Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
timothyng27

My 5 Room Bukit Merah Flat T-Blog

Lush is definitely better, but price also more expensive! :P

Btw I contacted Hawaii 5-0 in BKK through email. Someone forwarded me the price list, materials and colour options.

The prices are actually very very reasonable (as compared to similar pieces here).

The only difference is shipping costs, which I think shouldn't be too much too.

Let me know if you want me to forward it to you :)

hawaii5-0 furniture have a mid century look in it so i think it will go well with your inspiration and is good that

you do so much homework before getting the key so that u can achieve the look u really one without rushing

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The danger and the pain is when you see something you like so much that you decide you MUST have it, but the budget does not allow... Sigh.

Hmm... I've been thru that process so many times during this reno that I think I'm just getting numb. Still heartpain when I think about the items I've given up/sacrificed cos of budget constraints during the reno tho. *sniff*

Lush is definitely better, but price also more expensive! :P

Btw I contacted Hawaii 5-0 in BKK through email. Someone forwarded me the price list, materials and colour options.

The prices are actually very very reasonable (as compared to similar pieces here).

The only difference is shipping costs, which I think shouldn't be too much too.

Let me know if you want me to forward it to you :)

Oh, pls send me the list too?

3, PP Mobler: http://www.pp.dk/

- Super nice faded oak finish (which I really like) available on almost all their pieces

- Superb quality and workmanship - possibly one of the best wood finishings I've seen / felt

I saw the PP501 / 503 chair in their showroom. The Hiroshima chair by Maruni looks almost exactly similar although the finishing is slightly more smooth / lacquered.

Guess how much the PP 501 / 503 chair costs? The closest guess wins a coffee treat from me! ;)

Am glad u had a pleasant experience there. Jacqueline sounded really nice on the phone too.

And my ID also likes the PP chairs... I was showing him the store website and the chair caught his eye. I guess $1.6K?

Yeah homework is a must! I'm actually pretty interested in Interior Design. Hopefully I can learn more through my reno.

Would be interested in maybe being an Interior Design myself one day :P

But yeah I think it takes a lot of effort to accomplish a well-thought out and designed place

hawaii5-0 furniture have a mid century look in it so i think it will go well with your inspiration and is good that

you do so much homework before getting the key so that u can achieve the look u really one without rushing

Hi rottenramone,

Sure, would be happy to. I'll send it to strikingreality? Btw you guys are heading to BKK in August right?

Who else wants the Hawaii 5-0 furniture price list? Please PM me your email address. Thanks!

Maybe we can group together to save shipping costs. Can send us a price list?

Well, I think it's inevitable la - got to definitely give up some stuff you really want.

Please PM me with your email address and I'll email it to you :)

Jacqueline is really quite a nice lady - super easy to talk to.

Really love the PP Mobler stuff, but the PP501 / 502 chair cost $7,000 bucksssss :jawdrop:

Since you're the only one who guessed you get to win a coffee from me! Haha

Hmm... I've been thru that process so many times during this reno that I think I'm just getting numb. Still heartpain when I think about the items I've given up/sacrificed cos of budget constraints during the reno tho. *sniff*

Oh, pls send me the list too?

Am glad u had a pleasant experience there. Jacqueline sounded really nice on the phone too.

And my ID also likes the PP chairs... I was showing him the store website and the chair caught his eye. I guess $1.6K?

Well, I think it's inevitable la - got to definitely give up some stuff you really want.

Please PM me with your email address and I'll email it to you :)

Jacqueline is really quite a nice lady - super easy to talk to.

Really love the PP Mobler stuff, but the PP501 / 502 chair cost $7,000 bucksssss :jawdrop:

Since you're the only one who guessed you get to win a coffee from me! Haha

Ok will PM u in a while. Thanks!

$7000??? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

OMG... ok, I guess I'll stick to my plastic chairs.

Hehe, ok onz, so your place for coffee k? Am I the 1st to shamelessly invite myself over? Hehe. :P

Hi rottenramone,

Sure, would be happy to. I'll send it to strikingreality? Btw you guys are heading to BKK in August right?

Who else wants the Hawaii 5-0 furniture price list? Please PM me your email address. Thanks!

Yup, heading to BKK just before National Day. You can send the price list to me. You still hv my email add?

Have you gone to JB to see lights yet? When are you intending to go? I met a Malaysian Singtel technician yesterday who told me it's a pain now to travel across to JB now since the implementation of the thumbprint. I don't want to stuck in traffic....

Edited by strikingreality

It'll be sometime more before I move in actually; I was thinking of coffee outside and maybe going to check out furniture and stuff :P

Ok will PM u in a while. Thanks!

