Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lwd80

Soft Closing Hinges

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
anyone have contact for a lower cost?

Looking for Blumotion 971a, pls pm me if you have any lobang.

Thanks.

Hi,

You need to find those BLUM certified dealer but I don't know how much cheaper it is. I am looking to buy a few hinges from them but I haven't do so because waiting to confirm my Contractor ID's quotation after his on site measurement. Not sure if group buy will be slightly cheaper??? LOL

I read some comments from other forumer that you need to know exact size of the hinges (confirm with your carpenter) before you buy else you can't change after you buy.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Samsung IREX soft closing hinges is cheap.. I gt mine from excel hardware at around $5 per piece. I can only say it's cheap and good. Im nt sure about Blum hinges prices though.

I found 2 YouTube videos on samsung IREX soft closing hinges the previous time. If you are interested, I can give u the links.

samsung IREX is more affordable and cheaper compared to blums. and the quality are much more better than blum..

the other time my designer intro me for blums soft close hinge with the bulky thing on the top of the hinge, i encounter many defects, my doors eventually could not close it tight.

after i've change to samsung IREX from excel hardware, i'm so glad... :D

excel showroom have many interesting things and ideas for my home! i've bought their LED lights and wine racks for my kitchens too :)

So we can direct buy the hinges there? Any source we can buy cheaper than buying direct from them?

Ya you can buy directly from them. I was told that they are selling at direct factory price and they are also a wholesale distributor. so I guess buying directly from them is the cheapest method..

samsung IREX is more affordable and cheaper compared to blums. and the quality are much more better than blum..

the other time my designer intro me for blums soft close hinge with the bulky thing on the top of the hinge, i encounter many defects, my doors eventually could not close it tight.

after i've change to samsung IREX from excel hardware, i'm so glad... :D

excel showroom have many interesting things and ideas for my home! i've bought their LED lights and wine racks for my kitchens too :)

I agree.. I'm also glad that I bought samsung IREX from excel hardware. I even purchase pole system from them and I can only say I wouldn't consider any other choices from now on..

Not sure if there is any increase in price, but from the 2010 Blum pricelist, 1 set of Blum hinge and Blumotion damper cost less than $5 after GST. And for normal cabinet doors, 1 Blumotion damper per door is actually enough to prevent the door from slamming.

Not sure if there is any increase in price, but from the 2010 Blum pricelist, 1 set of Blum hinge and Blumotion damper cost less than $5 after GST. And for normal cabinet doors, 1 Blumotion damper per door is actually enough to prevent the door from slamming.

understand from my ID that blum price is less that $5 after GST is because the quality of blum came from china..as for samsung IREX, it's from korea and it's selling at a better pricing from blum. my ID gave me free :D i've seen both display of blum and samsung IREX at my ID showroom, when i close the door under blum hinge, felt so bulky for the cabinet. as for samsung IREX, it looks more normal for usage. my hubby even went to measure the space use for both hinges and blum takes up more space than samsung IREX, cos samsung IREX looks more slim and i can put place bigger stuffs like my pots and pans easily into the cabinet. housewives will know what im trying to say.. :D

Went to Excel to check out their price.

They can offer 20% discount if you purchase more than $50.

Per damper + hinge cost $5.

If you purchase 10pc which cost $50, afer discount will be $40, which means per damper hinge cost $4.

Is it a good deal than blum? I have not check blum price yet.

Edited by nismosunny