Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
battle

My Ea @ Bedok - Mid May 2012

Oh, my kids still young lar, 9,8,6,2. G,B,G,G. Have been sharing with them since they are younger that not possible to have their own room. Don't think can find 5 bedroom HDB ba... So far they understand lor. Next time they grow older than say Liao lor. Bo Bian one ; p

I brought my floor plan to abt 10 ids...finally got 1 came back with 5 equally bedrooms..but of cos smaller kitchen...

Good luck..

doing any decal? will be nice to have a family picture on 1 of the wall...just suggesting,,cheers

Edited by Nivle

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I brought my floor plan to abt 10 ids...finally got 1 came back with 5 equally bedrooms..but of cos smaller kitchen...

Good luck..

doing any decal? will be nice to have a family picture on 1 of the wall...just suggesting,,cheers

Oic. Good idea. Never thought of that. But my unit have many pillar, can't hack, so might be difficult to convert to have more bedroom.

Decal, thinking but don't know what I want. ; p

But we are considering letting them draw on 1 of the wall. If it looks nice, maybe let them draw more ; p

Oic. Good idea. Never thought of that. But my unit have many pillar, can't hack, so might be difficult to convert to have more bedroom.

Decal, thinking but don't know what I want. ; p

But we are considering letting them draw on 1 of the wall. If it looks nice, maybe let them draw more ; p

your 'them' referring to who? your kids?lol

Oh, my kids still young lar, 9,8,6,2. G,B,G,G. Have been sharing with them since they are younger that not possible to have their own room. Don't think can find 5 bedroom HDB ba... So far they understand lor. Next time they grow older than say Liao lor. Bo Bian one ; p

You can consider adjoined, multi gen or jumbo hdb next time. Can have 5 bedrooms. Examples:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43662&view=findpost&p=669274

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43662&view=findpost&p=669259

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43662&view=findpost&p=666402

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43662&view=findpost&p=666456

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43662&view=findpost&p=667060

Bedok area got quite a lot of jumbo I think.

Just to add, before I bought my EA..

My plan was to buy my neighbour's 3 room

and do the following:

convert my present kitchen into mbr(with toilet)....

in total 1 hall cum dinning area, 1 MBR, 4 rooms for my kids, 1 common toilet and 2 utilities room.

Actually kids grow up quite fast and my wife say in advance no more reno after moving in....

and do the following:

in total 1 hall cum dinning area, 1 MBR, 4 rooms for my kids, 1 common toilet and 2 utilities room.

Actually kids grow up quite fast and my wife say in advance no more reno after moving in....

If my current area has MG/adjoined/jumbo flats, I would have bought one with the view to stay for good and not move and renovate multiple times. Just love the space offered by the bigger HDBs. :wub:

Or even just to renovate and then rent the studio out for extra passive income also not a bad idea for the MG unit...

your 'them' referring to who? your kids?lol

Yup. Will plan some area for kids to 'decorate' the wall. ; p

Wah, nice. My selection criteria is very challenging. As 2 of my kids already studying in Temasek Pri, my KEY objective is to find a place really convenient for them to go school (bus ride is ok, but best don't need to change bus). Need to have at least 3 bed room, a place for 4 kids to study at the same time. Enough room to place 2 X computer.

Think I did come across a Jumbo Flat in Bedok South, but within few days, it was SOLD :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

And I check HDB website, think most are around Bedok north area, so not so good for me.

and do the following:

My MIL place actually also not bad, Bedok South also, 4 room. and it is those no common corridor type. So the lift serves only 2 unit.

I can buy over the facing unit, than shiok, double 4 room. Have the privacy + opposite MIL. Super good. But my neighbor (think is relative or siblings) have 2 other unit in the same block, so don't think they will ever sell.

Actually I was very surprise, this block, there are many families have extended families staying in the same block. You will always see them going up or down to other unit for dinner, gathering, etc etc.

My MIL place actually also not bad, Bedok South also, 4 room. and it is those no common corridor type. So the lift serves only 2 unit.

I can buy over the facing unit, than shiok, double 4 room. Have the privacy + opposite MIL. Super good. But my neighbor (think is relative or siblings) have 2 other unit in the same block, so don't think they will ever sell.

Actually I was very surprise, this block, there are many families have extended families staying in the same block. You will always see them going up or down to other unit for dinner, gathering, etc etc.

do updates us soon .....on your reno...

we have extended families in this area too.. that's why all camping here.

kekekeke~

one family member is planning to buy a unit in this area too.

we have extended families in this area too.. that's why all camping here.

kekekeke~

one family member is planning to buy a unit in this area too.

Wah !!! Challenging man. These area really really very difficult to camp ley. Think many many stay song song, won't move one wor..

For me, is really really super heng, saw liao chop chop call agent that night to view, than next night go sign OTP liao.

After that, have few opportunity to chat with seller, found that actually there are 10 groups went viewing, but most are considering, so very very heng I go and chop, else bo chance :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

DAY 5, 21st May, Mon

Today, working still doing cement screed for Both bathroom and kitchen wall + floor. Think by tonight, more will be done.

Think today, they might start doing some tiling work in both bathroom. We have already finalize the way to place the tiles (2 type) for both bathroom.

As hacking of 3 x bedroom, utility, dining & living room are unplanned, have applied permit for these hacking, so hacking work can only start on Thursday. So these few days, nothing much will happen.

Next will be working with the designer to draw 3D drawing for my place as there are some changes to the kitchen.

Next, what flooring to do for Dining, Living, walkway between Living & dining, 3 X bedroom ??? :( :( :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by battle

Wah !!! Challenging man. These area really really very difficult to camp ley. Think many many stay song song, won't move one wor..

For me, is really really super heng, saw liao chop chop call agent that night to view, than next night go sign OTP liao.

After that, have few opportunity to chat with seller, found that actually there are 10 groups went viewing, but most are considering, so very very heng I go and chop, else bo chance :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

yes yes.. i is b4 mop already chop. thats why heng heng here..

we all shopping b4 mop up lor. if not sure cannot get a place here..

very hard to get good units now.. all sort of snap up..

seems like there's reno on going in the area.. its driving me NUTS with the drilling. XD

yes yes.. i is b4 mop already chop. thats why heng heng here..

we all shopping b4 mop up lor. if not sure cannot get a place here..

very hard to get good units now.. all sort of snap up..

seems like there's reno on going in the area.. its driving me NUTS with the drilling. XD

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: is it my unit !! !! :o :o :P :P