Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

Overlay Existing Wall & Floor Tiles

I recently called for a quotation for my resale flat which I will be getting the keys next mth. Noticed that the desciption for my kitchen, bathroom wall tiles and bathroom floor tiles have this sentence ' To supply and overlay existing wall/floor tiles using adhesive method'. Am I right to say that the contractor is not going to hack anything and just 'paste' wall/floor tiles on the existing ones? Is this method better than the normal hacking and replacing? Is it safe? Will the tiles pop out after many years? Thanks.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi friends78,

better ask your contractor to check if your resale flat is currently having overlaid tiles or not, otherwise HDB wont approve, just like what i encounter. Overlay of tiles is to save cost, and of course, in the long run, problems will surface. its better to hack out old tiles and relay new tiles. thats what my contractor advised me. have you confirmed your contractor? if you want contact of mine, you can PM me. I've got quite a reasonable quotation. :)

I recently called for a quotation for my resale flat which I will be getting the keys next mth. Noticed that the desciption for my kitchen, bathroom wall tiles and bathroom floor tiles have this sentence ' To supply and overlay existing wall/floor tiles using adhesive method'. Am I right to say that the contractor is not going to hack anything and just 'paste' wall/floor tiles on the existing ones? Is this method better than the normal hacking and replacing? Is it safe? Will the tiles pop out after many years? Thanks.....

Hi friends78,

better ask your contractor to check if your resale flat is currently having overlaid tiles or not, otherwise HDB wont approve, just like what i encounter. Overlay of tiles is to save cost, and of course, in the long run, problems will surface. its better to hack out old tiles and relay new tiles. thats what my contractor advised me. have you confirmed your contractor? if you want contact of mine, you can PM me. I've got quite a reasonable quotation. :)

Thanks. I haven't confirmed quote, just sourcing as I have yet to get the keys. Currently waiting for my 2nd Appt, 2 more weeks to go. Can pm your quote to me? Sigh... I hate renovation cos of the need to make decision... I see that my quote is mostly overlay and overlay...

Edited by friends78

Thanks. I haven't confirmed quote, just sourcing as I have yet to get the keys. Currently waiting for my 2nd Appt, 2 more weeks to go. Can pm your quote to me? Sigh... I hate renovation cos of the need to make decision... I see that my quote is mostly overlay and overlay...

hi,

have pm-ed you.