Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeRfMeRf

<><> Our Simple 4-Room Loft @ Hougang <><>

Hey Fellow RT Bros & Sis,

After seeing so many beautifully documented homes and abodes, i guess its also time we start sharing our renovation process with everyone here as i aspire our home to be lovely and nice as well.

The place we've gotten was from a HDB Sales of Balance Flats excercise and its me and my WTB's first home and hope everyone will enjoy our renovations as much as we've enjoyed reading everyone else.

Here is the Layout of our flat.

FlatLayout.jpg

As you can see, the layout is a tad bit challenging to design due to the left and right most walls being slanted and diagonal as the flat itself is curved at its exterior.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Yuki+jason,

Thanks for ya warm welcomes! This unit is about 13yrs old, however it uses a central dustbin design as it was built during the transition stage of HDB going from the older layouts to newer ones, however we do have some issues with the toliets thou which i'll will cover later. Nonetheless do hope you enjoy your stay in this thread!

Cheers!

Hi,

welcome to RT. Your house layout is really unique and of course quite challenging. If only HDB place the storeroom elsewhere it may look easier for your arrangement. The only thing i can think of is to change the position of the storeroom and the bedroom door that is facing your living.

Look forward for more of your reno pic. :)

The Preview...

Here are some pictures we took of the flat after collecting the keys. The house has been repainted/reverted back to its stock condition as best as possible by HDB.

Entering from the Main Door

Image00009.jpg

Kitchen Entrance on the left of the Main Door

Image00012.jpg

Living Room Window

Image00011.jpg

Entrance to BD1 and passage way to BD2 & MBR

Image00016.jpg

Hi,

welcome to RT. Your house layout is really unique and of course quite challenging. If only HDB place the storeroom elsewhere it may look easier for your arrangement. The only thing i can think of is to change the position of the storeroom and the bedroom door that is facing your living.

Look forward for more of your reno pic. :)

thanks for your warm greetings, yes we also contemplated on that or even sealing off the original entrance to BD1 and access it through the storeroom there instead, however like all homes, i think having a storeroom will definitely allow me to store those unused barang barang. :D

will up more pics tomorrow...

Edited by MeRfMeRf

the layout looks rather unique. nonetheless, looking forward to ur reno progress! :)

haha the slanted walls posted a challenge to us and its what attracted us initally as well, furthermore the blk itself is curved so not the usual HDB flats.

The Hunt...

Moving on, we met up with a few IDs from various firms including a contractor and also a friend who now works as a freelance ID.

We seen IDs from Kranki Kraft, Fuse Concept, B&M Design Construction, Sincerity as well as the freelance friend and finally selected our friend based on meeting our needs and budgets.

trust me, u'll be shagged from talking to so many IDs. so my advise.. stick to less than 5, and slowly strike out.

for myself, only went to 3 IDs. and that was tiring enuff! haha. :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

we went to see about 5, in the end its either...

• like the ideals proposed by not the price
  • like the price but no creativity juices from the ID
  • or too expensive and no brainer designs with shoddy workmanship

after the process we gave up finding anymore and decided the ID friend as he was rather creative, giving us ideals and his pricing thou not the cheapest but still within our means.