Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeiLinChCh

Lighting Shop

Hi there,

does anyone know how to buy light from US ?

Thanks !

You can get an account from Vpost, get the supplier to send to your USA vpost address and from Vpost send to your house in SG.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can get an account from Vpost, get the supplier to send to your USA vpost address and from Vpost send to your house in SG.

Hi Cooky,

Alternatively, if you want to cut short the process, brilliant source is selling US lights, I choose from their website and they intend it for me. You check it out with them.

Cheers !

Hi All,

can i say brilliant source is slightly cheaper than lighting.com?

I find lighting.com led bulb selling at $45 each for 4W if im not mistaken.

And i see their dining light ave cost $280......is it normal? (some normal design not those very fancy look dining light)

Hi musicbox,

Thanks for your info. Have check out about this Vpost, my friend use it before, its take min 3weeks to reach here.

Cheers !

anyone knows where to get the cheapest E27 light bulbs? i bought my lights from ChanHuat today but they told me they run out of stocks for Cool-White and only left 25W sized which is larger then the downlight holder. would greatly appreciate if anyone could let me know thanks!

cheers

merfmerf

anyone knows where to get the cheapest E27 light bulbs? i bought my lights from ChanHuat today but they told me they run out of stocks for Cool-White and only left 25W sized which is larger then the downlight holder. would greatly appreciate if anyone could let me know thanks!

cheers

merfmerf

another forumer informed me where to get them and indeed they are also much cheaper after asking around.

just some info to share, most brands only have Warm White or Cool Daylight colour for E27 as its not that popular yet as this can be seen in the limited designs of E27 downlights available. Chan Huat only had 2 designs, one in white and other in brushed metal finish. cheapest i've asked for E27 14W Philips are around $4.50-$5.50 nett per pcs.

for those looking for Cool White will need to look for GE brand of bulbs.

cheers!

merfmerf

Hi Cooky,

Alternatively, if you want to cut short the process, brilliant source is selling US lights, I choose from their website and they intend it for me. You check it out with them.

Cheers !

hi Kayden,

Thanks for your recommandation. Yes !! I have talked to this shop and have placed an order for a wooden table lamp as a gift to my aunty's birthday next month. It is much more easier then I do it myself, I just confirmed the order their do the rest of the job. Haha...

Good day.

Brilliant source is brilliant!!! :) They help to order lighting from the US that I couldnt get in Sg. Rates are very affordable and they fly the lights to Sg within 3 weeks. Other places told me to wait 3 months??!!?

Quah himself helps with installation! He's really super patient and nice. There was a couple who wanted to go back to the shop after dinner....Quah said that he'll wait till 10pm for them! Wow! That's good service. Sure hope they went back to him though.

I emailed him the items I wanted around midnight and he gave me a quote the VERY next morning (within 12 hours)....I went down to the shop to make a deposit and he said that he'll check with his US agent whether all 6 items I wanted were available. He called the US and replied to me within 2 hours, though it was 10pm by then! Man, should have gotten ALL my lighting from them!! :)

Very very satisfied with their service. Also able to convert my lights that I bought in the US so that I can still use them in Sg.

Went to a few lighting shops and the service here is really the best. Felt he's honest and won't rip me off. That to me is IMPORTANT and the deal clincher.

Summary of the shops I went to

Extreme lighting: Very ah beng. Not very forthcoming and insisted that ALL LEDS are only from China. Hellooooo, he was trying to smoke my hubby who works with LEDs, and other shops offered us better Japanese brand lightings....Rates not that much cheaper than others too. Guess it would be cheaper as stuff are from China.

Lights and Lights: Superb service from a young chap called Mountain. Able to bargain down 10-20%. Guy who delivered the lights made sure to check out our light sockets to ensure the lights we bought would fit. Boss here also seems nice and not the try to pian4 lang3 type. Bought Japanese made LEDs compared to Chinese made LEDs from Lights and Lights instead of Extreme lighting. Paid a small premium but I would rather have better quality LED than China LEDs.

Lumiere: Got kitchen lights from them. Good service from Steven Chew. Nice helpful dude. Seems honest. Can bargain down about 15-20%.

Sembawang Lighting: Parking was ****! Otherwise the range was ok ok only. Didnt buy anything from them.

Lighting Centre: Decided on Schonbek chandeliers. Need to bargain though.

Bright House: LOUSY service!!! Went down, checked out some lights but had some questions. Sales person said will call back with quote but never did...wait and wait for nothing. Prices also VERY high....Brilliant source charged us HALF of what Bright House quoted us!!! WILL NEVER GO THERE! Mom unknowingly bought from them and paid 1.5x the price for ceiling fans...$400+ when elsewhere only $300!. SUX

Hey guys, hope this helps! :)

Cheers,

Serapheve

I bought my lighting at Catalogue.com.sg cos they are direct distributors of all sorts of lighting, their prices the best I have found so far after rackeeing the whole of Singapore.

Check them out especially if you are looking for designer inspired lighting. I bought my entire house lightings from them and also for my parent's penthouse. All indoor and outdoor lighting also shopped at www.catalogue.com.sg saved alot lor. :thumbs up: They used to supply interior designers and architects only but now open to all.

Just email them the invoice you received from another shop and they will source the exact same light or similar lights you are looking for and offer it to you at a lower price!

I am their member liao so I have this member's discount coupon code of S$25.00 cash voucher. You guys can use it when you purchase online at Catalogue.com.sg ( Cash Voucher Code is VC555158JCLCS ) Key in the code and S$25.00 will be deducted from the total. My cousin and a few of my friends tried it and it worked even on items that were on sale. Hope this lobang saves you some money!

Oh yah, cos I bought all the lighting from them I kapok their electrician also. Email me if you need electrician. samlohbang at g mail

:yamseng: Samuel Loh :drunk:

Hi Samuel,

How long is the shipping time?

TIA

I bought my lighting at Catalogue.com.sg cos they are direct distributors of all sorts of lighting, their prices the best I have found so far after rackeeing the whole of Singapore.

Check them out especially if you are looking for designer inspired lighting. I bought my entire house lightings from them and also for my parent's penthouse. All indoor and outdoor lighting also shopped at www.catalogue.com.sg saved alot lor. :thumbs up: They used to supply interior designers and architects only but now open to all.

Just email them the invoice you received from another shop and they will source the exact same light or similar lights you are looking for and offer it to you at a lower price!

I am their member liao so I have this member's discount coupon code of S$25.00 cash voucher. You guys can use it when you purchase online at Catalogue.com.sg ( Cash Voucher Code is VC555158JCLCS ) Key in the code and S$25.00 will be deducted from the total. My cousin and a few of my friends tried it and it worked even on items that were on sale. Hope this lobang saves you some money!

Oh yah, cos I bought all the lighting from them I kapok their electrician also. Email me if you need electrician. samlohbang at g mail

" email them the invoice you received from another shop and they will source the exact same light or similar lights you are looking for and offer it to you at a lower price!"

In this case light's shop at Balestier have to close shop liao.

:rolleyes:

Hi,

I am new here, my house using 18 nos 3w LED down light about 9 months ago bought from Balestier Road one of lighting shop, now we have about 5 nos spoiled, changed new driver no light too, went back to that shop told that no warranty and no more same downlight and cant repair, have to change new set.

Any one know that any lighting shop can repair the LED light ? Asked so many shop and no one say LED can repair.

Thanks