Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
martin1023

Ikea Furniture

I went Ikea Tampines and saw Ikea Furniture has quite long Guarentee for its worksmanship. 25 years for Kitchen and the rest 10 years. Anybody got any experience with Ikea? Good and bad are welcome.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi,

i didn't buy from ikea as there is installation price which range from 800-few thousand depend on your kitchen size this installation price is labelled at its price tag(smaller print) , if you compare with outside contractor price, ikea is more expensive... unless u wanted to assemble the cabinet yourself...:P

furthermore there is extra charges if you need to dismantle old cabinets, install pipeworks, hoods...etc...

I thought it would be good to avoid getting IKEA furniture made of compressed particle wood. Not sure if i got the term right but it is made of treated wood chips compressed under certain conditions to form a very strong wood like material. This material is often covered with wooden veneer to make it look 'good'. I bought a bedframe from IKEA with this kind of material. Part of the veneer started to peel at the edges after 3 months. Try to get furniture with real solid wood if you are buying from IKEA but remember to check on whether they are susceptible to pest attacks.