Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calliecats

My Dream Home - 4 Room In The Central Area

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi angelbutterfly,

Nice place is near to Central whenever there's a big sale is convenience to pop down.

Im quite interested to get digital lock too~ they love nice n *****.

Pls kindly share how does your locksmith install the digital lock.

Thanks alot! :)

Hihi everyone, unfortunately I can't join you on group buy cos I have just confirmed it with my friend's contact. Dear Callie.... any new updates on your reno progress

Finally, after much research and asking around.I decided to go for Samsung SHS5230...

I have compared among many vendors and finally decided to go for someone I am familar with and most importantly the cheapest without the hassle of buying separately and looking for another installer.....hihi a little lazy to do all the coordination.

The reason why I choose this model is the flexibility to use either pin or finger print, this means that I do not need to bring any card with me. The model is upgradable when I decide to link it to my home automation. After much haggling, this is what I got

- $699/- for samsung SHS 5230 including installation and demo on programming

So looking foward to it.

Btw, anyone here using those energy saving LED strip light

Looking into LED lights too for my new flat...and really hoping to make my home an environmental friendly one...went sim lim and price there is ok/reasonable at about $20 per meter..and according to shop attendent, it does not generate any heat as it it DC operated..quite impressed and almost going to confirm with them but luckily I did not. Just attended a housewarming ... and saw the LED strip lights used in my friend's place too, they place it below kitchen cabinet and in their master bedroom.... very impressive.......managed to get the contact of the supplier(hurray)......

Spoke to the contractor and understand they have the different types of waterproofing IP code depending on where I am going to place it. Every LED strip needs a power adapter/transformer... and some has RGB type like mood lights. Confused with so many different types.... anyway ask for a quotation and this is what he quoted me and please share if this is reasonable price.

5M LED strip light warm white c/w power supply/ transformer & 3M double side tape but not water proof type $60

5M LED strip RGB c/w power supply, remote controller & 3M double side tape but not waterproof type $90

Not inclusive of installation... cos he said the electrical contractor just need to link the power cable and it will work already... just need to lay the LED strip to where I want and take out the double side tape... sounds easy ya.

the LED all running at 12vdc. The warm white ones are 3528 model running 60 LED per meter. He highlighted that there are cheaper ones that run at 30 LED per meter. The led type/size is 3528

The rgb ones using 5050 led and c/w 12vdc transformer, IR transmitter for 12 channel(12 different colours) and wireless receiver. It has 60 LED per meter too which means 300LED for 5 meters.

DO u think the price is reasonable for the specifications stated? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi folks, I'm back-2nd appointment over..yey! Now just waiting (impatiently zz ) for the sellers to shift out. I'm officially the proud owner of 1!

I see this thread had carried on in my absence...haha!

Thank you for all the suggestions regarding the fingerprint lock.

*Edlyn: Please PM me your contact-the price is irresistable! wow good job (saves me the trouble of going around the island comparing prices :good: )

Will keep you all posted of my reno progress in due course. Wish me luck!

Hi folks, I'm back-2nd appointment over..yey! Now just waiting (impatiently zz ) for the sellers to shift out. I'm officially the proud owner of 1!

I see this thread had carried on in my absence...haha!

Thank you for all the suggestions regarding the fingerprint lock.

*Edlyn: Please PM me your contact-the price is irresistable! wow good job (saves me the trouble of going around the island comparing prices :good: )

Will keep you all posted of my reno progress in due course. Wish me luck!

Hihi, congrat :yamseng: looking for more pic & smooth reno journey :good:

Hi Edly, PM-ed you about the contact for the lock too :) thanks

Hihi everyone, unfortunately I can't join you on group buy cos I have just confirmed it with my friend's contact. Dear Callie.... any new updates on your reno progress

Finally, after much research and asking around.I decided to go for Samsung SHS5230...

I have compared among many vendors and finally decided to go for someone I am familar with and most importantly the cheapest without the hassle of buying separately and looking for another installer.....hihi a little lazy to do all the coordination.

