Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countblessings

Cement Screed First Or Door Frames First

Could anyone advise me, please?

I am renovating my house, an old executive condo, bought recently. I would change my 3 bedroom doors and their frames. I would also change my main entrance, fire-proof door and the frame. The floor has already been hacked. I would have marble flooring for the living n dining rooms. The marble is not laid yet. I am keeping the parquet flooring in the 3 bedrooms.

What I am very worried about is this:

1) Should the door frames be installed first, then lay the cement screed on the floor in the living and dining rooms? The marble slaps will later be laid on the cement screed.

2)Or should the cement screed be laid first, then install the door frames?

Could you please advise me? What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking option 1 or 2?

I will appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

usually the screeding should be done first, and then the finishes (your marble tiles) applied onto it.

if u're changing all doors, then the qn is whether the house can function without the doors during construction! u mentioned changing the front door as well as room doors!

i would leave installing the doors till after the floor finishes are in; the main door/fire door can be left in, while the finishes are applied, so u can at least lock ur unit i guess!..unless u are comfortable just locking your gate!

floor finishes can negotiate around the main door/frames without much problems.

hope this helps..:)

cheers

m.

I am renovating my house, an old executive condo, bought recently. I would change my 3 bedroom doors and their frames. I would also change my main entrance, fire-proof door and the frame. The floor has already been hacked. I would have marble flooring for the living n dining rooms. The marble is not laid yet. I am keeping the parquet flooring in the 3 bedrooms.

1) Should the door frames be installed first, then lay the cement screed on the floor in the living and dining rooms? The marble slaps will later be laid on the cement screed.

Could you please advise me? What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking option 1 or 2?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Hacking on old flooring, dismantling doors & frames.

Set up raw door frames (pre-made in factory)with support of some wood (horizontal & verticle). Lay marbles, so bottom of door frame embed firmly within marble slabs.

Can do otherwise, but length of verticle frames must be ensured to fit the height(sit on marble) - usually ppl make the length slightly longer & knock "force in"- you know...wall (top of door) may crack after some time due to mechanical stress differences over the area.

Edited by bepgof