Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookcpu

I Found A New Type Of Led Light

I have found a new type of LED light that is much brighter than those LED light sold in Light shop. I have try a few type of LED light but most of them are not bright enough. Just to share with those thinking of changing to LED light for their whole house.

AIMG_0202.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

[HI... this is not a new type of LED....

it's just the high power LED in which has been in the market for years....

I have found a new type of LED light that is much brighter than those LED light sold in Light shop. I have try a few type of LED light but most of them are not bright enough. Just to share with those thinking of changing to LED light for their whole house.

AIMG_0202.jpg

Hi cookcpu, pls advise why this new type of LED light is much brighter and how you calculate if a LED light is not bright enough?

I have bought those normal LED light that cost $90 a piece but it just not bright enough as compare to normal flourescent lights. When I install this type of LED light it suit my requirement. I am just a laymen so if my eye say it is bright enough then it will be fine with me.

A lot of time people tell me that certain lux rating in a bulb will show it will be as bright as normal light but at night, after the LED light being install in a room, it just doesn't feel bright enough as compare to normal flourescent downlight. IMHO.

PS. The contractor show me the lux rating which I have forget about the number. I just tell him to install a testing light so that I can see how bright it is at night.

Edited by cookcpu

[HI... this is not a new type of LED....

it's just the high power LED in which has been in the market for years....

AIMG_0202.jpg

Thank you for informing me about that I am slow in finding such product. I am just sharing with others. I forget the technical words for this type of light but I just call it LED light.

Hopefully, fellow forummer will find this type of LED light useful to them. Since you know this type of LED is in the market for years, I guess you have experience in this field. Will you kindly share the pro and con with us in this forum. Thank you.

hi cookcpu... may i know where can i get those LEDs? do they come in daylight color or only warmwhite?

tinking of getting those to fix up in my kitchen cabinet..

hi cookcpu... may i know where can i get those LEDs? do they come in daylight color or only warmwhite?

I have sent a pm to you on who to contact. Best that you talk to the guy so he will know what you need. They have yellow and white light. Hope this help.

PS. They do come in long thin strip too which might suit your kitchen cabinet. I have this type install under and above the toilet mirror.

Edited by cookcpu

for kitchen cabinet i suggest you use the 5050 led strip...

they are bright...

my own house also using this....

High power LED basically are bright... the pros everyone should know is that it's the equavilent to a 50W MR16 halogen but at a 3 - 5 watt power consumption...

the problem with the LED in the picture is that they need huge heat sinks so... not really a con but sometimes the size of the heat sink might not be to friendly to the placement ... but it's **** bright i believe....

I have got a 3.5W MR16 in my toilet in which is bright but the difference is that it covers an area around 4ft diameter... which particular or corner areas are not lit... compared to a 50W halogen... well anything as long as you save the electricity bills right....

cheers....

Thank you for informing me about that I am slow in finding such product. I am just sharing with others. I forget the technical words for this type of light but I just call it LED light.

Hopefully, fellow forummer will find this type of LED light useful to them. Since you know this type of LED is in the market for years, I guess you have experience in this field. Will you kindly share the pro and con with us in this forum. Thank you.

High power LED basically are bright... the pros everyone should know is that it's the equavilent to a 50W MR16 halogen but at a 3 - 5 watt power consumption...

the problem with the LED in the picture is that they need huge heat sinks so... not really a con but sometimes the size of the heat sink might not be to friendly to the placement ... but it's **** bright i believe....

I have got a 3.5W MR16 in my toilet in which is bright but the difference is that it covers an area around 4ft diameter... which particular or corner areas are not lit... compared to a 50W halogen... well anything as long as you save the electricity bills right....

cheers....

Thank you for mentioning the downlight require heatsink. I almost forgotten about it. At least, the MR16 is one third price I have bought but I find the MR16 ligth in still not bright enough for room but it is bright enough for the toilet.

The picture I posted is that they modified it into my existing downlight. They use the reflecting plate as heatsink. I did bought a few downlight from them and it have heatsink in it.

You need a false ceiling to install those downlight sold by them.

Now I have to monitor how much less electricity am I going to use per month.

Can email me where I can buy this light and how much did u buy it? My email address is miniapple25@gmail.com Tks.

I have sent you a pm regarding the person to contact. The price range is between $29 to $55 depending whether it is a module that install into your existing light or a new downlight.

I have measured my 3.5w and 4w Opitled/Philips MR16/GU10 LEDs with a spotmeter and confirm their brightness is the same as 20w MR16/GU10 Halogen but with narrower beam angle.

My current favourite LED bulbs are 3x3w CREE MR16/GU10 with 60 degree beam angle (running at 6.5w), bought from Ebay. They are roughly equivalent to 35w Halogen.

My first round of installation I used Optiled and Philips Master but haven't found Philips Master worth the premium price. The ones from Ebay are just as good/better in terms of colour rendition and reliability so far.

Edited by erwin123