Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeiLinChCh

My Home @ "Fernvale Residences"

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello Neighbours!! :yamseng:

Im waiting for my 2nd appointment with HDB cum key collection in 3-4mths time. Will be staying 435b...

Was glad to find this forum...

Since im new here...can anyone explain what is FSM? Is it a must to engage 1?

Mine is 3rm only ;) ...anyone here bought 3rm too? Seems that the layout of the kitchen is very small...

Maybe can share pics to gv me ideas on the kitchen cabinet...currently im going ard asking for quotation. Wat do u guys think of a reasonable budget for basic neccesities renovation? Possible 10k?

Was quoted ard 15k frm Chew for these :jawdrop: :

- 20FT kitchen Cabinet $3200

- Kitchen work top $800

- Shower screen for mbr toilet $800

- Shower screen for common toilet $1200

- Service yard sliding window w/o grill $750

- Sink Cabinet for mbr toilet $500

- False ceiling + L-box lighting for living& dining $2000

- Cooker hood, hob & sink $2000

- System 2 inverter aircon $2500

- GST & misc $1250

Now waiting for U-home quotaion...would ikea cabinets be cheaper yet same durability?

Im waiting for my 2nd appointment with HDB cum key collection in 3-4mths time. Will be staying 435b...

Mine is 3rm only ;) ...anyone here bought 3rm too? Seems that the layout of the kitchen is very small...

Maybe can share pics to gv me ideas on the kitchen cabinet...currently im going ard asking for quotation. Wat do u guys think of a reasonable budget for basic neccesities renovation? Possible 10k?

- Kitchen work top $800

- GST & misc $1250

Now waiting for U-home quotaion...would ikea cabinets be cheaper yet same durability?

Wow, your quote from Chew is scary ! :jawdrop:

Why the shower screen for MBR & Common toilet so expensive ? Is it sliding type or 1 fix 1 swing type? I was quoteed for 1 fix 1 swing for my MBR toilet for $380 only, including installation !

Did they specify the brand of the hood, hob, sink and aircon ? System 2 inverter aircon for $2500 to me is very expensive ! If go for Panasonic Sys 2 Inverter, you can get at ard $2k if I am not wrong.

Edited by hoaili

Wow, your quote from Chew is scary ! :jawdrop:

Why the shower screen for MBR & Common toilet so expensive ? Is it sliding type or 1 fix 1 swing type? I was quoteed for 1 fix 1 swing for my MBR toilet for $380 only, including installation !

Did they specify the brand of the hood, hob, sink and aircon ? System 2 inverter aircon for $2500 to me is very expensive ! If go for Panasonic Sys 2 Inverter, you can get at ard $2k if I am not wrong.

Hi Hoaili,

I knew it sounds scary rite!! :furious:

The shower screen for MBR 1 fix 1 swing...as for the common toilet its like "L" shape, therefore 2 sliding, 2 fix. Wah! urs so cheap! :o Which reno co?

For the hood, hob, sink and aircon he said its very subjective...so wat he gave was a rough idea though... ;)

Hubby prefers Mitsubishi for aircon...outside market like Gain city, Courts is also abt $2.3k...If panasonic is alot cheaper than we shld consider...thanks for the heads up! :good:

Hi Hoaili,

The shower screen for MBR 1 fix 1 swing...as for the common toilet its like "L" shape, therefore 2 sliding, 2 fix. Wah! urs so cheap! :o Which reno co?

For the hood, hob, sink and aircon he said its very subjective...so wat he gave was a rough idea though... ;)

Hubby prefers Mitsubishi for aircon...outside market like Gain city, Courts is also abt $2.3k...If panasonic is alot cheaper than we shld consider...thanks for the heads up! :good:

If u dont switch on the aircon everyday, non inverter can be considered.

Panasonic non inverter sys 2 is abt 1.5k

If u dont switch on the aircon everyday, non inverter can be considered.

Panasonic non inverter sys 2 is abt 1.5k

Hi Nexer,

Im a heavy aircon user..hv to stick invertor i tink :(

- Kitchen work top $800

- GST & misc $1250

Wat is FSM?

Hi Hoaili,

Refer to the link below, look at post #227 for contact

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2460&pid=735881&st=200entry735881

The price is reasonable, but end up I never instal the shower screen due to safety reason. Hubby heard lots of scary story about shower screen that just shredded into pieces suddenly. This make him worry about our 2 kids, so scrap the shower screen, replaced by shower curtain instead. This gives us more space for shower as movement not restricted by the fix panel. :bath:

Refer to the link below, look at post #227 for contact

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2460&pid=735881&st=200entry735881

The price is reasonable, but end up I never instal the shower screen due to safety reason. Hubby heard lots of scary story about shower screen that just shredded into pieces suddenly. This make him worry about our 2 kids, so scrap the shower screen, replaced by shower curtain instead. This gives us more space for shower as movement not restricted by the fix panel. :bath:

Hi Hoaili,

Thanks for the info!! ☺