Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Talkaboutit

Bad Experience With Winter International Furnishing

In case you see WINTER INTERNATIONAL furnishing, TURN AWAY..

I ordered a sofa set and a DORMA mattress with bedframe and headboard at the Singapore Expo. As a confirmed delivery date could not be fixed, so a tentative date (2/July) was given and they told me to call the delivery hot line to make that change. (During the sale, everything was can and okay, no problem).

My nightmare soon begins when I called to changed my delivery to 29/June. Delivery did not turned up until the 2nd/July and the sofa set was not included in the delivery. During such time, no one called to inform me about about the change or that they were not coming. Every time I called, they would say, there's no schedule for your delivery. During those nights I had to spend 3 nights on the floor with my baby.

When they delivered the bed, they not only screwed the bedframe in the wrong direction (when I told them, they refuse to correct it) and left the mattress (in full plastic, unopened) for me myself. They even stepped on the bedframe and left footprints on it..The headboard was badly sewn and the design was not even the one that I have selected. I told them I am not taking the headboard and asked them to remove it and cancel it since I do not trust their workmanship anymore.

2 weeks later, I realized my mattress has sunken in. I knew that I had to call King Koil (Dorma mattress is under King Koil) to come for inspection and when the officer came, he lifted the mattress and found that the bedframe broke. He questioned why Winter didn't supply me the Original bedframe and gave me a HOLLOW bedframe with aluminium legs and not stainless steel ones. He mentioned that a hollow bedframe cannot take the weigh of the mattress. When asks for a replacement, they re-sent me the same hollow bedframe, they even used back the same aluminum legs for the bed! When told that we will not receive the bed that is not from King Koil, the driver left BOTH the new bedframe and the broken bed at my door and left. My mum, who was alone, carrying my baby was left stranded when the doorway was obstructed by the beds. It took me more than 30 mins to get someone to answer my call and have them return to collect back both items. With the help of King Koil, I finally managed to get the ORIGINAL bedframe from King Koil 2 weeks later.

Then came nightmare number 2. Being excited after such a long wait, the sofa finally came, BUT it was a entirely different sofa set from the one we ordered. I called them everyday to get them to come back and collect but they simply refuse and asks me to use it first while waiting for my replacement.

When I consulted CASE, they told me that they will write in to Winter and wait for their reply. Meantime, I just have to keep pushing them. No matter how I threatened to go CASE and the media, they refuse to budge and cancel my order. (I have already paid the sofa in full but only placed a deposit for the bed). Everyday I call Winter, the lines either go unanswered or I will be told no schedule for your delivery,

Finally, after more than 2 months. I managed to get them to cancel my sofa. They even wanted to collect the remaining payment of the bed from me.

While I was googling for Winter's email (unfortunately they do not have one). I chanced upon someone posting a message on them that their furniture broke in less then 2 months and has not been able to get Winter to replaced it till now.

My case has more to it then the above but I have decided to make long story short. Winter not only tried to cheat me out of the Original King Koil bedframe and headboard, they also did not give me the free mattress protector and 2 pillows supposing come with it for each DORMA Or KINGKOIL mattress purchased. They also cheated me by writing on the D.O of my sofa "DORMA", which the King Koil officer (who came and inspected my bed) saw it and said why Winter made use of their brand when the sofa does not even belongs to them.

If you do every see this shop, suggest you do not even enter or your nightmare will begin... and will not know when it's going to end.

:jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi check with u is it the 1 at the furniture mall? If is then i just bought my dining table there.. :( i hope nothing happen on the delivery date as i already paid full payment..

hi check with u is it the 1 at the furniture mall? If is then i just bought my dining table there.. :( i hope nothing happen on the delivery date as i already paid full payment..

No, I bought it during the May's Expo. They were somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Talkaboutit

My dining table just came 3 days back.. so far the delivery date is on time and i call a couple of days earlier to bring forward 1 day of delivery and they said no issue on that and delivery day itself was smooth although found 1 not really visible scratch on the table leg itself and they try to darken the mark so i am ok with that as i know nothing is 100% perfect at least 95% i am ok with that..