$7000??? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

OMG... ok, I guess I'll stick to my plastic chairs.

Hehe, ok onz, so your place for coffee k? Am I the 1st to shamelessly invite myself over? Hehe. :P

I just sent it to you :)

Yeah, I've been to JB once to check out lights.

Will want to go with my ID again soon. Maybe this weekend or next week?

I just went to JB yesterday though. No jams after the school holidays are over.

Traffic was pretty smooth actually.

Yup, heading to BKK just before National Day. You can send the price list to me. You still hv my email add?

Have you gone to JB to see lights yet? When are you intending to go? I met a Malaysian Singtel technician yesterday who told me it's a pain now to travel across to JB now since the implementation of the thumbprint. I don't want to stuck in traffic....

It'll be sometime more before I move in actually; I was thinking of coffee outside and maybe going to check out furniture and stuff :P

Aiya, I'm almost done furniture shopping leh. Even have time to help my sis buy her dining chairs and look for new sofa. She got her dining chairs from Pomelo btw. She n my BIL (bro-in-law) liked the Knicker chair.

http://www.bludot.com/modern-seating/modern-chairs/knicker-chair.html

08_kn1-sidchr-wh_r_sd_crop2.jpg

Feels a bit strange that they are buying stuff instead of us. Feels even more strange that for the 2nd time I lent money/cash to someone to buy stuff from Pomelo.

You got your stuff from Pomelo already? Or maybe we can arrange to meet for kopi there when their new shipment arrive? I love the toast n kopi at the kopitiam there. Yummy. So we've been popping by the Keong Saik area quite often recently. Or perhaps at ReStore? I haven't been there yet.

Update: Oh ya, thanks for the list! Unfortunately m not comfortable with the idea of getting an armchair without trying 1st. Must pass the "SO butt wriggle test" before I'll buy. Hehe. :P:D

Edited by adidaem

Aiya, I'm almost done furniture shopping leh. Even have time to help my sis buy her dining chairs and look for new sofa. She got her dining chairs from Pomelo btw. She n my BIL (bro-in-law) liked the Knicker chair.

http://www.bludot.com/modern-seating/modern-chairs/knicker-chair.html

Feels a bit strange that they are buying stuff instead of us. Feels even more strange that for the 2nd time I lent money/cash to someone to buy stuff from Pomelo.

You got your stuff from Pomelo already? Or maybe we can arrange to meet for kopi there when their new shipment arrive? I love the toast n kopi at the kopitiam there. Yummy. So we've been popping by the Keong Saik area quite often recently. Or perhaps at ReStore? I haven't been there yet.

Update: Oh ya, thanks for the list! Unfortunately m not comfortable with the idea of getting an armchair without trying 1st. Must pass the "SO butt wriggle test" before I'll buy. Hehe. :P:D

2nd time? Who's the first time??

ReStore is quite nice... I esp like the toilet in ReStore! LOL. Waffles there are not bad as well. But furniture wise, mostly chairs, restored and reupholstered, some tables/dressers, but the shop is pretty small, even smaller than Pomelo.

We can meet when the new shipment arrives! Sorry for being so shameless and self inviting myself. :P Adidaem, when are you starting reno? And Timothy, when you getting keys?

I am waiting for my ID to get the HDB approval... almost 2-3 weeks already... wonder when it will be approved...

The Knicker chair looks pretty cute, nice legs! Shape-wise it looks a little bit chunky though.

I haven't got anything from anywhere yet, other than my Serta bed which is the most important thing to me :P

Yeah we can definitely meet up to go check it out when you're free.

I've been to ReStore, and in a nutshell:

- Furniture is pretty so-so and prices are pretty ex

- Waffles are nice and prices are very ex

Haha, but if you wanna go check it out I'll be happy to go with you as well.

Chia you kopi there :P

I think strikingreality and rottenramone will be going to BKK in August; I'll be going in October. So we'll check out the quality first before ordering

http://www.bludot.co...cker-chair.html

No problem! Will be pretty interested to meet up with you guys :)

Are you both on facebook? I'll be getting my keys in September, but I'm doing my homework very early. Haha

2nd time? Who's the first time??

ReStore is quite nice... I esp like the toilet in ReStore! LOL. Waffles there are not bad as well. But furniture wise, mostly chairs, restored and reupholstered, some tables/dressers, but the shop is pretty small, even smaller than Pomelo.

We can meet when the new shipment arrives! Sorry for being so shameless and self inviting myself. :P Adidaem, when are you starting reno? And Timothy, when you getting keys?

I am waiting for my ID to get the HDB approval... almost 2-3 weeks already... wonder when it will be approved...