Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

Think i should have a proper conclusion for the end of our reno journey but really very busy with work, housework and CNY the past one week.. Finally have some time to sit down and write!

Don't like

- ID don't take notes so sometimes need reminders from me

- Never lay protection for my matt-surface homo tiles, his rationale is acid wash will remove all the dirt and grease trap on the surface. On hindsight i should have insist since they already lay protection for my glossy surface tiles so not sure why they don't want to do for the rest.. In the end, i have to go around hunting for surfaces that are smeared but are not washed away in the first acid wash...

- Sometimes i think he is just too confident of the sub-cons he used.. hmmm..

- The soft closing used for the cabinets sux.. Yes its free but it sux big time.. Only good thing is the soft closing is an additional attachment on the hinge, rather than built into the hinge like Blum, so it can easily be replaced by myself.. Easily spoil, easily replaced. :rolleyes:

Thumbs Up!

- ID very responsive

- When reno starts, very on the ball and he can propose solutions or alternatives to problems i faced.

- We think he has pretty good taste, because so far we are happy with his recommendations, from overall design to choice of paint to laminates selection.. Even the doors for our rooms are picked by him, and the daring rustic tiles he proposed for my passageway which my visitors commended are good choice.. ;) But then this is really very subjective as different people have different taste..

- Give some, take some is what i will describe him.. He is not very calculative if you are nice to him too.. We have no variation orders at the end of the renovation, even though we have make significant changes to what is originally proposed.. :D

- Really fun person to work with and we can say we have enjoy the renovation process.. :)

Overall, i will strongly recommend my ID, Freddy from Rhiss Interior, a.k.a Red Audi in this blog of mine.. :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Overall, i will strongly recommend my ID, Freddy from Rhiss Interior, a.k.a Red Audi in this blog of mine.. :good:

why is he called red audi???does he drives red audi???red audi **** chio la!!! :thumbs up:

@lazybum: yea.. he drives a red audi.. Almost made me reconsider my career path.. :P

@Blurhino: Agreed with you on the first point.. The 2nd point, i shall take note on that.. Thanks for the heads up! haha..

No comments on the 3rd one yet but I thought his sub-cons so far did great for you anyways?

How bad was the soft close? What brand was it?

So how did you hide your feature wall cables?

why is he called red audi???does he drives red audi???red audi **** chio la!!! :thumbs up:

Yeah like what eggroe say, its a red audi.. Audi TT somemore!

@lazybum: yea.. he drives a red audi.. Almost made me reconsider my career path.. :P

@Blurhino: Agreed with you on the first point.. The 2nd point, i shall take note on that.. Thanks for the heads up! haha..

No comments on the 3rd one yet but I thought his sub-cons so far did great for you anyways?

How bad was the soft close? What brand was it?

So how did you hide your feature wall cables?

Ya lor must ask him to cover! don't really understand why he don't want to cover all, now renovation finish still left one roll of protective cover in my store room as gift! :rolleyes:

His electrician, carpenter and glassworks are great, but can't say the same for wallpaper and tiler, especially wallpaper.. Tell him he better don't use the same wallpaper sub-con for you lor, if you planning to use wallpaper for your house.. Soft closing was really bad, its some nameless brand and the quality really cannot make it.. 3 spoilt in 2 weeks :fire:

the feature wall in the hall still okay, my gal just push everything into the hole in feature wall but i doubt the cables will last in this way.. my entertainment room is the one that give me headache since i don't want to bend the cables.. hmm.. haven't figure out how to tidy up.. :help:

Edited by BlurRhino

Let me share one funny mistake make by the carpenter.. hehe..

Saw this at IK** and was impressed, and have in mind to do the same to store condiments.. so provide photo to carpenter during carpenter meeting and tell him to do the same for one of the cabinets in kitchen...

Ikea.jpg

But but but don't know why it will end up like this!!

