Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ARCHer

Where to get safes?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A shop at Funan Centre that sells stationery (same floor as Cafe de Amigo) is an agent for Savco safes.

http://www.savco.com.sg/safes.html

I am considering a fireproof filing cabinet instead of a safety deposit box, as it's more versatile (documents, passports, jewellery etc). And at 154kg ... it'll still be a challenge trying to move it!:notti:

I think those lightweight safes do have holes at the bottom or behind for you to drill and affix them onto the floors/shelves, right?

It would be quite an oxymoron to leave a 30kg safe lying around unsecured, akin to putting up a banner in your house: "Break-in and carry! All valuables in one convenient package! No hassle, no searching required".

u can try to go people park complex.. there a shop at level 1 where it near the toilet area... their safe is good.. and have cert... and proven.. and best of all it cheap.. some less than $200 if you getting this manual.. digital will be slightly more exp..

they provided free delivery. Best is u measure your area that wanna put safe then go there and check out the size... they have brochure too.

tangs has a selection of safes too..

it near to the escalator going upwards..just besides it only..

prices ranges from 70 plus to 100/200 plus..depending on sizes..

There is a HUGE price difference if you want a fireproof, hackproof and drillproof safe. I went to check out the safes on display at Giant Parkway and I like what I saw. You can choose between a dial type of PIN input or a digital one. I am a klutz when I am in a hurry, so the digital type would suit me well.

I also realised that the filing cabinet that I like is 300kg!:yamseng:! It's alright for landed properties but not for HDBs/condos. The ceiling/floor loading will be breached.

Anyone know where I find find a good selection of safes (for the house) to choose from? I've seen Giant (in Parkway Parade) selling safes, but their range seems limited. The ones in Carrefour are too light-weight. I'm looking for one that is around 40 kg. and big enough to hold certs (marriage, birth, graduation etc.) as well as space for some small items of cheap jewellery.

I bought 1 of those Savco from the Shop @ IMM facing Giant Hypermart.

cant remember the price, think is between $400-600. Used it mainly for title deeds and share vouchers.