Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jjk

Cabinet Length Is Shorter Than What Was Quoted For...

We were quoted for a 10ft length cabinet. Price was agreed upon etc. so now renovation works is half way. cupboards are being installed. we kpo decided to go measure the lengthof thhe cabinets. realised that one cabinet was shorter than what we had agreed upon...by 1ft plus.....is that acceptable? should I be asking for some price reduction from the ID? I understand sometimes length may be more and IDs may not charge extra....so viceversa...if short by a bit, we shouldn't make too much noise. but by 1ft? Is that acceptable?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We were quoted for a 10ft length cabinet. Price was agreed upon etc. so now renovation works is half way. cupboards are being installed. we kpo decided to go measure the lengthof thhe cabinets. realised that one cabinet was shorter than what we had agreed upon...by 1ft plus.....is that acceptable? should I be asking for some price reduction from the ID? I understand sometimes length may be more and IDs may not charge extra....so viceversa...if short by a bit, we shouldn't make too much noise. but by 1ft? Is that acceptable?

Imo, if you are happy with the overall works done, let it ride.

Otherwise, use that as a point for discounting.

thanks for the responses. :) Ok, so I'm not alone in thinking that 1ft is quite off...overall works so far is ok. not that great, but not that bad either. haha. though I'm not sure how to calculate it, but using the price quoted, working out the rate for 1ft, that is $300+. My cabinet is full height type (close to 9ft tall). shall see how and try to ask for discount. hmmm....