carpentry stage, we take one day leave to see the carpenter in action as i think it should be very interesting! wahaha!! :D

Hi, can pm me Red Audi contact no? Is I-Bridge and Rhiss under same company?? :dunno:

Hihi! PM you! :)