Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kelin

Solution For Tv In The Middle Of The Room

Is there any way to place the TV NOT against any wall? Im having a headache as to how to solve our tv problem. According to our FSM, the sofa must be against the wall, which leaves the TV hanging in the middle of the room like that. Cable, wire, tv point will be then a headache, not to mention visually aesthetic. Any idea how to solve this?

img0064eu.jpg

Edited by kelin

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is there any way to place the TV NOT against any wall? Im having a headache as to how to solve our tv problem. According to our FSM, the sofa must be against the wall, which leaves the TV hanging in the middle of the room like that. Cable, wire, tv point will be then a headache, not to mention visually aesthetic. Any idea how to solve this?

img0064eu.jpg

you can do a feature wall all the way to the false ceiling and route wire from the top but can be expensive doing this way.

If u are reno from scratch, then can embed the cabling into the cement screed to pop up in the middle of the floor.

alternatively, can do pole system shelving (Ikea type), or simply mount a see through glass partition.

But. the space infront of the main door.. that is dining rm rite? If so, then u built a cabinet, one side is buffet table, other side is tv console.

Either way. this design is costly.

you can do a feature wall all the way to the false ceiling and route wire from the top but can be expensive doing this way.

thank you for your speedy reply!

i thought of the feature wall before, but rule it out because we are working on a rather tight budget =(

If u are reno from scratch, then can embed the cabling into the cement screed to pop up in the middle of the floor.

alternatively, can do pole system shelving (Ikea type), or simply mount a see through glass partition.

But. the space infront of the main door.. that is dining rm rite? If so, then u built a cabinet, one side is buffet table, other side is tv console.

Either way. this design is costly.

Appreciate your many solutions !

We are not reno from scratch, intend to save the floor since our budget is rather tight. so i think cannot do the embedding of cable.

if i use the pole system shelving, that still leaves the cable/wire visible on the floor, and potentially a messy tangle! is there anyway to mask/hide this and doesn't look so ugly? while possibly save cost?..haha i know it is a tall order. but it is our very first home, so really really want the possible best!

when i posed the problem to one of the prospective IDs, he was so stunned and said, there will be a lot of trunking on the floor, and whether i can accept or not. i was like, "yeah, it is a problem so im asking for your solution, why else i need u?" :bangwall:

Just a suggestion, thought of doing false ceiling? And also doing a ceiling high feature wall? I mean from floor to ceiling kind of feature wall, and run the cables in the false ceiling.

Appreciate your many solutions !

We are not reno from scratch, intend to save the floor since our budget is rather tight. so i think cannot do the embedding of cable.

if i use the pole system shelving, that still leaves the cable/wire visible on the floor, and potentially a messy tangle! is there anyway to mask/hide this and doesn't look so ugly? while possibly save cost?..haha i know it is a tall order. but it is our very first home, so really really want the possible best!

when i posed the problem to one of the prospective IDs, he was so stunned and said, there will be a lot of trunking on the floor, and whether i can accept or not. i was like, "yeah, it is a problem so im asking for your solution, why else i need u?" :bangwall:

In order to hide cables, usually people will hide them in the false ceiling...

Can consider an inverted "T"? The horizontal side will be your TV console, the vertical side for mounting your TV panel. Try not to have a solid feature wall, unless your living hall is huge...