Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
firegoddess

Reno With The Stars!

Hi firegoddess, Silestone's a great product and if you're going to have it installed, it's probably going to last you for a long, long time! Personally, I'm mad for granite as I like the appearance. Fundamentally, I don't think it's odd to have a mix-and-match of brands. However, if you have an induction hob, then the only gas hob you'd probably get is likely to be one for cooking with woks - logically, that's how I see.

As for the hood, oven and whatever else, different brands are probably fine cos they would be clad in that nice outer steel look. I just feel that if you're buying from one retailer/wholesaler, buying products from one brand might enable you to have more grounds for greater discount. Consider this: the look of the kitchen isn't only just about the kitchen applicances - it will be the applicances + the cabinetry + the type of sink and tap + the lights + flooring [i.e. the whole look - think images from Pogen Pohl or Pronorm). But as I said before, you're getting some kick-a** products - enjoy!

As for the window extractor fan, I imagine you're cooking loads everyday? My initial thoughts are that a **** good hood should serve your daily needs adquately. Since your'e going to get an induction hob, you can match that with a downdraft extractor. But again, it would also depend how you intend to use your kitchen.

Sounds like a wonderful kitchen in the making, I'm sure of it. :)

Hi MrDisco, Silestone installed in kitchen can't be moved if I move again that's why for the study desks with Silestone tops, am insisting removable kind so must well finished on all sides. Hmm, any lobang on which vendor will give great discount if buy everything single brand? They said good sinks only 3 brands: Frankie, Blacken & Franco I think, so any lobang too? Found a kitchen mixer tap from Kitchen Concept that can pull out yet got led light but at s$1450++ faint! Where & what to get for a powerful extractor fan as ID wanted to charge S$450 for ducting? Are you getting Brandt hood? Can't get downdraft extractor, HDB kitchen too small.

welcome to t-blog firegoddess! love your WIW to be and choices for kitchen appliances. we would have loved to go the De Dietrich, miele and Gaggenau route too but alas, pockets are not deep enough, lol. We've used 3 different de dietrich stoves in 3 different houses over the past 25 years, and you cant go wrong with them. as for induction vs gas, you might want to consider how often you will cook, cos a gas stove might be hardier and more economical in the long run, you can always consider getting a portable induction stove. for extraction fans, try KDK but mr disco has also given you good ideas on alternatives depending on your usage and items eventually purchased.

Thanks Sleek, really appreciate that stamp of approval on De Dietrich stove as your 25 years & 3 different stoves outbid any salesman talk. Yesterday hubby persuaded me not to get gas stove so decided to get only induction so can get 60cm hood right? Oh thanks, will check out the extraction fans.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello firegoddess, as regards sinks, there's a wide variety of brands. I believe you are referring to Franke and Blanco? They are decent brands especially Franke. As a matter of fact, I am getting a Franke sink. But have you taken a look at Teka? I believe they were having a sale about a month back, you should check with them - I got a decent semi-industrial pull-out tap from Teka recently. Check out the 2nd floor of Econflo along Beach road - they may have some surplus project sinks. There's also this other place at cemdex (where the de dietrich showroom is located) located on the ground floor - the name escapes me, but last i checked they had some franke sink + tap deals. Worth looking.

As regards getting good deals for kitchen appliances, I guess people sometimes have their favourite places or go through contacts. However for De dietrich/miele/gaggenau and other drool-worthy stuff, have you taken a peek at rina electrical? it's at shaw centre - 5th floor, I think.

Happy hunting. Looking forward to see your pics.

:furious: Got played out by one of the IDs (walk-in wardrobe featured above) or perhaps she chickened out! I'm desperate, anyone got good IDs to recommend as I need to start with another 2-3 IDs all over again? :bangwall: Especially interested in those that already stayed in your renovated residence for 1-2 years as you can tell whether their workmanship is good or bad. I've got plenty of carpentry to do up.

sorry to hear about your problems! i dont have a good ID to recommend but the carpenters that my reno guy uses are **** good so far, not sure if they are still taking outside jobs as my reno guy just mentioned that the carpenter boss told him he will stick to just doing jobs from reno guy and obviously not been used for 1-2 years either la dunno.gif

sorry to hear about your problems! i dont have a good ID to recommend but the carpenters that my reno guy uses are **** good so far, not sure if they are still taking outside jobs as my reno guy just mentioned that the carpenter boss told him he will stick to just doing jobs from reno guy and obviously not been used for 1-2 years either la dunno.gif

Hi Sleek,

Desperate now so do let me have your reno guy's contact. Thanks.

Hi hi,

May I know where and how much did you get your Silestone? How is their installation? I am looking at counter top materials for my new home, and is considering between Silestone and Caesar stone. Any recommendation? Thanks.

Been looking around and might be considering these kitchen appliances so any feedbacks? Already ordered Silestone white platimium counter top for kitchen counters for those interested to know.

Hi hi,

May I know where and how much did you get your Silestone? How is their installation? I am looking at counter top materials for my new home, and is considering between Silestone and Caesar stone. Any recommendation? Thanks.

Hi Renotm,

Read about Silestone from another forum & since fed up with existing peeling laminated counter top, told DH I wanted the best available like Silestone for this new unit. At first DH was :jawdrop: & insisted on granite which he thought was durable & cheaper but after visiting some ID's show kitchens with terrible granite top condition, he went online to survey & couldn't decide between Silestone or the cheaper Caesarstone but was eventually won over by Silestone anti-bacterial property as we used to have cats who loved to sleep on counter tops.

Ordinary Silestone range I'd be happy as its already expensive but when ordering, we swoon over the latest Platinum series, very glittery & eye catching so the most expensive. Since our kitchen is very tiny with very little counter surface, decided to choose this range as the dent in pocket will be limited. Will also be using this range on our tiny bar counter top, master bathroom tiny vanity top, cistern top, recessed shampoo shelf top & shower sitting block top.

Then DH went overboard & became fixated & enamored with Silestone that's where he insisted on using Silestone for study desk tops :jawdrop: but chose the range below Platinum. Tried to entice him into using other material like glass but to no avail so we'd be having the most expensive study desks in my whole life!

ID wanted to charge markup Silestone but we decided on getting it directly so will PM you the pricings for these 2 ranges which we got in Nov 2011, our first renovation purchase before settling with an ID. During the recent great GSS sales, some not so sellable Silestone colours were on sale too so you might want to look out for that as they take measurement to cut the Silestone only after the carpentry is onsite, which is the last 2-3 weeks of your renovation. Good luck with your choice! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Renotm,

Read about Silestone from another forum & since fed up with existing peeling laminated counter top, told DH I wanted the best available like Silestone for this new unit. At first DH was :jawdrop: & insisted on granite which he thought was durable & cheaper but after visiting some ID's show kitchens with terrible granite top condition, he went online to survey & couldn't decide between Silestone or the cheaper Caesarstone but was eventually won over by Silestone anti-bacterial property as we used to have cats who loved to sleep on counter tops.

Ordinary Silestone range I'd be happy as its already expensive but when ordering, we swoon over the latest Platinum series, very glittery & eye catching so the most expensive. Since our kitchen is very tiny with very little counter surface, decided to choose this range as the dent in pocket will be limited. Will also be using this range on our tiny bar counter top, master bathroom tiny vanity top, cistern top, recessed shampoo shelf top & shower sitting block top.

Then DH went overboard & became fixated & enamored with Silestone that's where he insisted on using Silestone for study desk tops :jawdrop: but chose the range below Platinum. Tried to entice him into using other material like glass but to no avail so we'd be having the most expensive study desks in my whole life!

ID wanted to charge markup Silestone but we decided on getting it directly so will PM you the pricings for these 2 ranges which we got in Nov 2011, our first renovation purchase before settling with an ID. During the recent great GSS sales, some not so sellable Silestone colours were on sale too so you might want to look out for that as they take measurement to cut the Silestone only after the carpentry is onsite, which is the last 2-3 weeks of your renovation. Good luck with your choice! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi where you bought the Silestone from? How much they charge?

