Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrielx

New Boon Lay Abode

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am quite amazed at Hafary's efficency.. I placed the tiles order yesterday and they already delivered the tiles today~ now tat's wad I call good and efficient service..

mosaic2c.jpg

By adrielx1984 at 2011-09-23

My nice nice mosaic tiles. Quite the highlight of my tiles selection yesterday.. :sport-smiley-004:

mosaic1.jpg

By adrielx1984 at 2011-09-23

To say the truth, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the events happening in my life now.. And all these events were set in motion by one holy Thai Monk who told me the coming next 2 years will be ideal to pursue all of my dreams and goals.. So from the period between Mar and Sep, all these happened:

Mar: Started to prepare my former flat for sale

Tendered my early release application to Navy (Ya, was a Navy Regular..)

April: Went for countless job interviews while putting up my former flat for viewing and sale.. at the same time was looking for flats in the Pandan Gardens area (no luck)

Ended up selling my former flat to a nice Malay family (hope they are enjoying the flat.. :rolleyes: )

May (Happy month): Got accepted by new company who was willing to wait for me to start work in Aug (Navy release application takes 3 -4 mths to process.. Very inefficient..)

Found a flat in not so good condition but in very good location in Boon Lay next to market and food centre. Went on bidding war with PRs and ultimately got the Option.. but at a steep price

considering the condition of the flat..

June (Bad and sad month): A very shocking and bad event happened.. The Boon Lay flat owner was penalised for subleting the flat without approval.. Sale transaction put on hold.. :curse:

Spent the rest of June looking for another flat in the West.. With no avail.. haiz..

July (Gd Mth): Boon Lay flat owner got back to me saying HDB allows his transaction case to continue.. Got back the flat's OTP..

Aug (Mth I was freed): Early release application accepted by Navy and I ORDed on 19 Aug after 7 years in Navy!! yea~~! started work in new company on 22nd Aug~! :thumbs up:

Sep (Completion): The flat was officially mine on 12 Sep!!! hooray!! and I found my ID!! Jessie from Inside Living!! She gave me the best vibes among all the 6 -7 IDs we approached.. Knowledgable,

empathetic, meticulous, detailed and very very patient with our demands.. Most importantly, Jessie clicked with us right from the start and we were really satisfied with her initial 3D sketches which really

came close to the design we dreamt for.

In conclusion, it had been a very hectic and busy year for me.. Hope to settle in the flat by end of this year and have a peaceful 2012.. Peace.. Goin to work liao~

Edited by adrielx

p1000996w.jpg

By adrielx1984 at 2011-10-01

p1000997a.jpg

p1000998t.jpg

Pretty satisfied with the level of worksmanship shown so far by the tilers and plasterers except maybe the small small chip shown in the close up of the wall tiles above.. will ask ID abt the defect. Wife was pretty amazed at the skills of the plasterers. All the walls in our house look so straight now.

Edited by adrielx

Went to X'Clusive Home to buy some stuffs~!

Dining Table Top (Marble)

diningtabletop.jpg

By adrielx1984 at 2011-10-08

Dining Table Base

diningtablebase.jpg

Dining Chair

diningchairo.jpg

Coffee Table with revolving top

coffeetablem.jpg

Bar Stool (Black color and not white as in pic)

barstool.jpg

I muz reali recommend James frm X'clusive Home for being so patient and accommodating when we went down to choose our dining table and stuff. Not once did we feel we were being hard sell (Unlike some of the furniture galleries salesmans at IMM) and he was a great help in selecting our dining table and stuff. Reali had a positive experience at X'clusive Home. Now just left to see if their delivery and after-sale service up to mark. :good:

Edited by adrielx

adrielx, dropping in to say hi to a fellow resort theme reno t-blog sport-smiley-018.gif sounds like you had quite an adventure securing this flat of yours so here's to a smooth and beautiful reno! yamseng.gif

ps. your former kitchen opening is what i am planning to do for my place, lol :D

adrielx, dropping in to say hi to a fellow resort theme reno t-blog sport-smiley-018.gif sounds like you had quite an adventure securing this flat of yours so here's to a smooth and beautiful reno! yamseng.gif

ps. your former kitchen opening is what i am planning to do for my place, lol :D

Thanks for your compliments! My reno theme is actually a mix of mostly resort feel and a little bit of modern contempory. But I guess looking at the overall 3D drawings, the resort feel is more obvious. I'm also stalking your blog awaiting your reno completion to see the end result~! hope you haf a smooth, stress-free and on time renovation! :good:

Edited by adrielx

I saw yr laminates in the 3D in actual pcs n they r perfect choice! I not a woody person but I still love it...

U hv great selection for yr dining table too...

Thanks for your kind comments! :sport-smiley-004: My wife fell in love with the dining table top at 1st sight but she did not like the base which was made of angled stainless steel. She preferred the round base with matt stainless steel. Thankfully the top and base can be customized to our preference. I dun remember seeing your dining table pics in your blog. Guess you haven went to purchase yet?

Edited by adrielx

Thanks for your kind comments! :sport-smiley-004: My wife fell in love with the dining table top at 1st sight but she did not like the base which was made of angled stainless steel. She preferred the round base with matt stainless steel. Thankfully the top and base can be customized to our preference. I dun remember seeing your dining table pics in your blog. Guess you haven went to purchase yet?

Ya, haven purchase dining table yet lor...hubby quite fussy over the table legs as we wanted unique stainless steel kind.

Your house looks extremely big especially with the open kitchen :)

Hmmm.. Went Xclusive once, find them very very hard sell

Very pushy on their furniture package

Since their furniture are from china, just beware on customized item