Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
battle

My Ea @ Bedok - Mid May 2012

Hi Battle, my electrician quote me based on the whole project. Tell him what you want and he will let you have the quote on the spot.

Should know what others had quoted you, take that as a guide and see if he's cheap but of cos you need to nego the price with him I can definately say that his work are good. Don't have to tell him where your lights gonna be, just give him the 3D drawings and straight away he knows what to do.

If you are interested let me know, I can PM you his number.

Just to make this clear. I'm not anyway related to him, he's the electrician for both my old and under Reno house.

Thanks jass2112, can pm me his number ; ) Will be good to talk to a few. Cause I have some special requirement since for mine, after my previous owner purchase the recess area, they have to re-locate the main meter & water meter OUT of the recess area causing a huge mess of wiring. So would like a good electrician to check if can clean-up all those mess.

Battle, sorry to post here, have a question. Would like to know if majority of Reno, they will charge for labour on install heater storage, spray, sink etc.

Hey MamaO, no worries, T-Blog are for everyone to chat and share and understand. Since I learn a lot from people who did their T-Blog, I put up my share as well.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Last night went up view the MBR bathroom. Partially done.

Why so long :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Quality work takes time mar... a lot of grinning work, hence super labor intensive. :dribble: :dribble:

Very impressed with the workmanship so far.

Last night went up view the MBR bathroom. Partially done.

Why so long :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Quality work takes time mar... a lot of grinning work, hence super labor intensive. :dribble: :dribble:

Very impressed with the workmanship so far.

a lot of grinding work? why?

no photos to show?

a lot of grinding work? why?

no photos to show?

Ay, this one will only show photo at the very end. Quality work must wait :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Some might notice the difference, some might not. But personally, that's important (even at the expense of longer installation time). :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

3D drawing of my Kitchen from living room walkway view.

kitchen_3d_01.jpg

2 mistake here : hood shouldn't be there & the ID have remove the wall on the right side of the window where the hood is.

the rest is almost there. ; )

Enjoy and feel free to commend ; )

Kitchen from the other side ; p

kitchen_3d_02.jpg

Same thing, just imagine without the hood & include a wall on the right will do.

Nice leh... but a bit dark leh... hehehe... maybe i prefer bright colour, this is just too dark for my taste. hehehe...

Lucky you. Got the new ID to do up 3D :thumbs up: Jia Shui :yamseng: Ohhh .. good solution for that unhackable pillar.Your overhead feature for the dinner table is below a beam, right? Still can hang those kind of lightings uh? Ours cannot. Too low.

Revised quotes came in liao from Zenterra. Light pts $32, single $48, double $58, light instaln $8, LAN pts $120 with an additional 5% off the total of $4164 = $3955.80 agst previous quote of $4661. Slash $705.20. I think this is how it is being calculated, will feedback Andrew to make sure all items required are accounted for. No reply from Ah Soon. Understand from RT that he is busy with a current project and maybe many more on waiting list. What's more our request for quotes is quite last minute.

Lucky you. Got the new ID to do up 3D :thumbs up: Jia Shui :yamseng: Ohhh .. good solution for that unhackable pillar.Your overhead feature for the dinner table is below a beam, right? Still can hang those kind of lightings uh? Ours cannot. Too low.

Revised quotes came in liao from Zenterra. Light pts $32, single $48, double $58, light instaln $8, LAN pts $120 with an additional 5% off the total of $4164 = $3955.80 agst previous quote of $4661. Slash $705.20. I think this is how it is being calculated, will feedback Andrew to make sure all items required are accounted for. No reply from Ah Soon. Understand from RT that he is busy with a current project and maybe many more on waiting list. What's more our request for quotes is quite last minute.

i thought you say Ah soon will go your place to give you a quote tomorrow?

@May - Battle had an appt with Ah Soon, not me. Ah Soon hasn't get back to me, either by phone or email. I only managed to get him yesterday morning at 7+ am and he told me to email him our requirement. Done that and awaiting his response. Will get hubby to call Ah Soon this evening and get a rough quote over the phone 1st.

Andrew seems to be anxious that we use Zenterra instead of someone else.

Nice leh... but a bit dark leh... hehehe... maybe i prefer bright colour, this is just too dark for my taste. hehehe...

Actually pretty bright one, but after changing to granite top, become dark.

Oh. Will take note and talk to them. But hopefully I can get a good quote from Ah Soon.

Actually pretty bright one, but after changing to granite top, become dark.

Oh. Will take note and talk to them. But hopefully I can get a good quote from Ah Soon.

Battle, LLChing,

Just to share with you the quote that I have from Zenterra.

Lighting point = $30

Lighting looping point = $20

13amps single socket = $35

13amps double socket = $50

Dimmer switch = $25

Water heater point = $80

telephone line = $35

Network point (cat6) = $90

SCV tv point = $90

sub-main cable (to meter) = $120

New D/B board w ELCB & MCB =$270

Install lighting = $8 (free if you buy lighting from them)

Install ceiling fan = $40

install water heater (exclude piping) = $40

20amp isolator = $120

Hope that these information are useful to you when "bargaining" with them.

FYI, I only do re-wiring and no revonation work.

I suspect that there will is a markup if there is ID as the middleman. This is only my wild guess and I may be wrong. Or maybe because I do not have revonation work so re-wiring is easier.

Good luck to both of you in your revonation. Looking forward to see the pictues of 2 beautiful houses soon. Cheers!

Ok, I've made a comparison between Zenterra's Lemonades (supposedly pre-increased pricing according to the boss) with our revised pricing also from Zenterra (supposedly current increased prices), ours is $284.80 more expensive (after 5% discount). I think that will be Andrew's takings if ID's commission is already built in. I've called Ah Soon last nite and he quoted a rough $3800 based on apple to apple comparison which makes Ah Soon's quote $155.80 cheaper than our revised quote. Ah Soon did mention that our electrical requirement seems to be a little more complicated. Moreover, Ah Soon is super busy right now.

Based on the above, we have decided to let Andrew earn his keep and take over our headaches regarding the wiring thingy. :sport-smiley-003:

DAY 12, 29th May, Tue

Not bad. Day 12 done-up the main flat wall of both bathroom and left only those corners & top horizontal beam that need to 'kio' sui sui. Which is the ultra time consuming part and a lot of work is required to do a sui sui job. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

I would say good progress and good tilemanship :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Last night, downstairs neighbor walk pass, told me that hacking work have caused some damages to his ceiling. They have already spoken to Andrew over the phone and they just want to make sure we help them patch it up.

Will share some photo when it is fully completed ; )

Edited by battle

If ceiling is already in "spall condition" and the vibration makes it drop off, does it mean ID also have to repair ceiling for neighbour? Our area has alot of spalling defects. Never do anything will also drop off one. What kind of damage huh?