The reason why I choose this model is the flexibility to use either pin or finger print, this means that I do not need to bring any card with me. The model is upgradable when I decide to link it to my home automation. After much haggling, this is what I got

- $699/- for samsung SHS 5230 including installation and demo on programming

So looking foward to it.

Btw, anyone here using those energy saving LED strip light

Looking into LED lights too for my new flat...and really hoping to make my home an environmental friendly one...went sim lim and price there is ok/reasonable at about $20 per meter..and according to shop attendent, it does not generate any heat as it it DC operated..quite impressed and almost going to confirm with them but luckily I did not. Just attended a housewarming ... and saw the LED strip lights used in my friend's place too, they place it below kitchen cabinet and in their master bedroom.... very impressive.......managed to get the contact of the supplier(hurray)......

Spoke to the contractor and understand they have the different types of waterproofing IP code depending on where I am going to place it. Every LED strip needs a power adapter/transformer... and some has RGB type like mood lights. Confused with so many different types.... anyway ask for a quotation and this is what he quoted me and please share if this is reasonable price.

5M LED strip light warm white c/w power supply/ transformer & 3M double side tape but not water proof type $60

5M LED strip RGB c/w power supply, remote controller & 3M double side tape but not waterproof type $90

Not inclusive of installation... cos he said the electrical contractor just need to link the power cable and it will work already... just need to lay the LED strip to where I want and take out the double side tape... sounds easy ya.

the LED all running at 12vdc. The warm white ones are 3528 model running 60 LED per meter. He highlighted that there are cheaper ones that run at 30 LED per meter. The led type/size is 3528

The rgb ones using 5050 led and c/w 12vdc transformer, IR transmitter for 12 channel(12 different colours) and wireless receiver. It has 60 LED per meter too which means 300LED for 5 meters.

DO u think the price is reasonable for the specifications stated? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

*Mango13: Thank you for your kind wishes!

Last weekend, I started going around looking at furniture & liked this cellini sofa alot! Looks good on its own but doesn't quite go with the overall style that I'm planning to have-which is classic with lots of black, grey, white & some gold/silver thrown in for good measure! Have been reading alot of mags & scouring the blogs here for ideas too. Looks like the mid century modern deco is the flavour of the day. But it's not a style that I'm gravitating towards though (for now).

CelliniAvantiSofa.jpg

Hi angelbutterfly,

Nice place is near to Central whenever there's a big sale is convenience to pop down.

Im quite interested to get digital lock too~ they love nice n *****.

Pls kindly share how does your locksmith install the digital lock.

Thanks alot! :)

My hubby juz told me our digital lock is from gateman. Will install n feedback then..

Edited by angelbutterfly

hi Callie, you are welcome.....learnt a lot from these blogs so i think its time to give back....hopefully we can all achieve our dream home without overspending..... already PM you the lock contact, need to bargain ya...the sofa pic looks beautiful...what is the damage.. decided on your contractor already?? it is hard ya

hi angel butterfly: saw your home pic, it is nice.... can u ask hubby if gateman is better... how much he paid for

Hi Blooie : Sorry for late reply..already PM you ya....

hi Callie, you are welcome.....learnt a lot from these blogs so i think its time to give back....hopefully we can all achieve our dream home without overspending..... already PM you the lock contact, need to bargain ya...the sofa pic looks beautiful...what is the damage.. decided on your contractor already?? it is hard ya

hi angel butterfly: saw your home pic, it is nice.... can u ask hubby if gateman is better... how much he paid for

Hi Blooie : Sorry for late reply..already PM you ya....

Hi Edlyn, actually dunno if hubby co' can give u all special price Bo.. If not for special pricing, I dun really care wat brand as long as nice! I am in fact abit worried at 1st when he told me he wanted to buy it! I saw him testing it n quite fun lah...I asked if can also include my dog's paw print too :sport-smiley-004:

If u all not too urgent, do wait for me to install n see see...However, gateman is quite popular leh...

