Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dinomommy

What To Look Out For When Searching For Painting Quotes?

Hello all

I just got my resale flat at bt batok 3A unit.

I would like to paint my ceiling, toilet, rooms kitchen and living room. Looking for painters to quote me but they ask questions that i also dunno how to answer..

Hope to seek advices here...

1. What kinda paint is good for ceiling and walls?

2. Which brands to use?

3. Normally, how many coats is enough?

4. What are some "hidden" costs?

TIA~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hello all

I just got my resale flat at bt batok 3A unit.

I would like to paint my ceiling, toilet, rooms kitchen and living room. Looking for painters to quote me but they ask questions that i also dunno how to answer..

Hope to seek advices here...

1. What kinda paint is good for ceiling and walls?

2. Which brands to use?

3. Normally, how many coats is enough?

4. What are some "hidden" costs?

TIA~

Hi,

Most importantly get the person to view your place and get the quote after that. Do highlight what are the areas like door and pvc piping etc. Usually the paint that you can choose will be either nippon or ici. However the price will be more steep. There are also some which do computerized mixing of paint to either nippon or ici color this will be more cost effective as compared to actual one. Also look at the types of colors that you can have for the whole house, like maximum 4 or 6 colors. Also the doors etc are additional charges to some. Standard are 2 coat of paints, some include undercoat. For ceiling commonly a lot of people use white matex emulsion paint. Hope this information helps a little as it was impart to me by my contractor when i did my reno :)