Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snake

Removing Bath Tub Requires The Whole Bath Room To Be Hacked And Replaced?

A lot of the IDs that I spoke to say that if we want to remove bath tub, the whole master bathroom will have to be hacked and replaced. I have a relative that just asked a contractor to remove the bath tub and replaces some tiles on the floor and the wall and it's possible. Should I insist that I just want to remove the bathtub?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Unless u don't mind about waterproofing issues, u can just remove and replace with tiles on the bare and damage area. Normally doing this will not carry warranty for water leakage in future.

Unless u don't mind about waterproofing issues, u can just remove and replace with tiles on the bare and damage area. Normally doing this will not carry warranty for water leakage in future.

Actually, my relative's contractor applied water proofing and still warranty the waterproofing. Just that their finishing not so good. There are also 2 IDs that I spoke to who are willing to do only the floor and wall tiles for the portion that is affected by the hacking of the bath tub. but that is 2 out of 10. I am just wondering if the reason that they say that the whole hacking is necessary to earn more from the owners. I hope that is not really the case. I understand that there are some condo owners from Parc Condo that remove the bath tub in their new condo. Wonder if they hacked the whole new bathrooms??

Actually, my relative's contractor applied water proofing and still warranty the waterproofing. Just that their finishing not so good. There are also 2 IDs that I spoke to who are willing to do only the floor and wall tiles for the portion that is affected by the hacking of the bath tub. but that is 2 out of 10. I am just wondering if the reason that they say that the whole hacking is necessary to earn more from the owners. I hope that is not really the case. I understand that there are some condo owners from Parc Condo that remove the bath tub in their new condo. Wonder if they hacked the whole new bathrooms??

U need to hack the flooring and the bottom last piece of wall tiles to do a proper water proofing. Whole hacking is not really necessary, but just to do that alone without any other works, doubt any ID will want to take up the job. :yamseng:

Hi, I hv the same issue as you.

It Also depends what kind of bathtub you have. Mine was a tile constructed bathtub with fiber glass tank inside. Contractor did tell me that I can just hack the bathtub and replace some tiles. Mine will not b affected v badly on waterproofing cos of the fiber glass tank.

In the end, I still choose to hack whole toilet as I dun wan to have future headache...it really depends how skillful your workers can help you to hack...