Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sheepz

Minimalist Home

The kitchen:

P1070374.jpg

A simple kitchen.

We fitted the whole kitchen with Blum system and it does makes a lot of difference with those cabinet without. They are quiet when closing compared to the other cabinet doors I have in the house. I'm going to get the ID back again to replace all of those with blum as well. :D

I always wanted to get a red SMEG retro fridge, but the ID suggested that after awhile we will get tired of the colour in the kitchen. :(

smeg-flueless-gas-fire-50s-retro.jpg

And look at all these colourful smeg Hob. :dribble: :dribble: Then again after research and feedback from my friend who lives in Hongkong that has the hob in their apartment said that its not suitable for Asian cooking. In the end, we forgo the colourful smeg hob and got normal, stainless steel hob from Fujitoh :(

p_milan-smeg_1630627c.jpg

We did our common toilet the same as our MBR toilet.

P1070249.jpg

I love the tiles as they dry up very quickly.

6.jpg

Edited by sheepz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Moving on to my MBR.

After shifting out the vanity into the MBR, the usable space become smaller for the MBR. As such, in order for us to use every available space, we got the ID to construct storage space in the bed headboard. I always hate having headboard, it has no function at all just collect dust on the fabric.

P1070361.jpg

We saw this wonderful pullout headboard design from Ikea. We know Ikea has great design but their furniture won't last long.

80109421_250.jpg

After getting the ID down to ikea and have a look, he modified the design and gave us pull-out drawers instead of pulling out the whole unit.

IMG_0238.jpg

P1070262.jpg

We also changed the initial proposal of a walk-in wardrobe at the vanity area to a divider. This allowed wind and sunlight from the only small window in the room to come into our bedroom.

P1070360.jpg

Edited by sheepz

To make it a even cozy feel at night, we got a cloth light which has three mode to choose from partial day-lighting, full day-lighting to warm light. And not forgetting it comes with remote control!!! :yeah:

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

The vanity area.

P1070363.jpg

We got the ID to construct a storage area behind the mirror, to store all our things.

P1070266.jpg

And here is my miserable MBR toilet:

P1070263.jpg

Edited by sheepz

5.jpg

For our bedroom, because the toilet is so small, we have no choice but to have a vanity outside the toilet. Initially, it was a walk-in wadrobe but I felt that the wadrobe going to block the light & wind from the one only window in the bedroom. The theme for the bedroom is going to be cozy.

nice! i'm doing this for our master bedroom as well. is your bed queen or king size? we want a king sized bed and contractor says there is not enough space to fit the wardrobe and suggests to hack the storeroom. but i want my storeroom! sigh.

nice! i'm doing this for our master bedroom as well. is your bed queen or king size? we want a king sized bed and contractor says there is not enough space to fit the wardrobe and suggests to hack the storeroom. but i want my storeroom! sigh.

Ours is a queen-size bed. I don't think it can fit a king. The walking space is just enough for one. I think you have to think about next time when you or your wife is pregnant, it will be very difficult to get out from bed.

This is what I have left with a queen-size bed:

P1070420.jpg

The walk space between the bed & divider

P1070419.jpg

The walk space between the bed & wardrobe

Yeah, having a storeroom is important!! Don't hack away. :no: Anyway queen-size bed is comfortable enough. :thumbs up:

Edited by sheepz

Ours is a queen-size bed. I don't think it can fit a king. The walking space is just enough for one. I think you have to think about next time when you or your wife is pregnant, it will be very difficult to get out from bed.

Yeah, having a storeroom is important!! Don't hack away. :no: Anyway queen-size bed is comfortable enough. :thumbs up:

me and husband to be are actually quite small sized but my current queen size bed doesn't seem to be spacious enough. mostly cos he takes up so much space (like sleeping in the middle of the bed lol) and as a result i don't get good sleep. so king size it'll have to be (yea we are spoilt tat way hee) and maybe it will come in handy when babies grow to being toddlers and want to snuggle together once in a while.

we've not really calculated the space but I am hoping it might be feasible still because your bedroom is 4.1m in length and ours is a little big longer at 4.8m. *fingers crossed*

oops. just saw your pics. thank you so much!

ok... now i have to think twice cos the walking space is really small!

such a dilemma...

if i give up the idea of shifting the sink out, my bathroom will be too cramped.

if i give up the idea of having a wardrobe in the master bedroom (which was our initial plan but everyone rightfully reminded us it will be most inconvenient in future), the walking space will be too small

if i give up the storeroom, i know i will regret (where to keep luggage bags and ironing board?)

seems like the easiest solution is to buy a queen size bed instead.

not sure if i can live with that though.

wahahaha...

oops. just saw your pics. thank you so much!

ok... now i have to think twice cos the walking space is really small!

such a dilemma...

if i give up the idea of shifting the sink out, my bathroom will be too cramped.

if i give up the idea of having a wardrobe in the master bedroom (which was our initial plan but everyone rightfully reminded us it will be most inconvenient in future), the walking space will be too small

if i give up the storeroom, i know i will regret (where to keep luggage bags and ironing board?)

seems like the easiest solution is to buy a queen size bed instead.

not sure if i can live with that though.

wahahaha...

:D , same for us. My husband says that I keep kicking in bed. :rofl: I claim that he is invading my space. Well, I guess have to do some sacrifice for the lack of space.

:D , same for us. My husband says that I keep kicking in bed. :rofl: I claim that he is invading my space. Well, I guess have to do some sacrifice for the lack of space.

hahaha such a cute couple you 2 are!

Our last area of the house - Study cum entertainment area. We decide to keep the renovation in this room minimal (just constructing a tv console cabinet) so that it gives us a flexibility to convert this room to a play room when we have our kids.

P1070393.jpg

One side is the entertainment area. I'm going to get the ID back to construct a TV console cabinet. I really can't stand the piling up of wires, scv boxes & gaming console on the floor.

Another functional piece of furniture from BoConcept. Actually, we love to shop in BoConcept as they have quite alot of functional furniture and the prices are quite reasonable.

I like to call it 3-in-1 sofa bed :dancingqueen: :

index.jpg

Its a Sofa

MEL-S-F-BS-6070-0215-K.jpg

Its a lounge chair

MEL-S-F-BS-6070-0215-D.jpg

And, its a bed!!!

Edited by sheepz

P1070394.jpg

The other side is the study area.

Not forgetting the most pricey piece of furniture in the house, my husband ultimate dream chair - Herman Miller Aeron!!!! :bow: It is the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in NYC. :paint:

img2292es2.jpg

Edited by sheepz

Hi lazybum9, the total damage is $44k!

Hi Sheepz,

I just started planning my hdb 4room flat reno and is currently looking for an ID too. I really like your place design. Is it possible to PM me the details of your $44k renovation. So far how is your ID? Can you also give me the contacts as I would like to try them too.

Cheers

Vkool

Another functional piece of furniture from BoConcept. Actually, we love to shop in BoConcept as they have quite alot of functional furniture and the prices are quite reasonable.

I like to call it 3-in-1 sofa bed :dancingqueen: :

index.jpg

Its a Sofa

MEL-S-F-BS-6070-0215-K.jpg

Its a lounge chair

MEL-S-F-BS-6070-0215-D.jpg

And, its a bed!!!

cool sofa bed...how much is the damage???