Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calliecats

My Dream Home - 4 Room In The Central Area

Hi calliecats,

Nice! The color combination here is very well thought.

BTW, I like the standing lamp. Where did you get it and how much did you pay for it?

Hi Reiki,

Sorry for ;ate reply, have been busy at work. My sister got the lamp for me. Thanks for the compliment!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear Callie,

Nice look, very classy. Your kitchen cabinet do look like floating with the led lights used. Saw your bomb shelter with the mirror as a door to cover up the original door. I thought of using a mirror to cover up my store too but did not go ahead as I heard that it will sag after a while and if you open/close it often, the tic tac mechanism might not work well......... So far, any problem with that for you? Looking forward to see your bedrooms.....

Hi Edlyn,

Thank you for your comliments!

Many hinges were used to secure the mirrored door for the HHS. I just counted=total 7 :jawdrop: And Blum tic tack mechanism, So far, so good. No sagging.

Here's a pic:

2012-04-23125018.jpg

Living Room Before

livingroom2before.jpg

Living Room After

2011-10-01030857.jpg

2011-10-01030307.jpg

I didn't want a typical feature wall with long cabinet, as I wanted more walking space. So I just asked for a simple wall mount open shelf in glossy black piano laminate (inside of shelf was later painted black after this pic was taken) to hold my DVD player & AV receiver & some CDs. My TV is 52" Phillips LED TV with ambi lights. The glass you see on the right side is looking into my masterbedroom. More pics later on that area :thumbs up:

2011-10-01013709.jpg

Edited by calliecats

Hi Edlyn,

Thank you for your comliments!

Many hinges were used to secure the mirrored door for the HHS. I just counted=total 7 :jawdrop: And Blum tic tack mechanism, So far, so good. No sagging.

Here's a pic:

2012-04-23125018.jpg

Just curious. Is it because the glass is too heavy, that's why your ID decided on 7 hinges? Is it very heavy when you open it?

Just curious. Is it because the glass is too heavy, that's why your ID decided on 7 hinges? Is it very heavy when you open it?

Hi carisella,

I think the door is heavy with the glass panel but the Blum tick tack mechanism springs open easily & closes easily as well due to the magnet. so I have had no problems opening/closing it. I think the most critical thing would be that the door should not sag so I think my contractor put more hinges at the top where the stress is the most :yamseng:

Here are more pics. Sorry for the delay due to heavy work commitments. Hereare pics of my 10ft Walk In Wardrobe :P

Walk In Wardrobe (before)

room2.jpg

Walk In Wardrobe (After)

The WIW is in the Master bedroom. It's built with partition on both sides with a tick tack door concealing the window & a full length mirror on the door. Initially wanted to just seal up the window but because it leads out to the AC ledge, my contractor recommended a tick tack door & large mirror to allow for easy servicing of AC in future & the extra large mirror doubles up as a dressing area.

2012-04-09142447.jpg

2012-04-09142514.jpg

2012-04-09142618.jpg

Edited by calliecats

More pics of my WIW :yamseng:

The service window behind the tick tack door

2012-04-18230146.jpg

When tick tack door is closed (mirror in front)

2012-04-18230213.jpg

My shoes!!

2012-04-18230312.jpg

Edited by calliecats

love your place look so stylish , glam ,boutique and tastefully done and decorate

like the bling bling effort your place have

one of the best in renotalk now

nice wiw

Here are more pics. Sorry for the delay due to heavy work commitments. Hereare pics of my 10ft Walk In Wardrobe :P

Walk In Wardrobe (before)

room2.jpg

Walk In Wardrobe (After)

The WIW is in the Master bedroom. It's built with partition on both sides with a tick tack door concealing the window & a full length mirror on the door. Initially wanted to just seal up the window but because it leads out to the AC ledge, my contractor recommended a tick tack door & large mirror to allow for easy servicing of AC in future & the extra large mirror doubles up as a dressing area.

2012-04-09142447.jpg

2012-04-09142514.jpg

2012-04-09142618.jpg

Edited by rayfox

love your place look so stylish , glam ,boutique and tastefully done and decorate

like the bling bling effort your place have

one of the best in renotalk now

Hi rayfox,

Thanks so MUCH for your nice comments!

Wow, "one of the best"?! I'm floating now. Made my day. :rolleyes:

Are you doing reno too?

:yamseng:

hi,

Me and my wife love your renovation. Could you pass me the contractor details? Thanks!

Hi chippz,

Sorry for late reply. You can contact my contractor Ed See 97563849. Good luck on your reno!

:yamseng:

hi Calliecats, congrats, modern n sleek design. have you move in already?? Noticed your dining table is not near the kitchen, and one have to cross the sofa n tv to reach è dinning table. How do you find it, especially if someone is watching tv while a meal is bring prepared to be served...

Hi poison (interesting name!)

Sorry for the late reply I forgot to reply to your post! The previous owner did put the dining near to the kitchen & the sofa near the window but I felt the space was not as nice due to a few reasons:

1. I wanted an L shaped sofa & it would look "unanchored" if I place it nearer the window, & part of it would block the nice city view. The sofa looks better against the mirrored wall;

2. I wanted to be able to enjoy the city view when having a meal at the dining table;

3. I have a breakfast cum bar counter area already at the kitchen & most the time for quick meals will be there instead of at the dining table;

4. Space segregation when I'm entertaining & preparing meals & my kitchen might be messy/noisy, my guests can still have a decent conversation if the dining is not too near the kitchen.

So for all of the above reasons, the dining is where it is now. Have a great Sunday!

Here are pics of my master bedroom (its 2 rooms combined into 1 big master):

Before

room4.jpg

After

2012-04-09142926-1.jpg

Before

room3.jpg

After

2012-04-18231832-1.jpg

Edited by calliecats