Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seacube

Date Of Commencement And Completion

Hi All,

I like to find out if it is a common practice for IDs to leave out the date of commencement and completion in the contract? Will a verbal agreement be honoured usually? And if I have just signed a contract, is there a period where I can still change my mind and terminate the contract? I am concerned because I just signed a contract with an ID today but there is no dates of commencement and completion stated at all. When I asked him to include the dates, he said that it is not the company's practice to do it. Anyone has any stories to share?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

I like to find out if it is a common practice for IDs to leave out the date of commencement and completion in the contract? Will a verbal agreement be honoured usually? And if I have just signed a contract, is there a period where I can still change my mind and terminate the contract? I am concerned because I just signed a contract with an ID today but there is no dates of commencement and completion stated at all. When I asked him to include the dates, he said that it is not the company's practice to do it. Anyone has any stories to share?

If no date, they can start next year n complete after 5 years, you will not be able to sue them.

it's safe to ask for schedule plan before signing contract, any delaying of work should notify/update the owner in email form so that everybody have a mutual understanding on why the reason of work being postpond & delay,

and is convenient the owner to plan to postpone the rest of the delivery or moving in.

To successful to complete a house renovation, id contractor & owner both play a very important part,

if any party fail to coorporate + compromising with alot of tolerant, then the renovation is going to be a terrible one.

My advise to house owner, try to reserve atless one-two weeks after the schedule plan

your id contractor provide, for any of the unexpected consiquences.

PS: you & your id contractor are both just human, both will make mistake one.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Thats' what I thought also, but I signed already how?

Does that mean I am at their mercy already? First time signing such a contract and I made this mistake.

If no date, they can start next year n complete after 5 years, you will not be able to sue them.

Thats' what I thought also, but I signed already how?

Does that mean I am at their mercy already? First time signing such a contract and I made this mistake.

Hi seacube, if the company you signed are providing sincere service, they will follow instruction

given by you, but if they are just a hit & run company, even you ask for Moon before signing with them,

they will still give you stone after signing it... just do the rest of the thing in legal way will do,

if you find them playing game with you, you can pm me for advise, i'll help.

Hey man, thanks so much for offering to help. Maybe I am just pessimistic, maybe they will really start asap and end according to verbally agreed deadline. I will talk to the contractor again and ask him about the timeline.

Hi seacube, if the company you signed are providing sincere service, they will follow instruction

given by you, but if they are just a hit & run company, even you ask for Moon before signing with them,

they will still give you stone after signing it... just do the rest of the thing in legal way will do,

if you find them playing game with you, you can pm me for advise, i'll help.

Hey man, thanks so much for offering to help. Maybe I am just pessimistic, maybe they will really start asap and end according to verbally agreed deadline. I will talk to the contractor again and ask him about the timeline.

:good: