Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
donal5

Our First Home At Yishun (5i)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Maxwell207, sorry I did not have time to visit my house last nite. Yesterday was the first day of major hacking. I will be there tomorrow morning to discuss some stuff with my contractor. I will update later. How about you? When will you start your reno?

mine done up quite a few thing.. tile up done in both toilets.. some suggestion, double check the tile you bought where the size/color r correct.. my contractor made mistake on size :( ... after everything done up, its hard to change

mine done up quite a few thing.. tile up done in both toilets.. some suggestion, double check the tile you bought where the size/color r correct.. my contractor made mistake on size :( ... after everything done up, its hard to change

Hi Maxwell207, thanks for your advice. I will need to do daily check starting from tilings.

Until now, still hacking last room and walls still yet to be hacked. Hopefully today can settle.

Hi All, just got chance to update you my reno journey. It started on Feb 14, 2011. After 4 days of hacking, here are the photos.

Living room

living_room1.jpg

living_room2.jpg

Kitchen

kitchen1.jpg

Master bedroom

master_bedroom1.jpg

Doorway openings between master bedroom and bedroom3

master_bedroom2.jpg

yooo bro.. how is ur reno progress?

Hey bro... my reno up to now: new windows are up and wall tiles for kitchen and common bathroom are up. Nothing much other than that. Will post some pictures once more tiling works are done.

How's your leaking problem? Is it solved? Did your ID come to help you patch up on the crack yet?

Hey bro... my reno up to now: new windows are up and wall tiles for kitchen and common bathroom are up. Nothing much other than that. Will post some pictures once more tiling works are done.

How's your leaking problem? Is it solved? Did your ID come to help you patch up on the crack yet?

good to hear tt ur reno is progressing well..

my leaking and cracking problems all resolved for now... dunno when will they return... yesterday was a bit back to reno feeling when carpenter came back and install a full height by 3ft shoes cabinet... we regreted not doing it after the reno.. haha.. women will always need shoes cabinets.. so, better to get it done during reno, if not, very dusty...

Good... at least all problems rectified. I guess gotta used to having a house. Any thing can pop up any time. I am very happy with my window from Alex. So far tiling is moving, but I feel a bit slow. My contractor told me 2 weeks, maybe this is the standard time. Hopefully things will go smoothly.

Out of good will, I informed my landlord early that I will be moving out mid of April (more than 1 month notice), now they are kan ciong, asking me to allow ppl to come in and view. I thought since my deposit will be gone as I broke the contract of 1 year, they will ask ppl to come and view after I move out.

I guess not everyone is that nice. Sigh...

Hi Donal5,

Can I have your contractor's details? My new place's layout totally like yours... ;) Thanks!

Congrats in your house purchase and welcome to RT. I have PMed you the contact. All the best.

yooo donal, how's your reno progress? hope everything is smooth as planned... picutres pictures pictures!

hi steelze, reno is going quite smoothly, except some hiccups on painting and wood door from yontat. The wood door installation is delayed a few days as I forgot to ask them earlier to come and do the measurement.

Another coat will be painted over as the paint job is quite bad. This will be on Monday. Doors will come in on Thursday. Will post some pictures once the doors are up.

The wall without plastering is quite bad, especially for 2yrs apt. Since I already decided not to spend the extra 1.8k, there is nothing to complain about. I hope once the furniture is in, the uneven wall will not be too obvious.

How's your house? No more problems right? I guess it does not matter which best contractor or ID is doing the reno, there will be issues here and there. Sometimes issues on within our eyesight (like not even stuff) and sometimes issues arise when start using frequently (like your piping problems).

So far, I only notice a few minor eye catching issues. Others still dunno yet, need to move in and see.