Hi all, mid week already! I've gone for my tile selection (actually I had to go a few times before I could decide as there were so many choices!). Changed my mind a few times too. Decided to rip out the laminate flooring and replace the whole apt with tiles instead. For all the good things said about laminate flooring, I still prefere the squeky clean feel of tiles. So these are my final tile choices:

For Living Room/Dining Area & Bedrooms Floor(bedroom floor will be all black glossy)

LivingDiningBedroomTile.jpg

For Kitchen & common bathroom (the floor will be the same grey tile for both bathrooms & kitchen, the white "pop out" tile will be for the common bathroom walls)

KitchenCBathTiles.jpg

For master bath (the grey "horizontal" line tile is for the shower area only)

EnsuiteTiles.jpg.

My contractor is a fairly young guy but he is engineering & electrical trained so he was able to advise me on the viability & on the technical aspects of my design, which I'm totally clueless about. I will go crazy if I take on someone that just tells me "up to you, lor"-that would simply be unacceptable to me! My contractor was also able to give me a quote that (compared to other contractor quotes I got) is very reasonable :thumbs up: Upon his advise, I have also decided to incorporate mirrors in the living area & glass panels & doors to replace some walls that will be knocked down. He said that it will make the space look bigger & will give it a "manhattan apt look" (I like!!). He is patient even though I changed my mind a few times during the tile selection & accompanied me several times to change the order. Overall, I would say that I'm extremely comfortable with our working relationship up till now. Crossing my fingers that everything will go smoothly. Target to start hacking in 1 week's time. :dancingqueen:

Hi all, mid week already! I've gone for my tile selection (actually I had to go a few times before I could decide as there were so many choices!). Changed my mind a few times too. Decided to rip out the laminate flooring and replace the whole apt with tiles instead. For all the good things said about laminate flooring, I still prefere the squeky clean feel of tiles. So these are my final tile choices:

For Living Room/Dining Area & Bedrooms Floor(bedroom floor will be all black glossy)

LivingDiningBedroomTile.jpg

For Kitchen & common bathroom (the floor will be the same grey tile for both bathrooms & kitchen, the white "pop out" tile will be for the common bathroom walls)

KitchenCBathTiles.jpg

For master bath (the grey "horizontal" line tile is for the shower area only)

EnsuiteTiles.jpg.

My contractor is a fairly young guy but he is engineering & electrical trained so he was able to advise me on the viability & on the technical aspects of my design, which I'm totally clueless about. I will go crazy if I take on someone that just tells me "up to you, lor"-that would simply be unacceptable to me! My contractor was also able to give me a quote that (compared to other contractor quotes I got) is very reasonable :thumbs up: Upon his advise, I have also decided to incorporate mirrors in the living area & glass panels & doors to replace some walls that will be knocked down. He said that it will make the space look bigger & will give it a "manhattan apt look" (I like!!). He is patient even though I changed my mind a few times during the tile selection & accompanied me several times to change the order. Overall, I would say that I'm extremely comfortable with our working relationship up till now. Crossing my fingers that everything will go smoothly. Target to start hacking in 1 week's time. :dancingqueen:

Hi Callie, the pic looks like your bedroom flooring has mirror image. Is it really reflective?

HI Callie: Wa, you are quite daring huh....using black tiles......most of time ppl choose lighter tiles to make it look bigger but I suppose this is very subjective la.......just be careful with contractors you choose... it must be responsive......my sister use a lousy contractor that do not respond and not very professional.... that is why I am scared too...still have not decided on mine yet..went around sourcing for the furnishing stuff first ..hehehe... keep me posted of yours ya.... Good luck .....Cheers!!

Hi Callie, the pic looks like your bedroom flooring has mirror image. Is it really reflective?

Hi SClofthouse,

The black tile is high gloss homogeneous tile. My bedroom has no direct sunlight & I intend to keep my bedroom in a cosy ambience so it will not be too reflective. What you see here was taken next to a window with bright sunlight, so that everyone can see the tile clearly.

My link