Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Hi All ~

Finally gotten my keys from HDB, a small 4Rm at Punggol Place.

Just wanna do a simple blog to document my coming reno thoughts and progress as well as hoping to get some advice from all the seniors here.

Firstly let me share my floor plan

6840509157_543948e399.jpg

Edited by pinkwhale

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Did a simple Fengshui Audit and only 2 important placement need to strictly follow :-

1) Hob

2) Bed

Wanted to do a counter for the kitchen so planning to hack some walls and thinking to combine the MBR and BR2 to do WIW

now need to brainstorm the layout.

Anyone got ideas to share? :help:

Would like to share some of the designs that had given me ideas, there are also some from magazines but hard to show to all of you cos I do not have a scanner at home

But most ideas and advice gotten from renotalk... thanks to all ~

like the counter kitchen

like the suar wood table

like the use of cement sceed wall

Ya I like the cement screed wall which is raw.. Haha..

I have got a friend who done cement screed wall on his toilet and it look very nice too..

Are all the shortlisted dining tbls available in SG? I ESP like the third one.

Btw what kind of look are you going for? There are quite a few inspirations, from which I gather you're going for a raw industrial look with a wood dining table. :P

Are all the shortlisted dining tbls available in SG? I ESP like the third one.

Btw what kind of look are you going for? There are quite a few inspirations, from which I gather you're going for a raw industrial look with a wood dining table. :P

Hi SR

Thanks for dropping by ~

yes all these tables are available in SG, the 3rd table are from journeyeast. I checked out the actual pc and it is really very raw - a little outdoor feel. they have many other raw looking tables there too...

and you are right... :thumbs up: am aiming to go for that look, but I'm not engaging an ID so I hope my personal "designing sense" can get me there

Hi pinkwhale,

Welcome to Reno-T Blog~~

Let me suggest some of the design for your layout..

1) Your TV console is really long approx 5meter?

2) By looking at your L-Sofa to TV distance is only 3m spacing...if you would get a 46" tv, your clearance should be >5m to get the best picture quality~ :rolleyes:

3) Study table facing the window.. hmm, i suggest can relocate next to your bed, reason being, nowadays laptops/desktop monitor screen comes with glossy finished. This might cause some glare while doing your work. Moreover, while doing your work in the morning facing the windows might stress your eyesight~ :rolleyes: Do consider rainy days as well...wall plug maybe located below your study table?

Just my opinion happy planning~ :yamseng:

Hi pinkwhale,

Welcome to Reno-T Blog~~

Let me suggest some of the design for your layout..

1) Your TV console is really long approx 5meter?

2) By looking at your L-Sofa to TV distance is only 3m spacing...if you would get a 46" tv, your clearance should be >5m to get the best picture quality~ :rolleyes:

3) Study table facing the window.. hmm, i suggest can relocate next to your bed, reason being, nowadays laptops/desktop monitor screen comes with glossy finished. This might cause some glare while doing your work. Moreover, while doing your work in the morning facing the windows might stress your eyesight~ :rolleyes: Do consider rainy days as well...wall plug maybe located below your study table?

Just my opinion happy planning~ :yamseng:

Hi Terencetcw, thanks for dropping by and ur suggestion!

1) Yes, you are right! the TV console is ard 5meter as I'm planning to use part of it as dinning chairs.. should be ok right?

2) thanks for pointing out le.. didnt know about the clearance distance, in this case how many inch TV can i buy :dunno: 42" ok?

3) Ya lo initially i also wanted the study table to be next to the bed facing the wall.. but the FS master say must face window cos is wealth direction wor :bangwall: so now i also abit dunno how to do