Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
uberblessed

Lighting.com.sg

This is to share my bad experience at Lighting.com.sg. I have to agree that ther prices are attractive but their service and quality of products really "justify" the low prices.

In Oct 2010, I bought almost all the lighting for my HDB maisonette from them, a chandelier and lights for 2 bedrooms, amongst others. Less than 1 mth after installation, one of the light bulbs of my chandelier keep spoiling. I had to take time off work 3 times for them to replace the light bulb. Only after the 3rd time and after I insisted that they change the light holder, then was the problem rectified.

In May 2011, one of the bulbs in my bedroom light was not lighting up. The light has 2 bulbs, so I procrastinated and thought I would buy a bulb to replace later on. The same thing happen to the light in my 2nd bedroom. So Last month when I bought the bulbs to replace, I realized that the problem lies in the lights, not the bulbs.

Called Lighting.com.sg and spoke to Han Fei, he said straight flat no to helping me resolve the problem. Couldn't do anything I was told.. Told him that the shop service and quality of products is very bad..and told him that I would share this information with others. He said ok, go ahead.

So lesson learnt, really 'yi fen qian yi fen huo'..hope you all can gain from my lesson learnt.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thank for the head up but sometime fault can lies somewhere else.

I will still buy all the Philips lighting and bulbs from them. I also buy the cheap cheap Ikea lighting, if spoil just throw away and buy the same model, if second time also same light spoil or more light spoil in the house, will call for electrician to check power supply in term of current distribution between the point and the rest of the house, if needed will run from a new mcb.

You never know, maybe your electrician beh gan.

i bought all my false ceiling lights and kit lights from them, and thank god so far no problems yet.

In fact dat time there were some cracks on the kit light they delivered, and they gave me a new piece when i brought it down personally the next week . (that's the tedious part, got to go change personally @ their shop).

They were not rude or have bad attitude towards me when i told them abt the cracks, so i guess i'll still continue to buy from them in future if the prices are right.

Nowadays a lot of cheap cheap stuff made in china one and spoil easily, so i guess luck counts.

Frankly, not trying to defend anyone, but when buying lights, a lot depends on your luck. I installed 30 downlights in my false ceiling and after two years, one of them keeps giving intermittent issues. I had to figure out and fix it myself eventually. The materials used and also your luck plays a big part.

To request for after sales support after selling the lights is not wrong but to be fair, it also depends on whether it is their policy to do it for you after a certain timeframe.

One of the things I learnt after marriage and buying a new house, is to be as independent as possible (meaning, becoming a part time electrican, painter, plumber, Lock changer, DIY experts, etc, etc). After getting those "cheap" contractor who advertise thru papers or pamplets found in our letter box, and realising them NOT cheap at all, I roll up my sleeves and try to DIY it as much as possible. Well, a lot of things can be learnt through the web and also going to those more expensive establishment like Home-fix to ask for advice, buy from them, and can change (hehehe...) if buy wrongly.

Good luck.