Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
berghill

System 4 Air Con To Be On?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

I got a noob question to ask.. Can I on all 4 air con at one time? Pls adivse.. I've been told to on only 3 of them..

Thank you

can, provided ur outdoor compressor can support.

My compressor is 28kbtu.. So how do I know whether it can support the air cons?? Pls enlighten me...

if ur individual FCU BTU add up dun exceed 28k, then shd be able to turn on, avoid turning on all if the sum of BTU exceeds the compressor, as the compressor will work 100% all the time. very siong.

Hi neubie,

may i ask u abt energy consumption for aircon? i installed a system 4 too...am considering to use the FAN mode in the aircon system instead of buying separate standing fans to save space n less maintainence :D. since it's running on a big compressor....would i be using a long more electricity in this case? any advice/comments are most welcome :)

thanks in advance ya!!

Hi neubie,

may i ask u abt energy consumption for aircon? i installed a system 4 too...am considering to use the FAN mode in the aircon system instead of buying separate standing fans to save space n less maintainence :D. since it's running on a big compressor....would i be using a long more electricity in this case? any advice/comments are most welcome :)

thanks in advance ya!!

setting to fan mode of the aircon does not turn on the compressor, but will suck in more dust as u would open ur windows/doors for air circulation. this translates to more frequent cleaning.

in this aspect, a floorstanding fan is much easier to clean compared to cleaning the FCU.

depending on usage and type of compressor used, it may or may not lead to power savings.

if ur a/c is those fixed-speed non-inverter type, there may be a bigger capacity and smaller capacity compressor.

the bigger one can cool bigger rooms or can be split into 2 smaller rooms while the smaller one cools only one room.

if ur aircon is configured such that u use 2 compressors to cool 2 rooms, then of cos u will expect higher bills.

however, if u are cooling 2 rooms with one compressor, u will save some.

usually inverter (DC variable-speed) models have a large compressor that connects to all the FCUs. so depending on the preset temperature, u save more when the temperature is set just 3 deg below ambient temp compared to 9 deg below ambient.....

frankly speaking, if u install aircon, even inverter ones, you will have to pay more for power liao... :D as the saying goes, 要享受要接受.... haaaaa

thanks so much for the info.

mine is Mits. electronic system 4 invertor model...R401 i think...

1) so, turning on the fan mode is still cheaper than turning on as 'aircon'? right?

2) as for cleaning, will servicing FCU more often help??? :P

3) hse is really small, n didnt instal the ceiling fan or wall mounted fans during renovation...so seriously considering fully utilitise the aircon but worry of shocking utility bill each month...haaa separate standing fans make the rooms look messy too... :)

thanks so much for the info.

mine is Mits. electronic system 4 invertor model...R401 i think...

1) so, turning on the fan mode is still cheaper than turning on as 'aircon'? right?

2) as for cleaning, will servicing FCU more often help??? :P

3) hse is really small, n didnt instal the ceiling fan or wall mounted fans during renovation...so seriously considering fully utilitise the aircon but worry of shocking utility bill each month...haaa separate standing fans make the rooms look messy too... :)

Chemical cleaning of fcu at best is 60% clean, can't expect 90% clean even with regular cleaning.