Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leey0032

Our Baby!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

On a happier note..

Willie has been pretty efficient. with good memory.. and the uncle doing electricity is very nice.... sometimes, not only is the contrator/id is impt... the workers they hire are also very very impt....

The laminate Willie chose for us are vry nice.. flowerly yet simple.. exactly what we wanted!

work are always done according to what he told us.. if he said will do this by when, den it will be done... thumbs up!

and we haven pay.. hahaa... and i must really say Willie has been very understanding about payment, and he has never try to press us for money.....

more caprentry work tml.. veneers door up tml! curtain measurement tml as well! so excited... (but cant help but feel very worried about the horrible painting work)

Carpentry work all done ( 10 dec), except gfor the full length mirror at bomb shelter..

initially we thot Willie said 2 full length mirror.. but it turns out that the door of the bomb shelter part is laminate, not mirror.... but when we referred to the quotation, it is stated 2 full length tea colour mirror... so we are overcharge.. willie said he will revise the price and get back to us..

Quite a few probs with the carpentry work.. workmanship is so so only...

Got a small hole and scratches on the bomb shelter.. got a burn mark on the bomb shelter.. already told them not to smoke in the hse, but still see workers smoking.. sian.. and they use my mbr toilet! its brand new! i haven even used it! sigh.. i already wrap it up.. but when they do chemical cleaning, they removed it, and before i can wrap it back, they used it.. super sian

the cupboard doors don align when closed....

all the silicon used are white colour, but the laminates are black in color, so it looks really weird, like an outline, i realli donno why din they use grey or black? is it normal to use white sillicon when the laminate is white?

when sld chemical cleaning be done? they did it before the capentry work, den when the carpentry work started, den the whole place become very dusty again.. isn;t it double work now?? i habe to clean it up all over again... or is it normal? is this the normal procedure? cleaning den carpentry work?

and becos the workers step in and out of the toilet, now i have to clean it again.... sigh..

so fan.. so many things....

Our dining light....

picture021wx.jpg

By leey0032 at 2010-12-10

MBR console...

Picture011-1.jpg

Toilet shower area

Picture010-1.jpg

MRB toilet bowl... its not align with the black tile as agreed... donno why.. gonna check with willie tml..

Picture009-1.jpg

Toilet vanity, solid top and sink not up yet.. the whole vanity is way too low.. donno why.. need to ask willie tml... so many problems.. sigh

Picture008-1.jpg

Edited by Leey0032

The storage converted from altar table.. this one is quite nicely done.. but inside laminate not overlay...

Picture013-1.jpg

veneer doors... nice! but with the ugly door frames it really spoil the look.. hopefully will be better after the re paint

Picture012-1.jpg

The wardrobe door handles are rusty... we tried to use solution to clean but of no use...

(specially to remove rust) as recommended by willie, cant rem the name....

Picture015.jpg

den we bought this magic 'eraser' and it did wonders... clean off the rust... perfect.. nice... love it..

Picture016.jpg

the bomb shelter cover... mirror not up yet..intitally we thot the black color part is also suppose to be mirror.. but now its laminate... find it quite weird with only one mirror...

Picture020.jpg

the laminate for the bomb shelter and the same design for the white colour part for the living room console

Picture019.jpg

the living room!

Picture018.jpg

the shoe cabinet.... all the doors don align when close.. quite ugly.. hopefully can rectify

Picture017.jpg

Willie is always not ard during the work... i thot he sld be ard most of the time? luckily hubby and i don habe to work now, so we can monitor on our own.. if not i really cant imagine.. just the workers there.. ialready told willie to ask them not to smoke in the house, if realli wan to smoke can just step out and smopke,.and reminded him to tell his workers not to use the mbr toilet.... (we change the toilet bowl for hygience purpose, now they use it... and the urine all splash ard the seat... =( ) super upset when i saw it..

I really think willie can be more involve... and it will be much better... now it seems like he is not ard most of the time, and we are always the one who spotted problems... is it normal?

Chill Sista..

the laminate for the bomb shelter and the same design for the white colour part for the living room console

Picture019.jpg

the living room!

Picture018.jpg

the shoe cabinet.... all the doors don align when close.. quite ugly.. hopefully can rectify

Picture017.jpg

Willie is always not ard during the work... i thot he sld be ard most of the time? luckily hubby and i don habe to work now, so we can monitor on our own.. if not i really cant imagine.. just the workers there.. ialready told willie to ask them not to smoke in the house, if realli wan to smoke can just step out and smopke,.and reminded him to tell his workers not to use the mbr toilet.... (we change the toilet bowl for hygience purpose, now they use it... and the urine all splash ard the seat... =( ) super upset when i saw it..

I really think willie can be more involve... and it will be much better... now it seems like he is not ard most of the time, and we are always the one who spotted problems... is it normal?

Carpentry work all done ( 10 dec), except gfor the full length mirror at bomb shelter..

initially we thot Willie said 2 full length mirror.. but it turns out that the door of the bomb shelter part is laminate, not mirror.... but when we referred to the quotation, it is stated 2 full length tea colour mirror... so we are overcharge.. willie said he will revise the price and get back to us..

Quite a few probs with the carpentry work.. workmanship is so so only...

