Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopej

H.o.m.e. @ Serangoon North

Hi Jopej,

Waa your MBR tv feature wall not bad leh.. Like it

U r using laminate for both of your feature wall right? I thought most of the ppl would prefer to use wallpaper feature wall for Living room + laminate for MBR...

Oh yeah, can I check how much is your MBR feature wall + console?

Tks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jopej,

Waa your MBR tv feature wall not bad leh.. Like it

U r using laminate for both of your feature wall right? I thought most of the ppl would prefer to use wallpaper feature wall for Living room + laminate for MBR...

Oh yeah, can I check how much is your MBR feature wall + console?

Tks

ya.. i was pleasantly surprise with this.. this idea came from my contractor. he was trying to come up with something super affordable for me.. i ban all his expansive ideas.. he charge me 300 for the false ceiling, tv feature plus ledge.. the feature wall is actually made with gypsum board. any painting is ok, no need laminate.

i only use laminate on my living room feature wall.

Hi Jopeg, can PM how much you were charged for the shoe cabinet?

my contractors charges are very standard.. 220 per foot run for full height. so this is 660.

ya.. i was pleasantly surprise with this.. this idea came from my contractor. he was trying to come up with something super affordable for me.. i ban all his expansive ideas.. he charge me 300 for the false ceiling, tv feature plus ledge.. the feature wall is actually made with gypsum board. any painting is ok, no need laminate.

i only use laminate on my living room feature wall.

wow thats really cheap!!!

U mean $300 for you living hall false ceiling + TV feature +ledge? thats a steal! :sport-smiley-004:

YOur false ceiling is 4" or 6" how can that be so cheap hmm....

Hmm so how much he charge for installing lights for the false ceiling ~ :rolleyes:

And your shoe rack only cost $660 OMG!!! :sport-smiley-004: so cheap!

Mine was quoted 4th $1500 :jawdrop: got to remove from my list then~

:yamseng:

No no no. Dun be mistaken. 300 is for my master rm ceiling, feature panel n ledge. The false ceiling part is very small. Jus the centre of the rm. My contractor n us hav a common understanding, 拉长补短. Meaning, he will quote me some other things more ex, but some at cost. He oso need to make his earnings.

I think mine is 6". Cos I bot the bigger plc light.

haha true true

mind did told me the same thing too~

拉长补短 haha

I wonder if you have false ceiling can u place the ceiling fan on top? will it be too low and might possible get "chop" touch wood :D by he ceiling height~

Edited by Terencetcw

Ya. I did think of putting a ceiling fan, but need false ceiling to hide electrical trunking. My ceiling is already very low, can't put ceiling fan, hb feel very presured. Everything too low. :-(

can i check with you, how do we know what is the height on the ceiling level?

As i plan to do false ceiling too but i do not know the current HDB ceiling height...

I Prefer to have ceiling fan as it uses the "Air Space" so the house will be much bigger~ :)

4" false ceiling may not be good as i was told that lighting size which do not have sufficient space to install.

Ideally most of the ID/Contractor will do a 6" False Ceiling...and now im thinking on the same issue as you. "Ceiling Fan" :rolleyes:

Every estate has a slight difference in height. U can ask your contractor to help measure n give advise on whether a ceiling fan is possible.

Originally, I wanted a ceiling fan at my dining. Then I will not hav downlights there, jus lights attached to ceiling fan. So I will hav my false ceiling very shallow, jus enuf to cover trunking. U can do the same for your place. I change my mind cos I found a dining light tat I like a lot. :-)

hmm....I have L-Box surrounding for living and dining hall thus is okie for me to install dining lights and ceiling fan but the main problem will be the rooms....

What is the min clearance for installing a ceiling fan under the false ceiling? :dunno:

I was unhappy with my main gate. It looks awkward. The supplier did not use the full space of my doorway.

297f3866.jpg

I told my contractor abt it. I know it's unreasonable to request for a change since it's up already. I jus told my contractor to see it personally. Next, I received a call saying tat the gate will be replaced at no addditional charge. Hahaha. I was so happy. Thou there were problems along my reno journey, lucky my contractor helped me to settle everyone of them to my best benefit. :-)

3c315841.jpg