Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dilu

Roman Delicooker

Look very good and it's 4 rings. I cannot use it in my hdb loh.

By the way, it is using 32amps, so I need to get contractor to run wire that purely for my electric cooker. But shouldn't be any problem in Hdb, right?

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
By the way, it is using 32amps, so I need to get contractor to run wire that purely for my electric cooker. But shouldn't be any problem in Hdb, right?

Depends whether you are new or old hdb. For mine, the electrical loading is 30amps so running wire for 32amps will not be possible.

That's why I choose 2 rings by Romans cos it's only 18amps. The newer flats are 40amps then it's ok.

Depends whether you are new or old hdb. For mine, the electrical loading is 30amps so running wire for 32amps will not be possible.

That's why I choose 2 rings by Romans cos it's only 18amps. The newer flats are 40amps then it's ok.

Oh...mine is old flat but I checked with Hdb website stated already upgraded the electrical loading but didnt state the electrical loading.

Oh...mine is old flat but I checked with Hdb website stated already upgraded the electrical loading but didnt state the electrical loading.

Upgraded one is 40amps loh. So when you have your stove on, try not to on too many things too. :)

Upgraded one is 40amps loh. So when you have your stove on, try not to on too many things too. :)

Oh i see....luckily.

Ya, the salesgirl did advise to have at least 20cm allowances at the below but anyway, below will be just an empty cabinet for putting some wok/pot.

Oh i see....luckily.

Ya, the salesgirl did advise to have at least 20cm allowances at the below but anyway, below will be just an empty cabinet for putting some wok/pot.

Yup, lucky for u. :):D Or else you also don't know what to do with the hob. Hehe...

Aircon is about 8.5amps so when you are cooking, make sure water heater + aircon are not all on together. Or else sure above 40amps.

Yup, lucky for u. :):D Or else you also don't know what to do with the hob. Hehe...

Aircon is about 8.5amps so when you are cooking, make sure water heater + aircon are not all on together. Or else sure above 40amps.

I will be using city gas for my water heater, so should not hv problem. But for fridge, will be switch on 24hrs.

So what happen if it is abv 40amps?

I will be using city gas for my water heater, so should not hv problem. But for fridge, will be switch on 24hrs.

So what happen if it is abv 40amps?

I am going to use city gas too. Or else electrical loading will be too high.

If above 40amps, will have power trips. Always power trips not good for your electrical stuff.

I am going to use city gas too. Or else electrical loading will be too high.

If above 40amps, will have power trips. Always power trips not good for your electrical stuff.

I see...even if i just switch on 1 of the rings to small heat, also consume 32amps, right? If that the case, that will be headache... :(

Hi, any update on the Roman Delicooker?

Looks real gud coz can bbq, and heating food on multiple plates at the same time.. Save cost of buying microwave and bbq grill pan. I am sold, but my hubby said do homework first.. If anyone of u using now and gave give many more positive comments den can convince my hubby it is gud buy.

Hope to hear gud news fm those already using :D

Hi all,

For those who are contemplating to get a Delicooker, my piece of advice: please go for the traditional gas stove instead. it will save you lots of hassle and money too. If you want to get an electric stove, I suggest buying reputable brands from your normal best denki/courts/Harvey norman. This product isnt as fantastic as what the salesman claim.

I bought my delicooker HL400 set in mid 2012 at $1288 and encountered several problems since. In the initial year, we were only using it once a week because we hardly cook. After using it for a few months, we noticed that we were not able to clean off the stain marks on it, even with strong chemicals. We recalled that the salesman assuring us that the ceramic glass is sturdy enough and does not get marks easily. So we called in and the reply given to us is to a certain type of cleanser to get rid of the stain.

In early 2014 which is about 1.5 years after we installed the delicooker, we experienced lots of difficulty with the touch function of the delicooker. Despite our low usage, it seemed that it loses its sensitivity over time. Switching on and off was and still is a challenge! Reply given to us was to change the touch pad which cost $200. We found it to be ridiculous and decided to just bear with it in the interim.

Now which is July 2015 about three years, we are unable to switch on the cooker at all. Reply given by the service staff was that I’ve been using it for three years already and we should expect wear and tear. It is part and parcel of any electrical appliance. They mentioned that it is likely the “PC box” (not too sure what it is) which has spoilt and the replacement cost is expected to be $280.

Well, this is one of the purchases which I regret the most. With $1288, I could have easily bought 2-3 sets of gas stove. SIGH!

Hi all,

For those who are contemplating to get a Delicooker, my piece of advice: please go for the traditional gas stove instead. it will save you lots of hassle and money too. If you want to get an electric stove, I suggest buying reputable brands from your normal best denki/courts/Harvey norman. This product isnt as fantastic as what the salesman claim.

I bought my delicooker HL400 set in mid 2012 at $1288 and encountered several problems since. In the initial year, we were only using it once a week because we hardly cook. After using it for a few months, we noticed that we were not able to clean off the stain marks on it, even with strong chemicals. We recalled that the salesman assuring us that the ceramic glass is sturdy enough and does not get marks easily. So we called in and the reply given to us is to a certain type of cleanser to get rid of the stain.

In early 2014 which is about 1.5 years after we installed the delicooker, we experienced lots of difficulty with the touch function of the delicooker. Despite our low usage, it seemed that it loses its sensitivity over time. Switching on and off was and still is a challenge! Reply given to us was to change the touch pad which cost $200. We found it to be ridiculous and decided to just bear with it in the interim.

Now which is July 2015 about three years, we are unable to switch on the cooker at all. Reply given by the service staff was that I’ve been using it for three years already and we should expect wear and tear. It is part and parcel of any electrical appliance. They mentioned that it is likely the “PC box” (not too sure what it is) which has spoilt and the replacement cost is expected to be $280.

Well, this is one of the purchases which I regret the most. With $1288, I could have easily bought 2-3 sets of gas stove. SIGH!

hi bibien,

thank you for the feedback! i was also tempted to buy the cooker as it really look super easy and good to use as my new place do not have gas supply and have to think of using gas cylinder (which i think will be a hassle)

so exploring more possibilities.. roman delicooker was one of our choices..

hope to hear more review on this product..

anyone using any portable good induction product? =) care to share your review?