Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
amyznl

Seller Can't Sell House & Did Not Refund The Deposit

Hi help help...

Seller can't sell the house due to HDB regulation.. According to seller agent he did necessary checks but this scenario whether it's divorce n they didn't meet MOP thus HDB reposing the house..

Now seller agent playing tai chi when asking for the $5k deposit, say he don't want to get involve ..

Can I sue seller n agent for this?? What is the chances of winning?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi help help...

Seller can't sell the house due to HDB regulation.. According to seller agent he did necessary checks but this scenario whether it's divorce n they didn't meet MOP thus HDB reposing the house..

Now seller agent playing tai chi when asking for the $5k deposit, say he don't want to get involve ..

is the OTP form exercised & signed by both parties? if yes, i tink u can escalate to hdb and engage a lawyer to settle for u. if not wrong, for divorce cases within MOP, HDB will allow the sale of flat as exception.

Hi help help...

I think that the seller agent never do his due checks and he lacks knowledge about HDB regulations.

All of my 10 divorcee friends had to wait for 5-years MOP to be met before they were allowed to sell their HDBs in the resale market. If they want to dispose HDBs in less than 5 years, they can only sell their HDBs back to HDB Board at a loss.

Edited by forgotten

Yes OTP was signed by both buyer n seller.. HDB say can't sell in open market need to repossed the flats.. Then ex wife go n buy private properties within the MOP..

I wanna sue seller n seller agent for not doing diliquent check..

But I want to know what is the claims I can sue on n will b on my favour?

If they want to dispose HDBs in less than 5 years, they can only sell their HDBs back to HDB Board at a loss.

Not at a loss. HDB will buy back at the same price that HDB sold the flat to the couple.

Unless the couple bought resale flat, den there will be a possible loss, depending on how much they paid for the flat.

Hi help help...

What i would do.

1. Lodge this with CEA. Go personally to CEA at Toa Payoh. Weed out these type of agents....

2. Then go to HDB file the official complaint of seller walking away with your 5K deposit...

3. Then go Lawyer's office and issue the lawyer's letter to the seller

If still no response, go to the unit and bang door..... Btw, have they en-cash your cheque?

Making a Complain

You may lodge your complaint to CEA in the following ways:

a) In Writing

You may download a copy of the Complaint Form and send the completed form together with the relevant supporting documents to us at:

The Executive Director

Council for Estate Agencies

Licensing and Investigations Dept

490 Lorong 6, Toa Payoh

#05-10, HDB Hub Biz 3 (Lift Lobby 1)

Singapore 310490

Email: feedback@cea.gov.sg

Fax: 6643 2575

b) In Person

You may also lodge your complaint in person at our office during our operation hours.

Operation Hours

Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm

Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays Closed

c) By Telephone

You may call our toll-free hotline at 1800 643 2555. Your call will be attended to by our Customer Service Officer during operation hours. If the line is busy or your call is made outside office hours, please leave your name, contact number and message in our voicemail system and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Operation Hours

d) By Email

You may also email your feedback or enquiry to us at feedback@cea.gov.sg.

What information is required for your Complaint

It is important that you let us have your full name (as in NRIC / Passport), address and contact number. Please provide us with copies of all relevant documents such as the Estate Agency Agreement with the estate agent or salesperson concerned, the Option to Purchase and the Sale and Purchase Agreement, etc.

Your complaint must:-

* Be specific

* Include the name, business address and contact numbers of the estate agent or salesperson

* Contain a brief description of the complaint

* Explain clearly what you hope to be rectified

Please note that we may inform the estate agent or salesperson being investigated on the complaint details as well as the name of the complainant.

If you wish to remain anonymous, CEA will treat the information you have supplied as a feedback and may not handle your case as a complaint.

Complaints Handling

Preliminary Assessment

CEA will make a preliminary assessment of the complaint received. If your complaint falls within our jurisdiction and warrants an investigation, your complaint will be assigned to an Investigation Officer.

Interview

The Investigation Officer will arrange for a meeting with you at CEA's office to obtain a statement detailing your account of the events.

Investigation

Our investigation process may involve setting out the allegations made against the estate agent/salesperson concerned in writing and giving them the opportunity to respond, as well as conducting interviews with witnesses and other related parties, review of relevant documents and materials, and conducting site visit, if necessary.

We may also enlist the help of law enforcement agencies and other government authorities, where necessary.

Outcome

If there is sufficient evidence to substantiate the allegation, CEA will take the appropriate action including disciplinary or prosecution action

After completing the investigation and taking the appropriate action, you will be notified in writing of the outcome.

