Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
genesis

Combo Or Spilt -washer Dryer

I'm yet to decide whether to get a combo or seperate it. My Dryer had dead for few months , I've not have any issue until recently because of the weather. althought now the sun pop up more offen but I think I'd still need a dryer in case of Raining day. I was told by Saleman that any combo model would have the same problem on dryer, which it not 100% dry, is this true? Our laundry are fully load per wash in most cases . Anyone care to share which model to look for energy efficiency and good price? Also any Combo model to recommend?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If the combo washer is 8kg, the combo dryer would only be half the load which is 4kg. So it depends whether the half load for dryer is sufficient for your needs.

I'm yet to decide whether to get a combo or seperate it. My Dryer had dead for few months , I've not have any issue until recently because of the weather. althought now the sun pop up more offen but I think I'd still need a dryer in case of Raining day. I was told by Saleman that any combo model would have the same problem on dryer, which it not 100% dry, is this true? Our laundry are fully load per wash in most cases . Anyone care to share which model to look for energy efficiency and good price? Also any Combo model to recommend?

If the combo washer is 8kg, the combo dryer would only be half the load which is 4kg. So it depends whether the half load for dryer is sufficient for your needs.

For Dryer, we perfer 5kg . We often use the dryer to (kill) sanitize bacteria for our comforter, quilt cover and etc, which is heaviler to hang outside. I saw Counts and Gaincity selling Electrolux EWW1273 which has 7kg washer and 5 Kg Dryer, I wonder whether it's really able to cope with 5kg drying as I saw some webpage from AU only mentioned 3.5kg drying.

LG has a model 1210rdsu where is capable to handle 12kg wash and 7kg drying , the features look great also but I don't like the price. also I'm not sure whether it is reliable and durable. Anyone can share or feedback on Samsung and LG ?

it will be better to get separate machine, cause if get combo, one spoilt means 2 functions cannot be used.

Yup, no doubt about this. In our case, our dryer last for almost 10 yr and washer about 8 yr, the main reason I guess is we used the washer very often then the dryer. However, I'll be gald if the combo set can last for 5yr and above, that is worth our $$$ :D

Oh ya, the sales person also said that it take longer time and not 100% dry for combo model. If this really the case then I'd rather spilt it.

Anyone has any recommendation for dryer (7kg) with energy efficiency and product price below $700?

It depends on what's yr load, if it's rated full load of course it'll not be dry. (85-90%)

If half the rated load then it'll be more dry. (95-99%)

Also depending on wat type of load, eg jeans will not be dry la..... :)

If those T shirt then it'll be dry... :)

Hope this helps

:drunk: cheers pal

Thks , this help. Look like a seperate dryer is more suitable for us.