Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fieryfire

Half Hour Fire Rated Door?

Hi, does anyone know how to tell if the main door my contractor installed is a half hour fire rated door? I was charged $1600 for the door but when it is really light unlike the ones I used to have which are rather heavy. Please advise. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, does anyone know how to tell if the main door my contractor installed is a half hour fire rated door? I was charged $1600 for the door but when it is really light unlike the ones I used to have which are rather heavy. Please advise. Thanks.

Check the side of the door, side where the hinges are. If it is a fire door, you will see a label. This is a psb label to prove that the door has been tested to withstand a certain hrs of fire rating.

Check the side of the door, side where the hinges are. If it is a fire door, you will see a label. This is a psb label to prove that the door has been tested to withstand a certain hrs of fire rating.

Thanks for the info. My door was delivered plain and the guy installed it without any sticker on the hinges at all. Will be asking the company to show me a certificate or some proof that it is a fire rated door.

Thanks for the info. My door was delivered plain and the guy installed it without any sticker on the hinges at all. Will be asking the company to show me a certificate or some proof that it is a fire rated door.

The label is on the door not on the hinge. It is no use asking the contractor to show u the certificate because the serial number shown on the cert must match the number shown on the label on the door.

The label is on the door not on the hinge. It is no use asking the contractor to show u the certificate because the serial number shown on the cert must match the number shown on the label on the door.

Hi, thanks. found it on the door already.