Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Drexter

Rain Shower

Hi,

Is it a must to get the storage heater for rain shower? Can I get instant heater for rain shower?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi pal,

The pressure for e instant heater will not b strong enough for the rain shower. :)

Even if the water pressure is strong enough, e water will not be hot enough, as the water will pass through the heating element inside the small tank/container too fast, b4 e water can get hot, e water already flow out. :o

Hope this helps;)

:drunk: pal

Thanks for your reply. So only way for rain shower is to get storage heater? No other choice? As I know storage heater consume more electricity

drexter, i am considering installing storage heater in master bedroom toilet for rain shower and instant heater in common toilet. and we'll use the rain shower only a few times each week for the 'luxury' feel but use the instant heater for morning showers (faster heating and save electricity)

sounds really inconvenient i know but guess it's the best of both worlds.

drexter, i am considering installing storage heater in master bedroom toilet for rain shower and instant heater in common toilet. and we'll use the rain shower only a few times each week for the 'luxury' feel but use the instant heater for morning showers (faster heating and save electricity)

sounds really inconvenient i know but guess it's the best of both worlds.

For us, we cant. As it is quite inconvenient for us to use the common toilet for daily showers. I would probably install the storage tank in the common toilet so that it looks better in the master toilet. :)

U're welcome pal,

Yup, only storage will be strong enough.

Choose a smaller tank, will use lesser time to boil, save $$. ;)

Bigger tank use longer time to boil. Waste $$. :(

Turn on when need to use n turn off when not using. :)

Should not cost alot, but will still enjoy the comfort of hot water n rain shower effect. ;)

Hope this helps

:drunk: pal

Haha.. Hope so. No experience with storage heater... :)

For us, we cant. As it is quite inconvenient for us to use the common toilet for daily showers. I would probably install the storage tank in the common toilet so that it looks better in the master toilet. :)

yep, it's really inconvenient.

hope your toilets are next to each other (not like mine at 2 different ends of the house) otherwise i think the water will lose a little of its heat by the time it travels to the master toilet?

yep, it's really inconvenient.

hope your toilets are next to each other (not like mine at 2 different ends of the house) otherwise i think the water will lose a little of its heat by the time it travels to the master toilet?

Yup, mine is next to each other

Yup, mine is next to each other

Hansgrohe has one raindance XL shower head which have the bar that goes all d way up to d top.

U can then pluck it on to do rainshower or hand held for normal use

Rainshower set usually comes with MIXER, in ur case Instant heater dun need mixer.

So I dunnw Hw u r going to pump water straight to the rainshower.

Gd luck

Hi,

Is it a must to get the storage heater for rain shower? Can I get instant heater for rain shower?

I remembered reading one of the threads saying instant water heaters are not meant to be used with rain showers. Some forumer's heater broke and the store salesperson told them it will not work due to that circumstance and there was some argument. Do a search, you will be able to find that thread.

Water storage heaters act as a tank holding water. So if it placed above your shower area, the water pressure will be better as compared getting directly from the source. For my place, I am having two storage heaters built in for each bathroom. I bought a 50l Joven for the mbr.( I know a lot of people think this is excessive, but with my rain shower head at 350 by 350, and a wife who loves to have a very long hot, steamy shower (literally, no other innuendos meant here), I think it is necessary.

The other bathroom which is going to be under utilized at the moment for our pets, before our kid arrives will be sufficient. Again why two heaters, the convenience of having to go daily out of the room to turn the heater on is going to be a drag especially when we just wake. And the chances of forgetting to turn it off will be high. Age is creeping up fast with me and my wife thinks I already have dementia. She always gives me all her gingko nuts in her soup. I have a memory comparable with a goldfish. And also because my bathrooms are not located back to back, plumbing and concealing was going to be an issue, aesthetically and cost wise.

Last and not least, storage heaters are proven to have long lifespans and they have long warranties to give you a peace of mind. Price wise, to me, I think it is very fair. It is not expensive. If you want to know where to get the heater at a cheaper price, PM me and I will let you know.

PS Use a false ceiling to cover the heater.

I remembered reading one of the threads saying instant water heaters are not meant to be used with rain showers. Some forumer's heater broke and the store salesperson told them it will not work due to that circumstance and there was some argument. Do a search, you will be able to find that thread.

Water storage heaters act as a tank holding water. So if it placed above your shower area, the water pressure will be better as compared getting directly from the source. For my place, I am having two storage heaters built in for each bathroom. I bought a 50l Joven for the mbr.( I know a lot of people think this is excessive, but with my rain shower head at 350 by 350, and a wife who loves to have a very long hot, steamy shower (literally, no other innuendos meant here), I think it is necessary.

The other bathroom which is going to be under utilized at the moment for our pets, before our kid arrives will be sufficient. Again why two heaters, the convenience of having to go daily out of the room to turn the heater on is going to be a drag especially when we just wake. And the chances of forgetting to turn it off will be high. Age is creeping up fast with me and my wife thinks I already have dementia. She always gives me all her gingko nuts in her soup. I have a memory comparable with a goldfish. And also because my bathrooms are not located back to back, plumbing and concealing was going to be an issue, aesthetically and cost wise.

Last and not least, storage heaters are proven to have long lifespans and they have long warranties to give you a peace of mind. Price wise, to me, I think it is very fair. It is not expensive. If you want to know where to get the heater at a cheaper price, PM me and I will let you know.

PS Use a false ceiling to cover the heater.

Yes, would like to know where you got it from. Kindly PM me. Thanks.

HI!

sorry to hijack this thread...

Have a Grohe Rain shower (27 293 000) and Shower Rail Set (27 393 000), with 2 Linear Bath mixers (33 849 000) for sale.

ALL item BRAND NEW IN BOX.

Selling as new flat comes installed with shower and mixer already.

Would consider any REASONABLE offer.

Kindly sms 8383 3133 with your offer.

Thanks.

HI!

sorry to hijack this thread...

Have a Grohe Rain shower (27 293 000) and Shower Rail Set (27 393 000), with 2 Linear Bath mixers (33 849 000) for sale.

ALL item BRAND NEW IN BOX.

Selling as new flat comes installed with shower and mixer already.

Would consider any REASONABLE offer.

Kindly sms 8383 3133 with your offer.

Thanks.

Pictures? What is the retail price and how much you bought it for? Thanks.

Bought it from Grohe in IMM.

unfortunately no pictures as still in box, unopened.

Can capture the box picture? Or send us any link if the item is on the website?

How much you bought? And how much you are looking at to let go?