Dispute Resolution Schemes

In addition to making a complaint against the estate agent/salesperson concerned, the consumer may also opt to avail of the CEA's Dispute Resolution Schemes, if the disputes cannot be resolved with the estate agent/salesperson concerned.

More details on the Dispute Resolution Schemes will be available in 1Q2011.

Making a Complain

You may lodge your complaint to CEA in the following ways:

a) In Writing

You may download a copy of the Complaint Form and send the completed form together with the relevant supporting documents to us at:

The Executive Director

Council for Estate Agencies

Licensing and Investigations Dept

490 Lorong 6, Toa Payoh

#05-10, HDB Hub Biz 3 (Lift Lobby 1)

Singapore 310490

Email: feedback@cea.gov.sg

Fax: 6643 2575

b) In Person

You may also lodge your complaint in person at our office during our operation hours.

Operation Hours

c) By Telephone

You may call our toll-free hotline at 1800 643 2555. Your call will be attended to by our Customer Service Officer during operation hours. If the line is busy or your call is made outside office hours, please leave your name, contact number and message in our voicemail system and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Operation Hours

d) By Email

You may also email your feedback or enquiry to us at feedback@cea.gov.sg.

What information is required for your Complaint

It is important that you let us have your full name (as in NRIC / Passport), address and contact number. Please provide us with copies of all relevant documents such as the Estate Agency Agreement with the estate agent or salesperson concerned, the Option to Purchase and the Sale and Purchase Agreement, etc.

Your complaint must:-

* Be specific

* Include the name, business address and contact numbers of the estate agent or salesperson

* Contain a brief description of the complaint

* Explain clearly what you hope to be rectified

Please note that we may inform the estate agent or salesperson being investigated on the complaint details as well as the name of the complainant.

If you wish to remain anonymous, CEA will treat the information you have supplied as a feedback and may not handle your case as a complaint.

Complaints Handling

Preliminary Assessment

CEA will make a preliminary assessment of the complaint received. If your complaint falls within our jurisdiction and warrants an investigation, your complaint will be assigned to an Investigation Officer.

Interview

The Investigation Officer will arrange for a meeting with you at CEA's office to obtain a statement detailing your account of the events.

Investigation

Our investigation process may involve setting out the allegations made against the estate agent/salesperson concerned in writing and giving them the opportunity to respond, as well as conducting interviews with witnesses and other related parties, review of relevant documents and materials, and conducting site visit, if necessary.

We may also enlist the help of law enforcement agencies and other government authorities, where necessary.

Outcome

If there is sufficient evidence to substantiate the allegation, CEA will take the appropriate action including disciplinary or prosecution action

After completing the investigation and taking the appropriate action, you will be notified in writing of the outcome.

Dispute Resolution Schemes

In addition to making a complaint against the estate agent/salesperson concerned, the consumer may also opt to avail of the CEA's Dispute Resolution Schemes, if the disputes cannot be resolved with the estate agent/salesperson concerned.

More details on the Dispute Resolution Schemes will be available in 1Q2011.

Hi hi, this has Been very helpful info....

Thanks I will indeed make a complAin against the agent, that is a must.. So irresponsible fella

What i would do.

1. Lodge this with CEA. Go personally to CEA at Toa Payoh. Weed out these type of agents....

2. Then go to HDB file the official complaint of seller walking away with your 5K deposit...

3. Then go Lawyer's office and issue the lawyer's letter to the seller

If still no response, go to the unit and bang door..... Btw, have they en-cash your cheque?

Seller managed to give me back my funds after much persuasion ... I keep asking my agent to call him every single day..and thefunny thing is thAt my agent is the one liaseing with the seller.. Seller agent MIA.. Not bother to get involve.. ****!

Seller managed to give me back my funds after much persuasion ... I keep asking my agent to call him every single day..and thefunny thing is thAt my agent is the one liaseing with the seller.. Seller agent MIA.. Not bother to get involve.. ****!

Even though you got your money back after all the trouble, you should still lodge a complaint against the seller agent.

His conduct: lack of knowledge, lack of professionalism to do the proper checks, has to be penalised!

Please, do it, for the sake of the buyers' community! This agent cannot go scot free for what he has done!

Edited by pepamint_L

Even though you got your money back after all the trouble, you should still lodge a complaint against the seller agent.

His conduct: lack of knowledge, lack of professionalism to do the proper checks, has to be penalised!

Please, do it, for the sake of the buyers' community! This agent cannot go scot free for what he has done!

I will definitely do a complain on the seller agent as he without a doubt have failed to do a delinquent check n just walk away once trouble set it.... He's too much.. Watch out him!