Got a small hole and scratches on the bomb shelter.. got a burn mark on the bomb shelter.. already told them not to smoke in the hse, but still see workers smoking.. sian.. and they use my mbr toilet! its brand new! i haven even used it! sigh.. i already wrap it up.. but when they do chemical cleaning, they removed it, and before i can wrap it back, they used it.. super sian

the cupboard doors don align when closed....

all the silicon used are white colour, but the laminates are black in color, so it looks really weird, like an outline, i realli donno why din they use grey or black? is it normal to use white sillicon when the laminate is white?

when sld chemical cleaning be done? they did it before the capentry work, den when the carpentry work started, den the whole place become very dusty again.. isn;t it double work now?? i habe to clean it up all over again... or is it normal? is this the normal procedure? cleaning den carpentry work?

and becos the workers step in and out of the toilet, now i have to clean it again.... sigh..

so fan.. so many things....

Hihi, don't be too upset ya! hmm.. I think most of the IDs will not stay around and watch the workers work ba, since if they are good they should have plenty of projects to manage, so looking on the bright side, your ID is good! ;) guess most important is so far have your ID stick to his schedule? and even though he is not around most of the time, did you get a feel that he is losing control of his workers?

Smoking and not using mbr toilet, hmm frankly speaking is very hard to impose and enforce.. Even though i am strongly against smoking, i know its impossible to ban smoking in the house since most of the workers are smokers.. and to them its a need.. But got burn marks on your fixtures are definitely not acceptable and let should let your ID know.. See what he can do to remove the mark..

Hmmm.. the plan for my reno for the next few weeks also clean first, lay corrugated protection and install carpentry but then there will be a final cleaning before handover lo.. maybe you want to check whether there will be another cleaning after carpentry? i believe there should be..

Anyway don't fret too much ya, talk to your ID and see how he address your concerns, may turn out good! :)

Toilet vanity, solid top and sink not up yet.. the whole vanity is way too low.. donno why.. need to ask willie tml... so many problems.. sigh

Picture008-1.jpg

I think for the vanity, they will install the solid top surface and the bowl type basin. So those items will increase the height. You cannot make the vanity too high, then the wash basin will be above the normal height. Are you using the bowl type of basin that sit on the solid top surface?

Edited by yeo99

I think for the vanity, they will install the solid top surface and the bowl type basin. So those items will increase the height. You cannot make the vanity too high, then the wash basin will be above the normal height. Are you using the bowl type of basin that sit on the solid top surface?

yaya, i am using those type of basin, mounted on top of the solid top...

you are right... think it will be better after the solid top and basin... :P

later i go measure see see... thanks for the info!!!

Met up with Willie today, and he brought his worker along to rectify the problem.. aligned all the doors of the carpentry, and he brought back the piece of wood covering the bomb shelter to change a new one for us..... =)

he said that it is the standard height for the sink and assure us it will be okay... measure the common toilet sink and showed us, guess we are too paranoid. :P

Willie has been really patient when dealing with problems... always smiling and explaining patiently...

solved the problem of our glass door for toilet! intially wanna do, but the person came down to measure and the person said not suitable to do glass door.. super upset.. but willie came up with the solution! and now we can have glass door!! Yipee!!

monday re painting.. super worried about the painting.. Andrew said he will stay thruout to monitor his workers.. hopefully it will turn out alright.... the paint realli spoil the whole look of the house.. today we were mopping the floor and saw how badly the tiles are stain by the paint... the workers are so irresponsible... din bother to clean up... now the carpentry work is up, they have to bend down and go under the console to wipe off the stain liao...

Welcome to the renoed by Room-For-Ideas family, lol

Sorry i didn't know about your thread till now.

Your design and reno looks great.

During reno sure will spot 101 problems one lah, just make sure u keep a checklist of all the things u want rectified, and also a copy to Willie. Most important thing about reno is not about trying to get everything 100% right the first time (which ID or contractor can do that?), but to be able to rectify most if not all the things in your list. Anything not happy just ask Willie to rectify till you song song, anyway u haven't paid him the final payment yet right? He should responsible enough to want to do a good job for all his customers, his business all comes from word of mouth, he didnt even have any presense in Renotalk until I started posting, so customer satisfaction is important to him.

Anyway, do provide more feedback on Willie and RFI here, so that I know whether to continue to recommend them to others or not.

Our dining light....

picture021wx.jpg

By leey0032 at 2010-12-10

MBR console...

Picture011-1.jpg

Toilet shower area

Picture010-1.jpg

MRB toilet bowl... its not align with the black tile as agreed... donno why.. gonna check with willie tml..

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

These are really nice man!

Well done!

Welcome to the renoed by Room-For-Ideas family, lol

Sorry i didn't know about your thread till now.

Your design and reno looks great.

During reno sure will spot 101 problems one lah, just make sure u keep a checklist of all the things u want rectified, and also a copy to Willie. Most important thing about reno is not about trying to get everything 100% right the first time (which ID or contractor can do that?), but to be able to rectify most if not all the things in your list. Anything not happy just ask Willie to rectify till you song song, anyway u haven't paid him the final payment yet right? He should responsible enough to want to do a good job for all his customers, his business all comes from word of mouth, he didnt even have any presense in Renotalk until I started posting, so customer satisfaction is important to him.

Anyway, do provide more feedback on Willie and RFI here, so that I know whether to continue to recommend them to others or not.

Hehe... ya, i engage rooms for ideas as well! after getting the number from you, contacted Willie, and decided to engage him cos his price is one of the lowest and he seems like a very sincere person. =P