Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
timothyng27

My 5 Room Bukit Merah Flat T-Blog

Guest Goobii

Do toilet sealant and water membrane properly to avoid neighour from complaining if leakage.... Mine was affected and my upstairs neighbor cause my ceiling to have stinking smell n yellow patch in toilet.... **** irritating... Already 1yr still haven't resolve ....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Goobi,

We spray painted the lamp already. It actually looks quite nice now. Looks newer and cleanere a bit. But the vintage look also quite nice la.

Still it should be quite unique. I think end of November once everything is more finished up then I bring you to check it out.

Kitchen sink and all sink actually we bought liao. Go to Jalan Besar area near the Sungei Road market. A lot of basins there.

Wah....bro never read ur thread for so long... Today is really an eye opener for me... So many cool stuff.... I like the red lamp too... I suggest keep the retro old concept don't need to buff or shine.... It will blend in and make it unique in the house...

When visiting ur house? Can go see see.... Anyway have u bought kitchen sink... My in-law need to buy kitchen sink soon... Still looking around for deep inner sink ...

This one I'm sure my ID will do up properly for me. But in any case, we're on the top floor, so if anything our neighbours downstairs will kena, not us also :sport-smiley-004:

Do toilet sealant and water membrane properly to avoid neighour from complaining if leakage.... Mine was affected and my upstairs neighbor cause my ceiling to have stinking smell n yellow patch in toilet.... **** irritating... Already 1yr still haven't resolve ....

Guest Goobii

This one I'm sure my ID will do up properly for me. But in any case, we're on the top floor, so if anything our neighbours downstairs will kena, not us also :sport-smiley-004:

Eh... If downstairs complain leak... Ur whole toilet going to redo or have to soak with membrane or sealant to seal the leaks.... So better Ask ur contractor to do a good job...

Ya... Let me know when almost ready...want to visit see see....

My in law house also going to start soon....

Edited by Goobii

No problem one la. My ID / contractor definitely do it up well. 100% trust them :)

Now everything just painted. Carpentry is starting soon. End of Nov we can go take a look

Eh... If downstairs complain leak... Ur whole toilet going to redo or have to soak with membrane or sealant to seal the leaks.... So better Ask ur contractor to do a good job...

Ya... Let me know when almost ready...want to visit see see....

My in law house also going to start soon....

The flooring and paint are almost done. Just left carpentry which should be done up by end of next week.

I think my place looks a little better in real life, but here are some teaser pictures before carpentry goes up :sport-smiley-004:

Long distressed wood-looking ceramic tiles make the hall appear longer than it is

download2-1.jpg

Sneak peek of the Peranakan tiles nicely sandwiched between the 2 different colours of the entryway.

download-1.jpg

Daylight brings out the texture and grain of the faux wood plank tiles

download1-1.jpg

Can't wait for the carpentry and the final touch up of the work done. Scheduled for completion by end of November.

Furniture will all come in probably first week of December. Getting pretty excited :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Lancelot,

I'm using Invor laminates for the bedroom. They did give us a matching skirting which is pretty nice.

But the picture you see if for the hall - used a faux wooden plank tile from one of the Jalan Besar shops.

Can't quite remember. Are you using Invor laminates too?

Hi timothy27,

saw that u are using Invor laminates. Are they giving u a matching skirting?

Hi folks,

Will be needing a mover to transport my teak TV console and side table from Telok Kurau to my place at Bukit Merah,

Should need just a small lorry with 2 people to carry. Anyone got cheap and good movers to recommend?

Will probably need this next week....

Looks like no one knows any movers :furious:

Anyway, carpentry is going on very well. Am very pleased with how things are progressing.

Must say the kitchen is taking shape, and the master bedroom, walk-in wardrobe and master toilet are looking nicer and nicer.

Promise I will post more pics when everything is up. Think will be in Home & Decor or some magazines once everything is done! Hahaha :yamseng:

Looks like no one knows any movers :furious:

Anyway, carpentry is going on very well. Am very pleased with how things are progressing.

Must say the kitchen is taking shape, and the master bedroom, walk-in wardrobe and master toilet are looking nicer and nicer.

Promise I will post more pics when everything is up. Think will be in Home & Decor or some magazines once everything is done! Hahaha :yamseng:

is a good sign when u are so happy and confidence of the progress of the renovation even though it is not completely done yet

it will be so nice if every home owner hv this kind of positive spirit and vibe when they do their renovation keep it up :good:

Edited by rayfox

Hi rayfox, can see everything taking shape liao. All the colours and materials I chose with my ID all blend it quite well, so I'm quite happy la.

I must say it's also my ID who has really helped make the place nice. Really a big difference from when we first got the keys.

His space planning is super super good. I will share his name and contact once everything is completed :)

What a frantic couple of days! Everything is taking shape, but a little too slowly I think.

ID says we handover will be end of next week, but am not sure everything will be done by then.

There's a lot of deliveries due then too; and am waiting for our furniture from BKK to be sent out.

Whatever the outcome and handover date, I think the end product should look pretty decent.

ID has done a pretty good job of design and space planning. Think pictures will speak for themselves.

I promise to post more pictures of the end product soon (hopefully) :thumbs up:

Guest Goobii

Don't worry... all will look goods once it is done... JUST remember to visit when electrical man or aircon or plumber visit the house...

Remember to listen to my AIRCON advise....

Good LUCK~!

Edited by Goobii

What a frantic couple of days! Everything is taking shape, but a little too slowly I think.

ID says we handover will be end of next week, but am not sure everything will be done by then.

There's a lot of deliveries due then too; and am waiting for our furniture from BKK to be sent out.

Whatever the outcome and handover date, I think the end product should look pretty decent.

ID has done a pretty good job of design and space planning. Think pictures will speak for themselves.

I promise to post more pictures of the end product soon (hopefully) :thumbs up:

pic pic pic can't wait