Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
timothyng27

My 5 Room Bukit Merah Flat T-Blog

Yeah we're like always at conflict - design vs usability.

We'll leave it to the ID to mediate! Sounds like a marriage counsellor! Hahaha

Conflicting views - sounds totally familiar! Hope you guys come to an agreement! ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's about $50K on the reno (hopefully this will be less) and about maybe $20K+ on the furniture / fixtures / appliances.

Still not really worked out a very detailed cost estimate, but $70K is about we have in mind for everything.

what's your budget looking like for reno only and fixtures/appliances?

Hey folks!

Here's some reno pics:

Hall after hacking off tiles

SAM_8976.jpg

Kitchen tiles almost all hacked off

SAM_8967.jpg

Warzone

SAM_8964.jpg

The floors should all be gone now; but the walls are still awaiting HDB permit to get hacked. Hope this goes through smoothly.

Here's our choice of tiles:

Long distressed-looking "wooden-plank effect" tile with texture and discolouration

SAM_8989.jpg

Vine maple laminate from Innova for the Master Bedroom floors

SAM_8990.jpg

Combination of toilet tiles for the guest toilet

SAM_8992.jpg

Combination of toilet tiles for the master toilet

SAM_8991.jpg

Still looking for a ma tong and some sinks for the toilet, which should come next.

Also looking for 2 pendant lamps (one for the hallway, and one for the dining table).

The budgeting is pretty scary; a lot of things not bought yet which will add to the total. Stress

More toilet stuff after visiting Toto and SSC today. Toto staff were so rude, totally bo chup me.

I just ended up taking photos by myself. Will go to Adamas to get them for cheaper. But have to say, they do have nice stuff.

Here's the pics:

Toto wall-hung WC CW863 NPJ - I super like this. Maybe it's the lighting, but this looks really nice

List price: $542

totowallhungtoiletmaster.png

Toto normal WC for the guest bathroom CW862 NJ - Reminds me of a pelican, but pretty cool

List price:$779

totoguestwc.jpg

Another normal Toto WC for the guest bathroom CW661 JT1 - Looks like any other WC

List price: $685

totowcguesttoilet.png

SIMS WC from Sim Siang Choon - #91469

List price: $201.77

SSCWCguest.jpg

Toto is **** helluva expensive. Might just go with the hanging toilet and the SIMs one from Sim Siang Choon.

I wonder how much cheaper I can get Toto from Adamas and elsewhere. Anyone got lobang please PM me :)

Can you do wall hung toilets in HDB? MY understanding is cannot unless HDB builds for you (eg in pinnacle at duxton). Better double check before buying...

Re your budget for FFE, better budget more, esp with the type of furnitures we spoke about earlier... 20k may be a bit tight...

Here's our choice of tiles:

Long distressed-looking "wooden-plank effect" tile with texture and discolouration

SAM_8989.jpg

Vine maple laminate from Innova for the Master Bedroom floors

SAM_8990.jpg

Combination of toilet tiles for the guest toilet

SAM_8992.jpg

Combination of toilet tiles for the master toilet

SAM_8991.jpg

Still looking for a ma tong and some sinks for the toilet, which should come next.

Also looking for 2 pendant lamps (one for the hallway, and one for the dining table).

The budgeting is pretty scary; a lot of things not bought yet which will add to the total. Stress

I like ur wooden plank like tile!!! Very good option!

And all toilet tiles looks soooooooooo cool.. Looks very special for the guest toilet and some rustic feel also for the MBR toilet.. NICE!!!

Pretty sure it's do-able. Bought the wall mounting etc liao. now just looking for the wall hung toilet.

Think he's making a fake wall to conceal everything, so should be no problem. Yeah feeling the pinch man. but leave the furniture til late liao la

Can you do wall hung toilets in HDB? MY understanding is cannot unless HDB builds for you (eg in pinnacle at duxton). Better double check before buying...

Re your budget for FFE, better budget more, esp with the type of furnitures we spoke about earlier... 20k may be a bit tight...

thanks! i can't wait for them to start tiling too. very very excited to see how it'll turn out :)

I like ur wooden plank like tile!excl.gif Very good option!

And all toilet tiles looks soooooooooo cool.. Looks very special for the guest toilet and some rustic feel also for the MBR toilet.. NICE!excl.gif

Basins!

Inset Master Basin from Toto LW 595 BR

Price: $497

totomastersink.jpg

Vanity Master Basin from Toto BA 0242

Price: $529

Masterbasin.jpg

Gaia 80 basin from somewhere along Balestier

Price: $347.74

SSCmastersink.jpg

Hatria "You & Me" Washbasin for Guest washroom

Price: $288

guestsink.png

Basins!

Inset Master Basin from Toto LW 595 BR

Price: $497

Vanity Master Basin from Toto BA 0242

Price: $529

Gaia 80 basin from somewhere along Balestier

Price: $347.74

Hatria "You & Me" Washbasin for Guest washroom

Price: $288

Which basins u confirmed? i like the toto ones.

Yeah the Toto ones are **** nice. Don't know if it's the lighting or what... High chance I'm going with the inset one cos I like the green glass look.

But I'll have to go Adamas at Jalan Besar to check if they have stock. It's much cheaper than the Toto showroom. They straight up give 30% off list price (but plus GST).

I'll be going there tomorrow to see if I can work out a package for my WCs, basins, hoods, hubs and heaters.

Yeah the Toto ones are **** nice. Don't know if it's the lighting or what... High chance I'm going with the inset one cos I like the green glass look.

But I'll have to go Adamas at Jalan Besar to check if they have stock. It's much cheaper than the Toto showroom. They straight up give 30% off list price (but plus GST).

I'll be going there tomorrow to see if I can work out a package for my WCs, basins, hoods, hubs and heaters.

Do also call Fullsun Marketing P L (also at Jalan Besar) for price comparison.