Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrix0405

Bifold Door Vs Sliding Doors

Bifold doors and sliding doors. Share your experience on the reliability. Share your experience on the problems (like banging fingers/ toes). Share how much did you pay for it etc

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have 1 bi-fold and sliding door just installed. I find bi-fold a bit flimsy (if its hanging type). it all depends your area etc. i like sliding door but also got the cons ie, if you have a very wet area or dirts etc, it may get stuck on roller or rusted. Personally I like sliding more, looks more sturdy. I think i pat about 350 plus minus.

don48 send me a good write-up and I edited and put it up for sharing.

don48 said:

======================================================================

Basically, for these kind of doors, it depends on how one uses it. And of course, the surrounding environment.

For sliding door, it's a little more pricey than bi-fold and you must not have restricted space for the sliding track. Problems face after long usage are sliding problems, which occurs because user slam slide the door, or sliding track is exposed to water for a prolonged period and after a long time, debris form up and oiling is required. Yes logically toilet is wet, but as i said environment plays a part, location of your door, concealed shower area, clothes washing, etc.

Bi-fold is economical and does not require additional space for sliding track. There are 2 kinds of bi-fold door. 1 commonly with track, and one, bottomless track. Of course the one with bottom track is cheaper and will face less problem in the long run, but it depends of what you are looking for. Some users do not like obstruction below. But if your unit faces strong wind, please use bottom track design.

If your unit does not face lots of wind, and you are a 'gentle' user, both bi-fold or sliding will last you long enough.

Guest Goobii

Bifold doors and sliding doors. Share your experience on the reliability. Share your experience on the problems (like banging fingers/ toes). Share how much did you pay for it etc

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45877

Please refer to the above thread...

Will not recommend anyone to buy from the PD DOOR.... Zero service and Ah beng attitude....

Never met a BOSS so unglam and ungentleman... Fark tub shop...

Recommendation: - 99% / 100

:furious: :furious: :furious: