Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fanyong7980

Comment On Choice Of Storage Heater.

Hi friend, currently I am looking for storage heater, seek some advice which brand of storage heater is recommended? actually shortlisted Ariston brand,but some shop-owner told me not gd n intro me buy joven instead...appreciate yr kind advice..thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi,

as long you DON'T go to this shop @ imm (Choong Ying - 3rd floor) buy can le...

Edited by thejabbox

Hi friend, currently I am looking for storage heater, seek some advice which brand of storage heater is recommended? actually shortlisted Ariston brand,but some shop-owner told me not gd n intro me buy joven instead...appreciate yr kind advice..thank you.

Ariston is either made in Vietnam or Italy. The made in Italy is of better quality. I had used the 15l for many years. No problem. I just changed to 30l

Do consider heat pump type heater as well. They offers much more electrical savings and the by-product cool air can helps to lower temperature of the room.

Feel free to pm me should you require more help.

Hi friend, actually a storage heater or instant heater is more energy saving? Not sure to buy storage heater or instant one for both bathroom. thanks for your kind advice.

Ariston is either made in Vietnam or Italy. The made in Italy is of better quality. I had used the 15l for many years. No problem. I just changed to 30l

Hi "ion", where did u bought yr ariston storage heater n how much? mind sharing or pm me.tks

Hi "ion", where did u bought yr ariston storage heater n how much? mind sharing or pm me.tks

I bought it from Zero. Paid $270 for it.

Want a storage heater that is energy saving and no need to wait 10~15 mins to get hot water, go for a gas water heater that uses D size battery; visit City Gas Gallery for more info.

Hi "ion", so did the storage heater indicate "Made in Italy" ?

Oh! I didn't physically checked. I have not moved in yet so I can't take a look now. The storage heater has already been installed and there is no stool in my house yet. I've seen the 'Made in Vietnam' one at Hoe Kee. Looks different.

Hi friend, actually a storage heater or instant heater is more energy saving? Not sure to buy storage heater or instant one for both bathroom. thanks for your kind advice.

hi fanyong,

whether u save money by getting a storage tank or instant heater depends on yr family size la. storage tank saves more if there're lots of family members showering and needs hot water. but if u live alone or with yr wife, yr electricity bill will be more with a storage tank bcoz altho' less ppl use the hot water it still takes same amt of electricity to heat up the water in the tank. with an instant heater u pay for what u use so in that sense it may be result in a lower electricity bill.

another consideration is usage pattern e.g.if u heat up the storage tank, but each member takes his/her own sweet time to shower, than the water will cool down and the tank needs to be heated up again. so u pay more for electricity. but with an instant heater u pay only when u turn on the heater, isn't it?

gas heaters - whether tank storage or instant - are cheaper to operate, and u can read the info at the citygas showroom.

now, whether u install electric or gas heater u need to consider the piping issue. i actually wanted to install a Rinnai gas instant heater from citygas showroom but cancelled the order later bcoz it was unsightly/ugly to run the pipes from the source to the heater! in the end i got an electric instant heater since there were only 2 of us in the family - our son was studying overseas.

finally tank heaters (usually $300-500) cost more than instant heaters (less than $200). in my old condo i installed a premium german storage tank heater and it served me well for 12+ yrs before it broke down. after that i installed an instant heater bcoz the same german brand unit asking price was so much higher it was not justified.

nowaday every businessman just wants to empty yr pocket -- like ntuc comfort, they can simply decide to jack up fares bcoz they want to maintain good profit. no where else in the world except here can a business operate with a guaranteed proft, isn't it? but that's what we hv in tpt companies here - the govt guarantees smrt, cab operators, etc a profit by regularly reviewing and approving fare hikes. until ppl cannot tahan anymore as shown in recent election outcome. even hawkers are getting into the act - now prices are jacked up if they see big crowds in the malls where they operate. never mind the tasteless food they sell, the small portion, etc - the big crowd has no choice la.

my point is u hv got to watch out for yrself, not only consider operating costs but also the initial outlay n the installation cost. also, watch out for dishonest id/contractor who quote hhigh prices and try to chop flat owners if they don't do their homework first by getting competitive quotes first.

all the best,

hi fanyong,

whether u save money by getting a storage tank or instant heater depends on yr family size la. storage tank saves more if there're lots of family members showering and needs hot water. but if u live alone or with yr wife, yr electricity bill will be more with a storage tank bcoz altho' less ppl use the hot water it still takes same amt of electricity to heat up the water in the tank. with an instant heater u pay for what u use so in that sense it may be result in a lower electricity bill.

another consideration is usage pattern e.g.if u heat up the storage tank, but each member takes his/her own sweet time to shower, than the water will cool down and the tank needs to be heated up again. so u pay more for electricity. but with an instant heater u pay only when u turn on the heater, isn't it?

gas heaters - whether tank storage or instant - are cheaper to operate, and u can read the info at the citygas showroom.

now, whether u install electric or gas heater u need to consider the piping issue. i actually wanted to install a Rinnai gas instant heater from citygas showroom but cancelled the order later bcoz it was unsightly/ugly to run the pipes from the source to the heater! in the end i got an electric instant heater since there were only 2 of us in the family - our son was studying overseas.

finally tank heaters (usually $300-500) cost more than instant heaters (less than $200). in my old condo i installed a premium german storage tank heater and it served me well for 12+ yrs before it broke down. after that i installed an instant heater bcoz the same german brand unit asking price was so much higher it was not justified.

nowaday every businessman just wants to empty yr pocket -- like ntuc comfort, they can simply decide to jack up fares bcoz they want to maintain good profit. no where else in the world except here can a business operate with a guaranteed proft, isn't it? but that's what we hv in tpt companies here - the govt guarantees smrt, cab operators, etc a profit by regularly reviewing and approving fare hikes. until ppl cannot tahan anymore as shown in recent election outcome. even hawkers are getting into the act - now prices are jacked up if they see big crowds in the malls where they operate. never mind the tasteless food they sell, the small portion, etc - the big crowd has no choice la.

my point is u hv got to watch out for yrself, not only consider operating costs but also the initial outlay n the installation cost. also, watch out for dishonest id/contractor who quote hhigh prices and try to chop flat owners if they don't do their homework first by getting competitive quotes first.

all the best,

Hi'bluefly',thanks for yr sharing n advice.

May I know which brand of instant heater did u bought? So 1 instant heater can used for both toilet?

Hi "ion", so did the storage heater indicate "Made in Italy" ?

I have a 15L Ariston electric water heater in my current flat, at the bottom it indicates that it is Made in EEC. EEC stands for European Economic Community.

I have a 15L Ariston electric water heater in my current flat, at the bottom it indicates that it is Made in EEC. EEC stands for European Economic Community.

Just checked my Ariston 30l storage heater. It's indicated Made in Italy.