Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hipsquare2

Osfosf - Our Search For Our Sofa

Hi hi,

We have read this forum for a long long time and finally it is our turn to post and share our experience. :)

We have gone to several several IDs, still waiting for some to get back to us, so will feedback on that later.

Our first search is on our sofa, as this is going to be the area where we nua the most and one of the key items in our living room, we gave this our first priority. Budget originally was from 2-3k.

Firstly, we are more of a fabric fan, so didn't look much at the leather selections.

To select, we looked at the following:

- The build (example, try to feel the armrest, if you can feel the sharp edges of the wood inside)

- The cushions (if it is one piece or multiple piece. if the cushion cover can be removed and washed or replaced)

- The dimensions (to fit our pretty wide living room area)

- The fabric selections (some had anti spill chemicals... not sure if it works)

- Type of cushion interior (Foam, High Density foam, pocketed spring, down feather)

- Down is usually softer, but cushion may lose its shape. So have to fluff it back to shape.

- Foam and spring are firmer, but over time, it may lose its firmness.

- Last and most importanlty, the company reputation (some companies have so many threads posted here... very scary...)

Just to share our feedback of the different brands we went to.

(Disclaimer: This is our personal opinion, so different people would surely have different experience. No offense to any parties)

Furniture Club - Different place had very different prices (Difference by 1.5K!). IMM was the cheapest for the one we were interested in. Service was so so. Price range about 3k and above. But from the many posts, reputation is scary.

Lorenzo - Few Fabric selections... mostly leather (Warranty Structure 10 years!)

OM - CNY promotion 15% discount.furniture is not bad. design. Very friendly service. (Warranty Structure: 1 year) 2.6 metre L shape: $1499. Cheap! :rolleyes:

Lorgan - Very cool shop with lots of retro stuffs. Very nice retro sofas but ex for the size.

Cellini - Common designs, nothing fantastic.

Living Solution at expo - unheard of. 2.7m L-shape sofa $1900

Kuka (Montella) at expo - not bad... Sofa with down feathers.

Inch at expo - Nothing fantastic. Sofa cushion shown are very hard.

Massimmo - CNY promotion: 25% discount. Service was very good, design is good and can customize almost everything including cushion foam hardness. However, the display shown is limited, so if customize, it is very hard to feel and imagine. Only con is the price is ex. roughly about 3k+ Warranty Structure: 3 years. Fabric is from Belgium. Any comments on their sofa quality?

We are thinking to budget more for sofa and get from a better brand like Massimmo, get the peace of mind for the quality of sofa you are getting. Instead of getting a cheaper one, end up getting all frustrated worrying about the delivery, change in customization, etc.

This is our thoughts. Feel free to comment.

Cheers!

:D

Edited by hipsquare2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How about fabric sofa from Hommage?

Anyone have any comments? =)

Hi hi,

We have read this forum for a long long time and finally it is our turn to post and share our experience. :)

We have gone to several several IDs, still waiting for some to get back to us, so will feedback on that later.

Our first search is on our sofa, as this is going to be the area where we nua the most and one of the key items in our living room, we gave this our first priority. Budget originally was from 2-3k.

Firstly, we are more of a fabric fan, so didn't look much at the leather selections.

To select, we looked at the following:

- The build (example, try to feel the armrest, if you can feel the sharp edges of the wood inside)

- The cushions (if it is one piece or multiple piece. if the cushion cover can be removed and washed or replaced)

- The dimensions (to fit our pretty wide living room area)

- The fabric selections (some had anti spill chemicals... not sure if it works)

- Type of cushion interior (Foam, High Density foam, pocketed spring, down feather)

- Down is usually softer, but cushion may lose its shape. So have to fluff it back to shape.

- Foam and spring are firmer, but over time, it may lose its firmness.

- Last and most importanlty, the company reputation (some companies have so many threads posted here... very scary...)

Just to share our feedback of the different brands we went to.

(Disclaimer: This is our personal opinion, so different people would surely have different experience. No offense to any parties)

Furniture Club - Different place had very different prices (Difference by 1.5K!). IMM was the cheapest for the one we were interested in. Service was so so. Price range about 3k and above. But from the many posts, reputation is scary.

Lorenzo - Few Fabric selections... mostly leather (Warranty Structure 10 years!)

OM - CNY promotion 15% discount.furniture is not bad. design. Very friendly service. (Warranty Structure: 1 year) 2.6 metre L shape: $1499. Cheap! :rolleyes:

Lorgan - Very cool shop with lots of retro stuffs. Very nice retro sofas but ex for the size.

Cellini - Common designs, nothing fantastic.

Living Solution at expo - unheard of. 2.7m L-shape sofa $1900

Kuka (Montella) at expo - not bad... Sofa with down feathers.

Inch at expo - Nothing fantastic. Sofa cushion shown are very hard.

Massimmo - CNY promotion: 25% discount. Service was very good, design is good and can customize almost everything including cushion foam hardness. However, the display shown is limited, so if customize, it is very hard to feel and imagine. Only con is the price is ex. roughly about 3k+ Warranty Structure: 3 years. Fabric is from Belgium. Any comments on their sofa quality?

We are thinking to budget more for sofa and get from a better brand like Massimmo, get the peace of mind for the quality of sofa you are getting. Instead of getting a cheaper one, end up getting all frustrated worrying about the delivery, change in customization, etc.

This is our thoughts. Feel free to comment.

Cheers!

:D

Went to Hommage too...

But not much are displayed... and you got to choose from catalogue.

Not sure for the rest, but is very hard for me to visualise without seeing the actual set...

My two cents...

Oh ya... just fyi we finally decided on Massimmo.. . ex... but we feel is worth spending... :)

How about fabric sofa from Hommage?

Anyone have any comments? =)

Edited by hipsquare2

I spent $7k for a 3+2 sofa few years back.

Still in good condition. Only need to get professional service to do cleanup twice a year.

I am not an expert in sofa, but i believe cheap or heavy discounts may not last a long time

To add-on on my experiences on whether it is a good sofa from customer view:

a) since i stated i m no good in sofa materials, i rely on good brand names.

b) if you invite guests to come to your place and even children refuse to give up sofa seats to others, then you know that it is a good sofa.

c) i've bought other cheap sofas before, you will realised that no one like to sit or rest on the sofas for long time.

Edited by kalimantan