Hi where you bought the Silestone from? How much they charge?

Hi Renotm & iPineapple,

Have PMed you. Do note that I'm still at the beginning stage of renovation so have not installed Silestone yet & definitely have never utilised Silestone before.

Hi Renotm & iPineapple,

Have PMed you. Do note that I'm still at the beginning stage of renovation so have not installed Silestone yet & definitely have never utilised Silestone before.

Hihi, can you pm me the prices and contacts of Silestone?? So you are going for direct purchase for the silestone??

Hihi, can you pm me the prices and contacts of Silestone?? So you are going for direct purchase for the silestone??

Yeap, already ordered & they chased me for on site measurement but only just started hacking walls now so won't be on time for CNY. A few other items also ordering direct instead of going through ID. PMed you.

Long time no update due to re-selection of IDs which finally signed one up last month after going through our requirements with 4 IDs/Contractors for the first round, and another 6 for second round. All from first round dropped out except 1, got more responses from second round but was quoted S$100K :jawdrop: so scary but we do concur that he's a true ID, alternative space planning & attention to detail is superb and will definitely recommend him if anyone got money for first class renovation!

Went back to original one from first round as already went through few rounds of 3Ds and came to an understanding with each other. Dong Tu on 22 Dec then HDB didn't give approval till 5 Jan 2012 so lesson learnt: HDB Architects love to take year end festive annual leave. ID also dreaming for he submitted to overlay wall tiles in MBR instead of MBR Bathroom & forgot to submit wall hacking so re-submitted for HDB approval total of 3 times. Now must submit another one more, sigh!

During this time another bomb shell from ID, he promptly went on vacation leave for 11 days guess that's why he kept submitting wrong things to HDB as he's dreaming of his vacation. During this period, these were done:

Kitchen wall hacked, sink concrete & base for fridge built:

DSCF2386.jpg

New MBR walls hacked, big & spacious:

DSCF2376.jpg

DSCF2381.jpg

MBR Toilet nice silver motif tiles, should interspace horizontally with the sparkle dark tile for some pattern or whole wall same tile?

DSCF2373.jpg

This thread is getting more and more interesting... Especially the Kitchen part!

Am personally looking for ideas on kitchen too, looking at De Dietrich and Miele range. At first was looking at Bosch too, but heard one of the sales man at Harvey Normans telling me,"Most advertisment you see on the street on Bosch is hand drills and industry tools..." Quite true, so their forte isn't really on kitchen appliances or washing equipment for that matter.

Confidential,

I wanted many things in Kitchen so end up very cramp, not enough counter top now. Was very ashamed of myself when watching Junior Chief on TV for I can't even bake a cake compared to those kids so want a good oven now.

Here're more kitchen appliance teasers:

Changing the Alkaline Water Dispenser to the Vesta GL 988 instead of the previously mentioned undermount type due to it being the latest newest 9 plate model, healthier water to drink. So welcome cluttered counter top with 2 drill holes for inlet & outlet drainage. Acid water to be collected below sink for floor cleaning etc:

Vesta_action_B.jpg

Bought BlancoSubline 500-U Silgranit undermount kitchen sink, almost same material as Silestone so non-scratchable unlike stainless steel sink. Required a very small size so ended buying designer line costing double of normal size, very heart ache. Don't know can install Blum servo drive at bottom to create those desired sink drawers?

IMG_0620.jpg

Matching the German sink is the German Blanco sink mixer with pull-out tap & undermount soap dispensers but ID casted holes too closely :bangwall: , need to redo which they are going to fill up wrong holes & drill new holes further apart. Luckily still got Silestone top so should remain strong sink counter:

DSCF2337.jpg

Yeap, already ordered & they chased me for on site measurement but only just started hacking walls now so won't be on time for CNY. A few other items also ordering direct instead of going through ID. PMed you.

Hi can pm me the details like price and contacts? I'm starting my reno after the cny.

Researching on what and where to get the finishings and furnishings are a real headache!!!

Appreciate all advice given!!!

Thanks!!!!!