Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
donal5

Our First Home At Yishun (5i)

hi steelze, reno is going quite smoothly, except some hiccups on painting and wood door from yontat. The wood door installation is delayed a few days as I forgot to ask them earlier to come and do the measurement.

Another coat will be painted over as the paint job is quite bad. This will be on Monday. Doors will come in on Thursday. Will post some pictures once the doors are up.

The wall without plastering is quite bad, especially for 2yrs apt. Since I already decided not to spend the extra 1.8k, there is nothing to complain about. I hope once the furniture is in, the uneven wall will not be too obvious.

How's your house? No more problems right? I guess it does not matter which best contractor or ID is doing the reno, there will be issues here and there. Sometimes issues on within our eyesight (like not even stuff) and sometimes issues arise when start using frequently (like your piping problems).

So far, I only notice a few minor eye catching issues. Others still dunno yet, need to move in and see.

haha... good to hear that things r going smooth on ur side.. =)

painting is always a problem for most of us... mine have to re-do like times.. haha...

yea, agreed.. i a bit regretted nvr plaster wall.. original hdb walls super cui... now wanna plaster also cannot liao.. very mafan... u still have a chance mah if u can... keke..

my house ok.. overall very satisifed le.. slowly adding more furnitures for my baby's room and some paintings...

excited to see ur new change! jiayou!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi All, sorry for not updating often as I did not take picture of the progress.

But, my reno so far is almost done. Just need some painting touch up and furniture delivery.

Here are some of the photos:

Main door:

maindoor.jpg

Living room

living1.jpg

Dining

dining.jpg

Kitchen

kitchen2.jpg

kitchen1-1.jpg

Master bedroom

mbed1.jpg

mbed2.jpg

Master bathroom

mbath.jpg

Common bathroom

common_bath.jpg

common_bath1.jpg

Will post more photos once the furniture are delivered. Sorry for the lousy photo quality :)

congrats! u r near to the finishing line.

i like your dining area lighting arrangement. will definitely copy you if i have the chance. hehe.

your wardrobe in common bedroom is purhcase one right? not carpentry built one right?

waaa,, i saw ur kitchen got 2 sets of bamboo hangers.. u so many clothes to dry ah? kekekee..

your kitchen cabinets, bathrooms and bedroom doors all very modern and nice... good choices that you have made there!

your window glass also very good looking like frosted glass. which tinted colour is that? how come i didnt see it from Alex's cateloge ah? i used light brown... boring colour..

when is curtain coming in? u managed to contact Alvis from Malaysia, JB?

Thanks steelze, almost done. I got lots of hangers as i have 4 ppl staying in the hse, sometimes maybe more. The doors are frm yontat, kind of make the hse looks like condo hahaha, my wife's choice. The windows are frosted white. About curtain, maybe later since my windows are alrdy frosted. I am thinking of getting from indonesia if we want later. Cheaper :)

All the wardrobe (master and common) are purchased, not built in, but we can choose the shelf design and door.

Today, furniture will come in. As of now only the shelf in storeroom came