In case you see WINTER INTERNATIONAL furnishing, TURN AWAY..

I ordered a sofa set and a DORMA mattress with bedframe and headboard at the Singapore Expo. As a confirmed delivery date could not be fixed, so a tentative date (2/July) was given and they told me to call the delivery hot line to make that change. (During the sale, everything was can and okay, no problem).

My nightmare soon begins when I called to changed my delivery to 29/June. Delivery did not turned up until the 2nd/July and the sofa set was not included in the delivery. During such time, no one called to inform me about about the change or that they were not coming. Every time I called, they would say, there's no schedule for your delivery. During those nights I had to spend 3 nights on the floor with my baby.

When they delivered the bed, they not only screwed the bedframe in the wrong direction (when I told them, they refuse to correct it) and left the mattress (in full plastic, unopened) for me myself. They even stepped on the bedframe and left footprints on it..The headboard was badly sewn and the design was not even the one that I have selected. I told them I am not taking the headboard and asked them to remove it and cancel it since I do not trust their workmanship anymore.

2 weeks later, I realized my mattress has sunken in. I knew that I had to call King Koil (Dorma mattress is under King Koil) to come for inspection and when the officer came, he lifted the mattress and found that the bedframe broke. He questioned why Winter didn't supply me the Original bedframe and gave me a HOLLOW bedframe with aluminium legs and not stainless steel ones. He mentioned that a hollow bedframe cannot take the weigh of the mattress. When asks for a replacement, they re-sent me the same hollow bedframe, they even used back the same aluminum legs for the bed! When told that we will not receive the bed that is not from King Koil, the driver left BOTH the new bedframe and the broken bed at my door and left. My mum, who was alone, carrying my baby was left stranded when the doorway was obstructed by the beds. It took me more than 30 mins to get someone to answer my call and have them return to collect back both items. With the help of King Koil, I finally managed to get the ORIGINAL bedframe from King Koil 2 weeks later.

Then came nightmare number 2. Being excited after such a long wait, the sofa finally came, BUT it was a entirely different sofa set from the one we ordered. I called them everyday to get them to come back and collect but they simply refuse and asks me to use it first while waiting for my replacement.

When I consulted CASE, they told me that they will write in to Winter and wait for their reply. Meantime, I just have to keep pushing them. No matter how I threatened to go CASE and the media, they refuse to budge and cancel my order. (I have already paid the sofa in full but only placed a deposit for the bed). Everyday I call Winter, the lines either go unanswered or I will be told no schedule for your delivery,

Finally, after more than 2 months. I managed to get them to cancel my sofa. They even wanted to collect the remaining payment of the bed from me.

While I was googling for Winter's email (unfortunately they do not have one). I chanced upon someone posting a message on them that their furniture broke in less then 2 months and has not been able to get Winter to replaced it till now.

My case has more to it then the above but I have decided to make long story short. Winter not only tried to cheat me out of the Original King Koil bedframe and headboard, they also did not give me the free mattress protector and 2 pillows supposing come with it for each DORMA Or KINGKOIL mattress purchased. They also cheated me by writing on the D.O of my sofa "DORMA", which the King Koil officer (who came and inspected my bed) saw it and said why Winter made use of their brand when the sofa does not even belongs to them.

If you do every see this shop, suggest you do not even enter or your nightmare will begin... and will not know when it's going to end.

:jawdrop:

Hello Everybody,

I am also going through a very experience with Winter International. In the month of Feb-2011 we bought a Sofa set with them, this was delivered to us end May-2011. The sofa cushions that they delivered were all damaged and since that date to day we are following up with them to replace the cushions. They are a bunch of irresponsible people dealing with inferior quality goods.

Don't ever step into that store.

I bought my sofa, coffee and dining table from Winter Int'l and was attended by Vanessa who I found to be one of the best and very professional sales person. Do look out for her for assitance if you want to experience a good service that I got.

In short, do not buy from this company. I have made a report with CASE on them. Will file a small claims after Chinese new year.

I second this. Please heed advice, the company is still the same even though the threadstarter reported these issues 3 years ago in 2011.

Will be making a report as well in the next couple of days.

May I know what are the issues you are facing with them?