DSC01112.jpg

Totally stunned when i first see this, as it is totally different from what we show him.. tell Freddy and he also have no explanation why carpenter do it like this.. Best is he ask carpenter and they still don't have explanation why it end up like this.. haha..

So in the end they add this cute little thing for us for free.. :lol:

DSC01113.jpg

The free basket they gave you and the condiments tray is what I am interested in too. Asked in other topic where I can find all these stuff but no one replies. :(

The free basket they gave you and the condiments tray is what I am interested in too. Asked in other topic where I can find all these stuff but no one replies. :(

hihi, i think i saw similar thing in Song Cho lo ;)

Yeah like what eggroe say, its a red audi.. Audi TT somemore!

Ya lor must ask him to cover! don't really understand why he don't want to cover all, now renovation finish still left one roll of protective cover in my store room as gift! :rolleyes:

His electrician, carpenter and glassworks are great, but can't say the same for wallpaper and tiler, especially wallpaper.. Tell him he better don't use the same wallpaper sub-con for you lor, if you planning to use wallpaper for your house.. Soft closing was really bad, its some nameless brand and the quality really cannot make it.. 3 spoilt in 2 weeks :fire:

the feature wall in the hall still okay, my gal just push everything into the hole in feature wall but i doubt the cables will last in this way.. my entertainment room is the one that give me headache since i don't want to bend the cables.. hmm.. haven't figure out how to tidy up.. :help:

Oooh.. What went wrong with the wallpaper? Go take some photos!! :P

Anyways, the only part of the house with wallpapers would be the feature wall. Think it's pretty safe there?

Your cables in the entertainment room, isn't there a hole behind your feature wall where you can connect your cables etc?

Let me share one funny mistake make by the carpenter.. hehe..

Saw this at IK** and was impressed, and have in mind to do the same to store condiments.. so provide photo to carpenter during carpenter meeting and tell him to do the same for one of the cabinets in kitchen...

But but but don't know why it will end up like this!!

Totally stunned when i first see this, as it is totally different from what we show him.. tell Freddy and he also have no explanation why carpenter do it like this.. Best is he ask carpenter and they still don't have explanation why it end up like this.. haha..

So in the end they add this cute little thing for us for free.. :lol:

OH crap.. My gal and I have the same idea too.. Let's hope red audi gets it clear this time.. hahaha

Oooh.. What went wrong with the wallpaper? Go take some photos!! :P

Anyways, the only part of the house with wallpapers would be the feature wall. Think it's pretty safe there?

Your cables in the entertainment room, isn't there a hole behind your feature wall where you can connect your cables etc?

OH crap.. My gal and I have the same idea too.. Let's hope red audi gets it clear this time.. hahaha

I used wallpaper for my "bedhead", entertainment feature wall and 2 pieces of walls in the hall.. Not really well-done, the one used at bedhead got small gaps at eye level.. lucily the design is strips design so can't see clearly.. under certain lighting, the one at hall can see one stretch that the installer used too much glue.. then they make such a mess in my entertainment room that Freddy have to repaint the walls.. so don't like them! :angry:

My feature wall in entertainment room is fake one, so don't have holes.. otherwise can see the "bone" inside then very ugly.. haha..

Yeah if you have an idea in mind, take the photo and pass to freddy himself, and ask him to ensure its done as per what you gave him.. ;)

Kitchen Photos!! :D

The "inside" of my kitchen.. love the fridge :P

DSC01111.jpg

Another view from the service yard.. the black one on the most right is the flop mentioned in the earlier post.. hehe..

DSC01114.jpg

From inside looking towards the hall.. so sorry for the pic noise!

DSC01134.jpg

the only explanation:

it's cheaper to do it this way.

unless the carpenter is willing to use the blum tandem boxes, it's difficult to achieve the look. Unfortunately, the tandem boxes are expensive stuff.

btw, the mirror at the end of the corridor is a smart idea. haven't seen many owners/ids wanting to use the mirror this way, but glad it work well in your case.

Edited by floppy