Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renonoober

Seriously Need Help!

Hi All,

I'm new to forum but I got a big problem. I engaged a freelancer ID to do my renovation. However, the ID keeps delaying my renovation. The ID agreed via SMS that he would complete his job last week (which is already delayed). But he dragged the renovation for very long. It was half done. He gave many excuses for the delay. What am I suppose to do? Can I go CASE but he is a freelancer.

Thanks for the advice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi All,

I'm new to forum but I got a big problem. I engaged a freelancer ID to do my renovation. However, the ID keeps delaying my renovation. The ID agreed via SMS that he would complete his job last week (which is already delayed). But he dragged the renovation for very long. It was half done. He gave many excuses for the delay. What am I suppose to do? Can I go CASE but he is a freelancer.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi renonoober,

how much have u pay him to 40%, 10% etc? and at what stage of the reno are u right now, also i think this will drag on after CNY as the contractor he might have engaged if malaysian, should be packing up and getting ready to go back already for CNY and only be back on Feb, so u should ask yourself if u can afford the wait or not. if u have already pay out most of the payment, we would suggest u meet him face to face sit down and discuss on the actual timing of completion, have it in writing. if u have not pay much, u would like to consider chopping off and reconsider the option.

Hi renonoober,

how much have u pay him to 40%, 10% etc? and at what stage of the reno are u right now, also i think this will drag on after CNY as the contractor he might have engaged if malaysian, should be packing up and getting ready to go back already for CNY and only be back on Feb, so u should ask yourself if u can afford the wait or not. if u have already pay out most of the payment, we would suggest u meet him face to face sit down and discuss on the actual timing of completion, have it in writing. if u have not pay much, u would like to consider chopping off and reconsider the option.

Hi,

I had made 95% of the payment. If I extend the deadline for him, let's say until 31 Jan and if he still cannot complete the reno, Can I seek monetary compensation from him? Or can I refer to CASE?

Hi,

I had made 95% of the payment. If I extend the deadline for him, let's say until 31 Jan and if he still cannot complete the reno, Can I seek monetary compensation from him? Or can I refer to CASE?

As u have answer the question yourself already, he is a freelancer so CASE cant do anything to him, 95% already, so what is left to complete, in the reno industry, the last 5% is for rectification only, so u are left with touch up only?

Edited by renoideas

As u have answer the question yourself already, he is a freelancer so CASE cant do anything to him, 95% already, so what is left to complete, in the reno industry, the last 5% is for rectification only, so u are left with touch up only?

Sorry I forgot to mention it was my shop that is renovated. So since my ID delayed my reno, can I seek compensation? If yes, what kind of compensation can I get?

Thank you for ur advice!

Sorry I forgot to mention it was my shop that is renovated. So since my ID delayed my reno, can I seek compensation? If yes, what kind of compensation can I get?

Thank you for ur advice!

50% u can if he has a id firm

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice.

You can call me for advise.

Ronald: 82008901